Should I go to 2nd look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berkely10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is my dilemma, I have been accepted to both Penn and Michigan so far and have been waitlisted at Stanford and UCSF. As far as I have been told, both schools have a good amount of waitlist movement.

As I am a california resident and would love to stay here close to family I am hoping to go to one of my waitlist schools. That combined with the significant reduction in Debt I would have going to a Cal school makes it pretty clear to me that I would go to Stanford or UCSF over my other acceptances.

Thus, is it worth it going to the SLW for Penn and Michigan if I am committed to going to a Cali school if I get in? Money is getting tight and I would hate the idea of paying $700 per trip and then going to neither.

Members don't see this ad.

It seems as thought you already know the answer to this question (No). That being said, do you know which you would choose if you did not get into either of those CA schools? If not, then it may be worth going.

It seems as thought you already know the answer to this question (No). That being said, do you know which you would choose if you did not get into either of those CA schools? If not, then it may be worth going.

Well said

So here is my dilemma, I have been accepted to both Penn and Michigan so far and have been waitlisted at Stanford and UCSF. As far as I have been told, both schools have a good amount of waitlist movement.

As I am a california resident and would love to stay here close to family I am hoping to go to one of my waitlist schools. That combined with the significant reduction in Debt I would have going to a Cal school makes it pretty clear to me that I would go to Stanford or UCSF over my other acceptances.

Thus, is it worth it going to the SLW for Penn and Michigan if I am committed to going to a Cali school if I get in? Money is getting tight and I would hate the idea of paying $700 per trip and then going to neither.

Only take the trip if you need it to decide between penn and Michigan.

I'd be willing to bet that Stanford and UCSF have very high yield rates, so I would act based on the assumption that the waitlist movement wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.