Sign the petition to stop nepotism in residency selection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nick21

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Dude/ma'am, you have to proof read things.

If you're going to go off on a bad tangent (and this is one) at least do it with good grammar when you take it to the federal govt.

What are your stats, where did you apply, did you go to school in the US?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is this for real or just some joke?

"After all these studying and sitting for exams, many of us have already tried three to four years in row, still can't get matched into residency programs even in rural community hospitals"

seems clear to me it's not the visa holders who are stopping you from getting into residency

Reactions: 3 users
Are you a naturalized citizen? Cause the English in that petition is pretty awful.
Do you have proof to back up your claims?

"They come from countries like India in mass number and taking our jobs. Our lives is in jeopardy"

Hide yo kids, hide yo wives..

Reactions: 4 users
"Our lives is in jeopardy"

My God the hyperbole hurts. Look, you don't deserve anything by virtue of being a US citizen, aside from the right to reside here. The US government should stop paying for people to attend foreign schools so there is no cost to them for not considering US graduates of overseas schools in a special manner and wash their hands of the issue. I would rather take no one into my residency than an underqualified candidate. Fortunately that isn't a decision I would ever have to make because there are ample highly qualified graduates from overseas to consider. Nepotism is almost never the cause for these individuals getting a spot, it is generally their excellent board scores (250+ are easy to come by), research, and CV that win out. Who would you rather hire, a person with 250+ Step scores that is an attending within your field in their home country and has numerous publications or some scrub with a couple 209s that happens to be a citizen?

Reactions: 1 users