SMP'ers: get together in DC!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imrep1972

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all entering SMP students: A few of us were thinking that it might be fun to get together before orientation to get to know each other in person.

My thought is that the night before orientation (August 10th) would be a good day, since most of us will have arrived in town, and school will not yet have started.

Anyone want to do this? If so, tell if that day will work for you and please suggest a location (if you know of a good one) and maybe a time we should get together.

Members don't see this ad.

imrep1972 said:
To all entering SMP students: A few of us were thinking that it might be fun to get together before orientation to get to know each other in person.

My thought is that the night before orientation (August 10th) would be a good day, since most of us will have arrived in town, and school will not yet have started.

Anyone want to do this? If so, tell if that day will work for you and please suggest a location (if you know of a good one) and maybe a time we should get together.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I don't know of any good place to meet though.

It's a good idea...but it may be a little too soon to plan the specifics. I won't be moved in until mid-july at the earliest and I think most people are on the same boat. (right? r u guys all moving to DC right now?)

Assuming most of us will live near the school, we should probably go somewhere near Wisconsin & M. If it turns out that we're scattered all over the place, then we can go to either DuPont circle or Adams Morgan.

see you guys soon. PM me if you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great idea. Most of my roommates(who are SMPers too) and myself are moving in the beginning of August, so I'll tell them to come along too.

PapaDosh said:
Great idea. Most of my roommates(who are SMPers too) and myself are moving in the beginning of August, so I'll tell them to come along too.

The more the merrier!!!

Ok, so it sounds like maybe I'm a little premature on making plans, but I'll bring this up again around August and we'll get something going.

so where in DC dou guys plan to live?

Houston and its a hot one here today! I've heard that DC is a great place to live so I am really looking forward to moving out there, but I have yet to even begin looking for an apartment. Can anyone recommend a good resource as far as apartment locators go?

Tooth

TiggidyTooth said:
Houston and its a hot one here today! I've heard that DC is a great place to live so I am really looking forward to moving out there, but I have yet to even begin looking for an apartment. Can anyone recommend a good resource as far as apartment locators go?

Tooth

craigslist, apartment.com....it may serve you well to do some research first and then pick a weekend to go. people like to show their places on saturdays and sundays.

calbear15 said:
so where in DC dou guys plan to live?

I've got a place in the River Place Apartments.

Can't say enough about it, personally. It was a great fit for me. I'm hoping that there will be other SMP'ers there too. I met with a couple current ones when I was looking at apartments, and they said there are usually 10-15 SMP'ers there each year, plus Gtown and GWU med students. Should be a good group...