Going back undergrad after dismissal - help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramos Fr

Reaction score
I was academically dismissed from a UC in 2010. I recently took some required classes for me to being readmitted to the UC. My current GPA is 2.19 (about 56 credits already). My question is do I keep finishing my degree as fast as possible while getting 4.0 for remaining units (would put me around 2.8) and then pursue some postbacc to get into med school - or should I try and get as many science units at 4.0 while finishing my degree (take random science courses and try to get above 3.0 - I just dont think I have enough science classes I can take at this point)? thank you in advance and I apologize if this was a poorly worded question!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for this! As someone working full time I won’t be able to have research so I think I should concentrate on accumulating as high gpa as I can in the next couple years as I stall out my graduation + start volunteering. Hopefully, CA MD/DO schools will value the units (at least 60) that I have taken since being readmitted over the ones from 2008-2010. Seems I’ll need a 510+ mcat with a gpa in 3.0-3.4 range.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for this! As someone working full time I won’t be able to have research so I think I should concentrate on accumulating as high gpa as I can in the next couple years as I stall out my graduation + start volunteering. Hopefully, CA MD/DO schools will value the units (at least 60) that I have taken since being readmitted over the ones from 2008-2010. Seems I’ll need a 510+ mcat with a gpa in 3.0-3.4 range.
You won't need research, especially not for DO schools

Reactions: 1 user