General Admissions & OTCAS Should I be worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOTMax

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I’m applying to a mix of OTD and MSOT programs in the Philadelphia area…. So far I have heard back from most programs to say that my application was under review (Stockton, Jefferson, Widener, Salus), who all emailed me around the week of 11/18 to tell me my application was under review and to wait for an email regarding a decision. I am nervous, however, because within 3 days of receiving an email like this from Salus’ MSOT program they had reached out to schedule an interview. Did anyone else have a similar experience? Do y’all think I should reach out to the schools for an update? Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

I applied to all of the same programs. However, for most of them (besides Salus , who was extremely quick) , it took 2-4 weeks after the reviewing began to ask for interviews. Jefferson does not interview and will just send an e-mail regarding your acceptance. I have not heard from Stockton either, but I believe on OTCAS it states that they will receive applications until January which I think means that we would here a little after then.

I would not be worried!

Good Luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

I actually applied to most of those programs too, but only MSOT not OTD. Salus was extremely quick for me. They offered me an interview the same day they received my application (I did apply very early in Sept.). Jefferson MSOT took about a month to get back to me and offer an interview but Stockton won’t begin sending out invitations until sometime in January to interview in February. I think Jefferson may take a little longer since they are a pretty competitive program and probably get a lot of applicants. Stockton doesn’t even begin reviewing applications until the deadline to apply has passed which was 11/18 and I believe they won’t start sending out interviews until everyone has been reviewed. At this point, I wouldn’t be worried. It’s just a long waiting game, unfortunately.

The difference in speed may just have something to do with how they process applications. I know when I interviewed at Salus they told me the department only reviews applications and makes decisions every other Friday. I was offered the interview quickly but most likely because I met certain numerical stats and not because of an individual review. Jefferson and Stockton probably have a different process to offer interviews that take longer. Especially since Stockton does not have rolling admissions.

Reactions: 1 user