Small academic dishonesty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notyouryankee404

Reaction score
I had an academic dishonesty violation. I didn't attend class but someone clicked me in with my clicker. It was the first semester in college and was a dumb mistake. I realize I was obviously wrong, dishonest and regret it completely. I finished my last three and a half years (I graduate in December) at a different university. The violation is not on my transcript from either school but there is an internal record at my first university that is destroyed 5 years after the incident (October 2019). Question is should I report it on the application for this cycle and own up to it? Or should I wait until next cycle when there is no record?

Members don't see this ad.

I would report it and explain why you received it, possibly dive into why you allowed this to happen and how you have grown from the experience thus showing your maturity and professionalism, everyone makes mistakes. I say this because from my understanding the schools you apply to for PT school will be notified of it on your file but will not be told the reason why. They will only be told you had academic dishonesty violation, without knowing the circumstances they will most likely assume the worst. Since this is a profession where you deal with sensitive topics honesty and trust are highly valued. If you don't get in because of it then just reapply next year and since it will be taken off your record completely I wouldn't mention it.