Shadowing???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoraff

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello...
I live in southern California and I have no idea how to gain a shadowing opportunity.....anybody care to help???
should I just call an office and ask some random DPM ,that I dont even know if I could follow him or her around for a day????
Also, what is a day of shadowing usually like ??? will I be getting drilled with challenging questions??? or just kinda observing and asking questions as I feel the need to ???? well thanks in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

sosoraff said:
Hello...
I live in southern California and I have no idea how to gain a shadowing opportunity.....anybody care to help???
should I just call an office and ask some random DPM ,that I dont even know if I could follow him or her around for a day????
Also, what is a day of shadowing usually like ??? will I be getting drilled with challenging questions??? or just kinda observing and asking questions as I feel the need to ???? well thanks in advance for your help.

You can go to www.aacpm.org and check the DPM Mentor network. There might be a podiatrist in your area that is signed up to help. IF there is not, you can just call up random practices and ask to shadow. Most pods are pretty cool.

Shadowing is usually just that you are the doctors shadow. They see a patient and you watch from the corner of the room. Some pods might pimp you (ask you questions) usually you ask them questions about school, residency and practicing.

First thing I would do is go to the AACPM website.

If there is no one on the aacpm website in you area try calling any of the schools that you'd want to go to and ask to shaddow an alumni in your area.

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked my family doc who he refers to and cold called the guy. He was more than happy to let me spend some time with him and I learned a lot.

wow....
thanks everyone for all your help...
ill be sure to contact some pods tomorrow...