should I go back to school for optometry ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocolate__shoulders24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm currently thinking of what I want to do with the rest of my life, I'm 23 years old, I'm an optical technician at Costco, and tbh I considering going back to school to become at optometrist, I have my ABO & NCLE so I feel I have a very basic concept in the optical field , but I will be basically starting from scratch, I only have like a semester of community college under my belt that I took when I was 19, & I would still like to keep my full time hours at Costco as an optician while I go to school. Kinda figure I'll be done with school by the time I'm like 35, 36 maybe, is that too late?? This is all really new to me , so any help? Please? lol how's med school like, will I be able to shuffle a full time job with that, do you recommend it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm currently thinking of what I want to do with the rest of my life, I'm 23 years old, I'm an optical technician at Costco, and tbh I considering going back to school to become at optometrist, I have my ABO & NCLE so I feel I have a very basic concept in the optical field , but I will be basically starting from scratch, I only have like a semester of community college under my belt that I took when I was 19, & I would still like to keep my full time hours at Costco as an optician while I go to school. Kinda figure I'll be done with school by the time I'm like 35, 36 maybe, is that too late?? This is all really new to me , so any help? Please? lol how's med school like, will I be able to shuffle a full time job with that, do you recommend it? Thanks!
You might want to try this question in the pre-optometry forum. This is the pre-med forum (for DO and MD).
Best of luck with whatever you decide though!

Pre-Optometry