So I think I have some tough decisions to make...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a phone call friday night saying that I was accepted into the May class at Ross.

But this means I have to change my plans somewhat. I am putting money down so that it will become my safety school. But assuming that I will be going there in May, I would have to make some changes.

I would have to drop genetics and might have to stop studying for the april mcat. It wouldn't leave me a lot of time to move cities and then move to Dominica.

With all of that, I have 2 interviews todo, PCOM tommorow and TUCOM in a month.

If I didn't get into an american osteopathic school, I was thinking of retaking the MCAT this april and reapplying while at a caribbean school and doing it earlier this time around. I just dont know if its safe to drop the genetics class or the mcat studying.

Really confused at the moment

Members don't see this ad.

I agree that you have a tough decision to make. My opinion is that if you should go to Ross, you should finish at Ross. Concentrate your efforts on blowing them away at your two interviews. If TUCOM really likes you, but doesn't have space left, they will likely offer you an early admit space for the following year's class. I don't know about PCOM. If this happens, drop the idea of going to Ross, buy a europass and a plane ticket to frankfurt and enjoy a year of being a bum. Don't matriculate at Ross unless you want to finish school there. You will need to concentrate on studying so that you can blow away your boards so that you can get a good residency. That's my 2 cents.

Russell

Congrats on your Ross acceptance! In only 16 months you will be back in Florida. I bet you could defer your admission to September if you need a little more time to decide.

Good luck!

Hey Imbebo,
Congrats on your Ross aceptance. I would have to agree with wannabe on not going to Ross if you are planning on reapplying. What would be the point in going if you are going to start over anyway? You have to look at all of your options...It seems to me that you would go DO before carribean, so I would take that into consideration as well.

1. Are you willing to stay at Ross for your entire med school education? If you are not, then you probably shouldn't go. If you would be willing, then make your deposit and hold on to see if you get into the DO school. (but this would mean that you would have to continue taking genetics and studying for the MCAT just in case).

2. If you definitely would not go to Ross, then continue with the DO interviews, your genetics class, and MCAT preparation.

But for now, try not to worry too much because you now have your PCOM interview. You may find out within a week if you are in or not and that would save you much worries. ;) (of course, it all depends how long they take to get back to you). I was notified by PCOM in less than a week, so they are fairly quick about that.

Good luck Imbebo and let us know how it goes.
Albah :clap: