Shots WW Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you trying to induce preterm labor with the stress of hiding my wolfiness from WZ, AM, and Mel??? No thanks
Pre-game innocent child claim with a NK avoidance?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is madness, if I replied to every person pronouncing things wrong then I'd add another two pages like the ones that magically appeared today

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is madness, if I replied to every person pronouncing things wrong then I'd add another two pages like the ones that magically appeared today
It's not wrong, you just live on the other side of the pin-pen line.
interesting reading if you happen to be a closet linguistics nerd.

the only person who is wrong is that one coworker i had years ago who somehow managed to get egg and bag to rhyme by pronouncing them ayg and bayg.

Edit to make it game sign-up relevant: yes, this is what I'm like when i've had a few shots.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

the only person who is wrong is that one coworker i had years ago who somehow managed to get egg and bag to rhyme by pronouncing them ayg and bayg.

Edit to make it game sign-up relevant: yes, this is what I'm like when i've had a few shots.

I can see ayg, but bayg is an atrocity.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright Lawpy, you have until I get up tomorrow to get liking. I'm currently on a small break and will only cancel that for the Sketch Mason Trifecta which you have the power to create.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Finally had the time to read this through and
Ace Linguist said:
The most important thing to notice about the pin-pen merger is that it only happens before nasals. This means that "pit" and "pet" are unaffected by the merger. Only "n" and "m" are really affected, since there are not many words ending in "eng".
I feel so seen.

Happy birthday gengen which rhymes with pen!

• Love
Okay but some of those sound like jinny and some of those sound like jenny so I'm still just as confused
Also I don’t understand if genny means the proper way to say it is the southern way or if she means it rhymes with whinny when said with that vowel merger :( I still don’t know how to say genny

• Care
Wait now I get how you were reading bayg (like “bay” plus a g), and I don’t pronounce it like that, but it is a diphthong of bah-yg

Edit: And egg is a diphthong of eh-yg

I just say "bag." lol. like the sheep, baaa-g. I always think your salamander is eating dried banana chips lol
I have truly no idea how to interpret this sentence

• Haha
  • Love
Well Im going for thanksgiving stuffs. I guess if we have 8 we can run although we can keep trying to get some more players.. Will try to get roles out late and start sometime tomorrow

• Care
We ride again!

1. Cray (Wed normal cycle start)
2. Bob (ditto)
3. Genny (Wednesday)
4. @Lawpy
5. Zenge142 (Wednesday)
6. MsP
7. Dubz - no preference on start date
8. April
11. Mel