Should I stress over the MCAT soon?

livevibrantly

Reaction score
I know I'm only a HS Junior, but should I start my mental preparation for that life-altering exam? I know there's years of learning and reviewing to do before I need to take the exam, but I'm worried that I won't be prepared when I sit for it.

Would you say the prerequisites prepare you well for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

To your title:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

What mental preparation would you even do? Seriously, tell me.

You need the pre-reqs in order to have a base of knowledge to use when learning to answer questions. And that is one of the biggest things - learning how to answer the questions. But you will not have to worry about that for another 3.5 - 4.5 years. So stop worrying about it. Seriously, you might think I am joking but I am serious - you are going to hurt yourself if you stay this high strung until application time. My suggestion is to walk away from this site until you get into college. Once you are there, feel free to come on back and dive into every little nuance of how to get the best application. But you need to chill out.

Reactions: 3 users
I know I'm only a HS Junior, but should I start my mental preparation for that life-altering exam? I know there's years of learning and reviewing to do before I need to take the exam, but I'm worried that I won't be prepared when I sit for it.

Would you say the prerequisites prepare you well for the MCAT?

It wouldn't be harmful to look at the sections it covers and know which prerequisite courses you should take during your undergraduate years to prepare for it. However, like the person above had stated, I would not be mentally preparing for the exam itself. Your science courses and dedication in undergrad will help you prepare along the way before you setup a study schedule.