silent rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedibug2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a few programs I definitely want to hear from who have been silent throughout the process so far for me. It looks a couple of them have been issuing rejections...when do you start worrying that you won't hear? Do many offer late in the season or am I just being silently rejected? Would love to hear from previous applicants...

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if the ones that have been issuing rejections haven't sent you anything yet, you're probably on some sort of hold list, that they'll consider interviewing you if they have people cancel other interviews.

For the ones that haven't issued rejections, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Thanks, venus! Any current peds residents remember their experiences? How late in the season were you still hearing from places?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, venus! Any current peds residents remember their experiences? How late in the season were you still hearing from places?

you can always call and find out what your status is. I did that with a program and was told they were still looking at applications and eventually the interview season ended and i did not hear from them. my co-resident was told of a rejection this way when she called. better to know than keep wondering...

Any current peds residents remember their experiences? How late in the season were you still hearing from places?
I don't remember when they all happened, but as I recall I didn't get an interview invite from my eventual residency until December. Not every program sends out their invites at the same time, or even necessarily in the order they receive them. If you haven't heard anything, be patient.

I remember one of the places I applied to for residency never contacted me for an interview or a rejection. They were not high on my list, so I never bothered to contact them for an update, so I guess we just silently rejected one another.

That or my application is still floating out there, 9 years after the fact. ;)