Should I move up my DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DynamicDental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently scheduled to get the DAT about 4 weeks from today, but I am thinking about moving it up 7-10 days and want to get other opinions about this.

My current average BC scores (first tries) are:

Bio: 18-19
GC: 21-22
OC: 22
QR: 20
PAT: 21
RC: (Have not tried yet)

My goal is to score at least a 22. Please let me know if you think this is a good idea, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're averaging these scores with BC and you haven't even started studying yet then 4 weeks would be more than enough for you. Even though I haven't taken the DAT yet, but what I've heard from most people is that BC is usually harder than the real thing. That's just my $0.02.

I am currently scheduled to get the DAT about 4 weeks from today, but I am thinking about moving it up 7-10 days and want to get other opinions about this.

My goal is to score at least a 22. Please let me know if you think this is a good idea, thanks!
Your scores are fine and you have still have 4 WEEKS! Don't reschedule! You'll do fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you are fine. Good scores so far. Just focus on bio more and also try to see how much you score on RC!

This is a question that only you can answer. But I would like to see your 2009 ADA DAT scores. If those are 18 or better and you are feeling confident you are ready. Because of your post I sense you are not feeling confident and an extra 10 days can make all the difference in the world. We all have a intuition; listen to yours, it's usually right.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

Thank you all for responding!

Just as an update, I took my first BC RC test yesterday and got a 19. Don't know if that changes anything. But I do have a few follow-up questions.

I am also just a little curious on how I should interpret BC scores, especially in the Chemistry sections because I'll get like 2 wrong and only get a 22. I am assuming it is based off of percentiles. While studying with BC, should I focus more on the subject matter and where I went wrong than worry about my scores? This might seem like a dumb question though, but I am curious.

My other question is how similar is BC to the actual DAT and in what way? Like are they solely formatted the same? Do they ask similar questions? Same topics? Does it feel like taking a BC test? etc.

And finally, when should I take the 2009 ADA DAT exam. 1 week out? 2 weeks? or now?

Thanks again!