"Sharing" QBank? Is it possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

automan

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Another qbank question:

I would like to get qbank, however, I have qbook, lange Q and A, First Aid Q and A, and Robbins Review books which total over 4000 questions. I also have an old version of qbank 2006 in ppt format (I think there are almost 2000 questions, but it is kind of a pain in the arse to flip though the slides and it it broken down into subjects, ie: i can't do random 50 question sets, and it doesn't come with any way to track my progress)

I am right about mid pack in my classes right now, so I would really love to stomp this test. I am pretty sure I have the ability, I just need to stop screwing around and get down to business.

I have two questions:

1.) Should I even bother with Qbank? Is my 4000 questions enough?

2.) Do people ever "share" a qbank? I am sure this has been asked before in some fashion. How strict is Kaplan when it comes to sharing.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

2.) Do people ever "share" a qbank? I am sure this has been asked before in some fashion. How strict is Kaplan when it comes to sharing.
I think Qbank only allows one person to be accessing the account at a time. Unless you and your partner use Qbank during different times of the day, it wouldn't work.

2.) Do people ever "share" a qbank?

I too wondered about this. Could they track your IP address? I would guess that embedded *somewhere* in the registration process you have to agree not to share.

I too wondered about this. Could they track your IP address? I would guess that embedded *somewhere* in the registration process you have to agree not to share.

I thought about sharing qbank with a friend, and I'm sure you could get away with it, but in the end, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of making sure you didn't try to use it at the same time (just imagine trying to work that out when you're both stressed beyond belief a week before boards)...not to mention that if someone else is using it you won't be able to use the flag features or to re-take sets of questions you got wrong, because qbank can't differentiate what you got wrong vs. what the other guy got wrong.

Plus, I'm 120K in debt right now. I'll be about 250k in debt when I graduate. Sure, qbank is expensive, but 250k + $300= 250K.

Members don't see this ad :)
To answer your first question: Q bank or Usmleworld is definitely worth the money. If nothing else, you get to practice questions on the computer. The format is very similar to the real thing.

Your second question: I did share Q bank with someone for Step 2. It wasn't as stressful as Step 1 so I wasn't worried about trying to do questions at the same time as my friend.