Shoe recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1058816

I am currently wearing Ons but they are getting old and I want to get a replacement, for everyday use. I am open to On, or another brand. Ideally something with ample cushioning and support for overpronation...

Any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Red bottoms

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pete's white shoes

Sketcher memory foam slides

• Haha
Sketchers, particularly the ones where the insole cannot be removed

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Brooks GTS anything....launch, adrenaline, glycerin

Opinions on Altras? I don’t know much about them personally but have been hearing good things

Opinions on Altras? I don’t know much about them personally but have been hearing good things
I like them. Wide forefoot with square toe. Doesn’t taper like ASICS or Brooks. Forefoot not as stiff as Hoka/keens so not as great for limitus pain.

Reactions: 1 user
Brooks Beast is pretty much the gold standard for pronation or bigger runners, but you prob don't have to go that high on the bell curve.
Brooks GTS Adrenaline or Glycerine should be fine too unless you're really big or low arch.

Hoka are fine, but you can get better shoes for less money... I think half of their appeal is just that they make the person a bit taller with the big styrofoam block (at tradeoff of more sprained ankles, just like now defunct Sketchers ShapeUp). Short ppl sure love them, lol. They are fine enough, but you basically spend $200 for what Asics gives you for half that price and with better eva midsole and overall materials. For the Hoka price range, Brooks are much superior shoes (and still a bit cheaper). Hoka would be questionable as $100 shoes... very questionable as $160-$200 shoes, but that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

It's basically dealer's choice between the good models from better brands for running shoes... Asics, Brooks, Saucony, NB, Altra, most Mizuno. At the end of the day, they'll all have some support and be compatible with insoles or orthotics. All brands have good and not-so-good models. Read on their website and pick what you like... for pronation, you want "motion control" and "stability" type models... sometimes "anti-pronation." NB have slipped a bit in terms of materials, but they have better style/colors now... and they are among the cheapest of the good brands and available in wide widths.

...For shoes that actually look good (date/evening/meetings), that depends what you want and your personal style.
Allen Edmonds are nice and very well made... but pretty spendy. They will last a lifetime if reasonably cared for, and they can be re-soled. Stacy Adams look great but fall apart. I usually just wear Js or Puma or AF1s or Stacy Adams or whatever... not good for wearing all day, but look light years better then running shoes at a party or bar. Watch the Air movie if you haven't already... shoes are a fashion and culture thing as much as funcational. Just sayin.

Get yourself a good orthotic man, you are a podiatrist. ...
He's a pre med or MS.

Last edited:
Also bros you realize you are getting 40 percent off on brooks via the ambassadorship program? I get a new pair monthly

Also bros you realize you are getting 40 percent off on brooks via the ambassadorship program? I get a new pair monthly
hairy austin powers GIF

Members don't see this ad :)
Also bros you realize you are getting 40 percent off on brooks via the ambassadorship program? I get a new pair monthl
You can also get 40% off Asics with no limit per year. I think the only stipulation is you can use it 2 times per month

You can also get 40% off Asics with no limit per year. I think the only stipulation is you can use it 2 times per month
Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

2 orders per month x 12 months per year = 24 orders

• Haha
Can you resell them in clinic for full price?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
How do you do that? ... on their website, they just have 30% off with one-time codes for HCWs.

So if you go here, there is a link to prove you’re a medical professional. They just have dropped the percentage from 40% down to 30%. Each time you want to buy something, you just go to this link, prove your identity and they will send you the discount code that you copy and paste into the “promo code” box in your cart.

The code itself is one time use, however, you can buy up to 5 full priced items per order, and you can get 2 codes per month to use.

So if you go here, there is a link to prove you’re a medical professional. They just have dropped the percentage from 40% down to 30%. Each time you want to buy something, you just go to this link, prove your identity and they will send you the discount code that you copy and paste into the “promo code” box in your cart.

The code itself is one time use, however, you can buy up to 5 full priced items per order, and you can get 2 codes per month to use.

You have to choose ‘other health worker’ because ASICS does not consider DPMs to be doctors, only MD/DO.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users