Should I drop Anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maya5809

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently pregnant and took anatomy at the wrong time. I diagnosis with gestational diabetes and anemic which really affected my ability to focus. I feel depress because I usually do well in all my biology class. This pregnancy is making my brain feel brain dead in my second pregnancy trimester. I'm passing the class with a C and could rise it to a B since my second pregnancy trimester ended. I am debating if I should drop anatomy with a W since I really want a A for anatomy.

Members don't see this ad.

Finish the class if you can make a B, save a W for emergency or failing grades. Your classes will only get harder. Also enroll immediately in English 101.

Edit: just realized you asked this exact question 5 days ago and got an answer...I thought it sounded familiar

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Drop it if you can't get higher than a B. It doesn't help much for MCAT and Med school will ram it down your throat in M1.

Drop it if you can't get higher than a B. It doesn't help much for MCAT and Med school will ram it down your throat in M1.

Do you still think she should withdraw despite having all A's in her previous sciences? (This is essentially a duplicate post and in the previous one she elaborated regarding her other grades) To me it seems more weird to withdraw for a B rather than accept the grade and credits. Retaking may result in the same B except then the transcript says W/B.

Maybe @Goro has some insight here from the adcom perspective?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

If your health is an issue, drop the course. If you think that you can make a B, take the B. Contrary to pre-med delusions, a B will not keep you out of medical school.

I'm currently pregnant and took anatomy at the wrong time. I diagnosis with gestational diabetes and anemic which really affected my ability to focus. I feel depress because I usually do well in all my biology class. This pregnancy is making my brain feel brain dead in my second pregnancy trimester. I'm passing the class with a C and could rise it to a B since my second pregnancy trimester ended. I am debating if I should drop anatomy with a W since I really want a A for anatomy.

Reactions: 1 users
If your health is an issue, drop the course. If you think that you can make a B, take the B. Contrary to pre-med delusions, a B will not keep you out of medical school.
Agreed.

Yes! Drop and quit premed at the same time! Save yourself the trouble!