SGU msap vs Ross vs AUC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Se7enYears

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was accepted into Ross and AUC for medical school and MSAP for SGU. From all of my research, I was told that SGU gives the better support than the other two schools. Could I please get some opinions on which school would be better and why? I do like AUC for their small class size but still people told me that SGU is more favorable. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have sGPA ~ 2.8 and cGPA ~ 3.2 1st MCAT = 484 2nd MCAT 492

Volunteering: 76 hours of hospital volunteer
54 hours of food bank

tons of extracurricular activities: i.e. collegiate sports, etc

OP I looked at your post history and found this that you posted in the WAMC thread. I am posting this because it is relevant for people to give you advice on your situation.

I hope you don’t get offended (it’s 2017 so who knows), but your academic record shows no evidence that you will be able to handle medical school. I do not want to p*ss on your dreams, but you are the exact candidate that these schools prey on. You need to take an objective look at yourself and realize that this probably not worth the financial risk you are about to take. Medical School is challenging: mentally, physically and emotionally. Even for students with exceptional academic records and schools with amazing support systems in place, medical school is a grind and takes it’s toll on people. You do not have the academic history or the right situation (Carib medical school) to warrant taking this risk.

I would consider finding another career path that you would find enjoyable, possibly PhD, nursing, or some other health care field (heck, even a non healthcare field).

Good luck on whatever you decide but I would urge you to take a real, objective look at yor situation and do not take some naive “leap-of-faith” that has a high probability of costing you hundreds of thousands of dollars and years of your life with nothing to show for it.

Edit: Please read this before making any decisions Million $ Mistake

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
OP I looked at your post history and found this that you posted in the WAMC thread. I am posting this because it is relevant for people to give you advice on your situation.

I hope you don’t get offended (it’s 2017 so who knows), but your academic record shows no evidence that you will be able to handle medical school. I do not want to p*ss on your dreams, but you are the exact candidate that these schools prey on. You need to take an objective look at yourself and realize that this probably not worth the financial risk you are about to take. Medical School is challenging: mentally, physically and emotionally. Even for students with exceptional academic records and schools with amazing support systems in place, medical school is a grind and takes it’s toll on people. You do not have the academic history or the right situation (Carib medical school) to warrant taking this risk.

I would consider finding another career path that you would find enjoyable, possibly PhD, nursing, or some other health care field (heck, even a non healthcare field).

Good luck on whatever you decide but I would urge you to take a real, objective look at yor situation and do not take some naive “leap-of-faith”

Edit: Please read this before making any decisions Million $ Mistake
This.

Members don't see this ad :)
“....vs finding a new passion”

That one. I pick that one.

With your current stats I dont think you should entertain going to the caribbean.
But if I were to choose, do MSAP. Its free and if you make it through youll be in good shape at SGU. If you dont make it through MSAP, that will be indication that medicine is not for you and you probably wont make it through SGU.

- Huncho

Thank you all for responding! I appreciate the feedback with your honest responses including youngdoc25.