Should I move my DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AT89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for helping in this stressful days. I am schedule to take the DAT in 1 week, I have 1 full week, & 2 weekends.
My scores so far are,

BC, 21BIO, 18-20GC, 19-21OG, 16QR, 16PAT, and 17RC....

I finished Destroyer & still have a few BC more to take. I am going over the ASC study guides to reinforce. I'll go over Destroyer again after I am done with the ASC. I am honestly freaking out, PAT & QR? I don't know what else to do, I went over destroyer, and PAT is mostly impossible for me (I am pray I'll be able to pull an 18 on that one). The RC... I just took 1 test, and I ran out of time, I guessed 20 questions lol...

I am just worry if I push the exam, I'll begin to forget the sciences. I honestly don't know what to do.

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

On BC take the time to do 150 problems of each PAT section each day (its all the way on the bottom), it takes 2-3 hours but it is totally worth it.
For math, BC tests were enough in my opinion, keep practicing.
Keep doing RC tests, find a method that works for you. If you can't read fast enough, read more scientific american papers

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, thanks for helping in this stressful days. I am schedule to take the DAT in 1 week, I have 1 full week, & 2 weekends.
My scores so far are,

BC, 21BIO, 18-20GC, 19-21OG, 16QR, 16PAT, and 17RC....

I finished Destroyer & still have a few BC more to take. I am going over the ASC study guides to reinforce. I'll go over Destroyer again after I am done with the ASC. I am honestly freaking out, PAT & QR? I don't know what else to do, I went over destroyer, and PAT is mostly impossible for me (I am pray I'll be able to pull an 18 on that one). The RC... I just took 1 test, and I ran out of time, I guessed 20 questions lol...

I am just worry if I push the exam, I'll begin to forget the sciences. I honestly don't know what to do.

Thanks!!!
Your reading , pat and QR are a bit shaking and you can't afford to drop below those scores without risk of a retake. Message me and I will be happy to assess your situation and see what we can do to help.

Nancy

Your science scores are very good, but the other scores are lacking. You don't want that. You want everything to be 19-20.
I think if you take 2009, that would tell you if you are ready or not for sure (except for the QR section has some errors).

I am sure if you postpone for an extra 10 days, you'll be in a better shape. Purchase qvault( for extra practice so that way you won't forget the stuff because you will be practicing the science, RC, and QR, and pat). You can review your notes every weekend to keep the info stored in your mind.
focus on your weakness. Practice generator for pat every day for 2-3 hours. Do 1 test RC from Qvault everyday. (crack the dat RC and Pat are good too)

Get Gre workbook to solve some of the new questions. No seriously, BC is not enough for QR if your math is weak. You need more practice to get the scores higher.
If you have Math destroyer, you should do at least 10 tests from that book.

There is no race when it comes to getting a better grade. People will tell you to take the test early, but at the end of the day, I am sure if that were them, they wouldn't want 16 in pat and 16 in QR.

I would say on top of all that, keep on doing some questions from destroyers every day for the science, that way you won't forget anything.

So, yeah. Take your time and take the test when you are ready.

By the way, I am gonna do the ACS books too.

Best of luck!