Shadowing PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted259194

I would like to shawdow a PT but do know how to approach this. Can anyone give me some tips or pointer on how to shadow a PT? thank you very much and have a nice day.

Members don't see this ad.

The way I shadowed PTs was simply cold calling. I googled physical therapists in my area and called them all one by one and explained that I was a college student interested in becoming a PT and would like to gain some experience by shadowing a PT. It is as simple as that. I was offered opportunities by each and every person I called, AND I got recommendation letters from all of them too! Make sure you shadow different settings so you get a good feel of the different forms of therapy.

I'm attending NSU in June for DPT :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually walked into each PT facility and asked the PT directly. They were all more than welcome to let me shadow, and I as well got some great recommendation letters from them.

I think it's a pretty standard procedure and pretty simple. As alluded to in the above posts, best way is to ask. Send an e-mail, phone call or just walk right in. I'm in the process of finding a PT clinic to get some hours in over this summer and I must have e-mailed about 8 places today with a cover letter and attached resume. Case in point, contact them and explain your situation. You'll find somewhere. :thumbup: