SGU London INTO program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

londonbound

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys I know this feed has most likely been started before but I wanted to get current medical students and any residences thoughts on St. Georges University Medical school in London. I got in through their INTO program and I had a couple of questions.

The first goes out to those who are or have participated in PBL curriculum. since they participate heavily in the PBL curriculum I am worried about a blind leading the blind situation, or since it is mainly self motivated in the study department, not knowing if you've studied the correct material in enough detail to do well on the old ball and chain (step 1 and 2) since there are not really "normal" lectures (histo, A&P, biochem etc) in this style of learning. Those who are or have participated in PBL is there a rough outline of what to study or did yall go about your studies by a trial and error type method. I come from a very lecture based undergraduate program where you are told this what you need to know and am concerned that might be lacking in a PBL curriculum.

The second is for residences. in yall's residency placements have you come in contact with anyone from SGU London? I know each residency specialty has their own trials and tribulations and no matter what the program is they are incredibly difficult to get into but if you have come into contact with someone from there did they seem on par with the other residence? I know that question sounds elitist but it stems from my previous question and my worry that they are trying to dazzle prospective students by stating you start clinics after the second week and don't build a good solid clinical science foundation, which most likely will lead to not so great step 1 scores.

any thoughts on these two questions, or thoughts on St. Georges in London in general would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users