Should I drive 7 hours for a 2yr HPSP interview during busy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Garett24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am swamped with projects and quizzed right now and go to uofl. My recruiter says I can get a 1:00 pm interview this Thursday but I really need to stay in lab so faculty can help me (I am struggling). I also have a quiz that day which is little and I guess I could reschedule. I don't know my recruiter said I couldn't Skype and it just seems stupid and unfair for me to have to do this. Classes super hard right now. I am losing motivation to go. I didn't get 3 year Army, 3 year AF, or 3 year NHSC. Should I spend a whole day of my life for this position?

Edit: this is with the Air Force and the only base is in St Louis. Thats 3 and a half hours from Louisville
Thanks,

G

Members don't see this ad.

I am swamped with projects and quizzed right now and go to uofl. My recruiter says I can get a 1:00 pm interview this Thursday but I really need to stay in lab so faculty can help me (I am struggling). I also have a quiz that day which is little and I guess I could reschedule. I don't know my recruiter said I couldn't Skype and it just seems stupid and unfair for me to have to do this. Classes super hard right now. I am losing motivation to go. I didn't get 3 year Army, 3 year AF, or 3 year NHSC. Should I spend a whole day of my life for this position?

Edit: this is with the Air Force and the only base is in St Louis. Thats 3 and a half hours from Louisville
Thanks,

Judging from your old post I think you should do it. You never know unless you try.
G

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually, recruiters will come to you.

You could ask them to come to you or to at least meet you somewhere in between.

You getting accepted to the scholarship is important to them as it is important for you.

it just seems stupid and unfair for me to have to do this. Classes super hard right now. I am losing motivation to go. I didn't get 3 year Army, 3 year AF, or 3 year NHSC. Should I spend a whole day of my life for this position?

The overall tone of your missive speaks volumes toward your question. While you are considering competing for the scholarship (it is a competitive scholarship not a give-me especially for a two year), it is too big an imposition to put forth any more effort than you already have. I think you know the answer.

Reactions: 1 user
I am going to go. Chances are slim, 4th time is the charm.

Reactions: 2 users
I am going to go. Chances are slim, 4th time is the charm.

Glad you decided to go for it.

Also, as a word of encouragement: I'm on the Air Force scholarship and it took A LOT of persistence to get through the application process (as in eight months minimum, and I had numerous setbacks in my application), but let me just tell you - I am so glad I stuck with it and I thank my stars that I'm on it everyday. It is completely worth it. You will not regret having it and you will be happy you put in the effort, believe me.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users