USMLE Short-Long Term Study Plan for Step 2CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ru4real1666

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've done research on the topic but am in kind of an unusual situation. I'm currently taking a year off doing some research. My research schedule is pretty busy (usually 6am-6pm most days with 6am-1pm on weekends when there are submission deadlines for abstracts/manuscripts around the corner).

My dilemma: I will need to take the Step 2CK during this year off. Luckily, I have 3 months without any deadlines. Unluckily, I can't realistically put in more than 2 hours a day because of my research schedule. I am about a year from clerkships so I don't remember anything.

I know most people do just as well (if not slightly better) on the Step 2CK as their Step 1 score. I know UW and UptoDate along with a combination of MTB is probably the way to go.

My question: Should I bother with USMLERx or just buy UW for an extender period? Anyone been in a situation like this whether they had to spread out studying over a couple of months? Anyone have any advice for a long(er) study plan? I'm scared I'll forget everything I learned in the beginning of the period by the time the end of the study period rolls around.

Appreciate the advice. Thanks again for the help!

Members don't see this ad.