show me the $: is George Wash., Med really worth its price?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phatsebz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
allrite now some of this is GETTIN WAAAAY OUTTA HAND.....are these med schools really worth their price tags>? Especially George Washington University Med.....should i hand over the dough? well actually the question is should i start scrambling for the dough first...

Members don't see this ad.

well, yeah, GW is kinda expensive, since their tuition is 36K and they have no student housing in DC....is that the only school you've gotten into?

if you have a problem with GW's price tag, let me suggest the following:

consider looking into military scholarships, or other outside funding

keep your credit sparkling clean to get the lowest rates if you have to dip into alternative funding

and, big thing here, if you dont mind the small commute definitely do NOT live in ultra expensive foggy bottom on a med student budget. think about living in virginia. say for example, rosslyn is a reasonably priced area right across the potomac and is only a couple metro stops away. And you'll remember GW med is RIGHT at the foggy bottom metro stop.

gw's not the only one i got into...i got into ba/md programs at the following:
Drexel
GW
UCONN
VCU/MCV
Albany Medical College

Im trying to decide between the five...i live in NJ so i dont want to be too far....but GW is VerY expensive....how does it compare to drexel and uconn?