AUA Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ashley512

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was trying to see if anyone had an interview with AUA and their experience.

Members don't see this ad.

I had interviewed with them. Talked to a guy named Steven I believe, middle-aged British guy. The interview itself was very quick and basic, mainly just asked why I wanted to go to medical school, why AUA specifically, and some stuff about my transcript. He was very pushy after calling me back with the acceptance, trying to say stuff like "oh I guess you don't want to come" and was pointing out negatives about every other carib school and things along those lines when I said I'd have to think about taking the offer and that I still had other interviews.

The guy was scummy, like I know I'm just $$$ for you but at least don't make it so obvious. Needless to say, I chose elsewhere after actually doing more research about schools and AUA.

Reactions: 1 users
I had interviewed with them. Talked to a guy named Steven I believe, middle-aged British guy. The interview itself was very quick and basic, mainly just asked why I wanted to go to medical school, why AUA specifically, and some stuff about my transcript. He was very pushy after calling me back with the acceptance, trying to say stuff like "oh I guess you don't want to come" and was pointing out negatives about every other carib school and things along those lines when I said I'd have to think about taking the offer and that I still had other interviews.

The guy was scummy, like I know I'm just $$$ for you but at least don't make it so obvious. Needless to say, I chose elsewhere after actually doing more research about schools and AUA.
May I ask where you chose to go?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an MS2 at Ross now.
What's your experience at Ross like? Do you think it's a better option than SGU at this point since they're facing some accreditation problems?

Also do you have any tips for the interview at Ross? TIA!

What's your experience at Ross like? Do you think it's a better option than SGU at this point since they're facing some accreditation problems?

Also do you have any tips for the interview at Ross? TIA!
I have voiced my opinion on SGU in the accreditation thread regarding it. Don't really have a valid Ross experience seeing as how all but the 1st semester was online for me.

I got an interview invite today for Ross. Any tips?

The best tip is to improve your credentials and apply US MD and/or DO. There has never been a worse time than now to go to an offshore for-profit school.

• Care
  • Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
there's more medical schools and medical students in the usa than ever. when you apply to residency, you will be competing with american graduates. residency programs and directors will take an american grad over an img.... not saying doctors from the Caribbean are bad, but that's how the game is played. you can get your md but risk not getting a residency, which is your overall goal.

not to mention the predatory nature of Caribbean schools. you'll be fortunate to even graduate.

Reactions: 1 user

Many new schools are opening in the US, and their students will have an edge over offshore students during the match. Also, the Step 1 exam is switching to P/F, so offshore students can’t use it to stand out and gain a competitive edge.

You don’t want to be one of the many students who get flunked out by a greedy, poorly regulated business on a random island. You also don’t want to be one of the Caribbean grads who end up unmatched and jobless: ‘I Am Worth It’: Why Thousands of Doctors in America Can’t Get a Job

Even if your academic credentials aren’t competitive right now for admission into a domestic medical program, you can post on the pre-med subforum; current medical students and physicians can help you come up with a game plan for getting into a US MD or DO school.

Search #scramble2021 on twitter and see how many of them are carib grads with high step 1 scores.

• Dislike