Sexual Harassment on rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend was physically threatened by his preceptor but he sucked it up and only reported it after the rotation was over. Physically threatened as in, the preceptor placed my friend's hand on the table and slammed a hammer down just inches from it.

Please tell the whole story. I’m so curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone isn't very amicable.

Yes, this is sexual harassment by workplace definition. It is not a particularly extreme example, but it still is. OP needs to communicate effectively that the attention is unwelcome. Preceptor or coordinator is contacted if he does not stop.

EEOC:
Sexual Harassment
It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.

It is mild, relatively speaking. No one is suggesting he get arrested. But OP has a right to learn/work in an environment without feeling this kind of discomfort.

I wish I was surprised by some of the comments here, but after the racism/politics etc thread I'm really not.

Reactions: 1 user
I am inclined to agree. I think there is also an element of “I have seen/endured much worse then this therefor it doesn’t count” thrown in for good measure.

I am enjoying all the comments about how he must not be attractive. As if his apparnece is the issue here, LMAO
Think his appearance comes into play as to how the poster reacts to his comments. Personal example in regards to the "slim comment". On my rotation a rph asked me how I stay so thin eating Mcdonalds for breakfast. Should I take offence that the guy was noticing I was thin. All comments are in context and if its a much older man talking to a much younger women it can come off "creepy" versus two people at the same age.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here is a solution to your white coat problem: leave the white coat at the pharmacy. If you don’t take it home with you then search is no longer needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
I cannot believe the number of people in this thread that do not think this is sexual harassment. Have none of y’all ever had to do sexual harassment training? Now the ‘staring’ might be too subjective to be sexual harassment (he does have to supervise her after all) and the coat thing is correct policy so that is fine. But making multiple unwanted remarks on physical appearance? That totally fits every sexual harassment definition I have ever heard.

Just curious: for the people who think that isn’t sexual harassment, what would be?
How is the harasser supposed to know they are unwanted remarks if you don't state it verbally? if you think this is harassment, then every guy who ever flirted should be in jail.

Someone isn't very amicable.

Yes, this is sexual harassment by workplace definition. It is not a particularly extreme example, but it still is. OP needs to communicate effectively that the attention is unwelcome. Preceptor or coordinator is contacted if he does not stop.

EEOC:

It is mild, relatively speaking. No one is suggesting he get arrested. But OP has a right to learn/work in an environment without feeling this kind of discomfort.

I wish I was surprised by some of the comments here, but after the racism/politics etc thread I'm really not.
You left out 2-3 last paragraph that matters. What you quote doesn't describe this rph. Nice try trying to fool anyone here.

You left out 2-3 last paragraph that matters. What you quote doesn't describe this rph. Nice try trying to fool anyone here.
Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.

Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.

There, happy? It is frequent enough that OP feels the need to ask for advice here, and uncertain because the person in question is in a position of authority over her, so she could be affected. Per the guidelines below, it's on her and the employer to prevent potential escalation.

More:
Questions and Answers for Small Employers on Employer Liability for Harassment By Supervisors
Facts About Sexual Harassment

How is the harasser supposed to know they are unwanted remarks if you don't state it verbally? if you think this is harassment, then every guy who ever flirted should be in jail.

You are delusional if you equate any man flirting with any woman with a supervisor hitting on a subordinate. Do you really think those things are the same? You are also engaging in the age old tradition of blaming the victim. Why should the student have to tell anyone not to comment on their appearance? The pharmacist could simply assume that the student doesn't want to be harassed rather than assuming that she does until she says otherwise.

Please explain to me how it is ever appropriate for someone in authority to comment on their subordinates physical appearance or to hit on them.

Reactions: 5 users
I cannot believe the number of people in this thread that do not think this is sexual harassment. Have none of y’all ever had to do sexual harassment training? Now the ‘staring’ might be too subjective to be sexual harassment (he does have to supervise her after all) and the coat thing is correct policy so that is fine. But making multiple unwanted remarks on physical appearance? That totally fits every sexual harassment definition I have ever heard.

Just curious: for the people who think that isn’t sexual harassment, what would be?
Sexual harassment: “You have a great body.”

Not sexual harassment: “You look nice today.”

Reactions: 4 users
Don’t worry BibleGirl. If it’s legitimate harassment, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Some serious snowflake mentality on the OP.

Reactions: 4 users
Here is a solution to your white coat problem: leave the white coat at the pharmacy. If you don’t take it home with you then search is no longer needed.

She has a problem with taking off her white coat, not being searched. Your solution doesn't work lol.

You are delusional if you equate any man flirting with any woman with a supervisor hitting on a subordinate. Do you really think those things are the same? You are also engaging in the age old tradition of blaming the victim. Why should the student have to tell anyone not to comment on their appearance? The pharmacist could simply assume that the student doesn't want to be harassed rather than assuming that she does until she says otherwise.

Please explain to me how it is ever appropriate for someone in authority to comment on their subordinates physical appearance or to hit on them.
Maybe after gastric bypass and they lost weight. Beating cancer and gaining weight and hair back. Personally I dont get involved in their lives...don't care enough...

Members don't see this ad :)
Muh jail.

I'm going to add, "workplace policy / etiquette and criminal law are not the same thing" to my sig.

EDIT:

I think I'm starting to understand some of the male angst on here.
Nonverbal communication is real.
It should be obvious within the first 10 seconds of interaction with someone whether or not they would receptive to flirtation. Wow.

Why beat around the bush with the ‘assumption’ game when you can just be verbal, and that would be the end of it. You’re making it more complicated than it needs to be. By all accounts, we only have her side of the story and according to what she has said, OP is by no means a victim of anything other than flirting. Also, telling someone ‘they look good today’ is commenting on their physical appearance? What kind of snowflake mentality is that? That comment is perfectly appropriate.

I’ve told fellow pharmacists/techs they looked good... sometimes I’ll even throw in a “wooooh, look at you being all fancy today”. Sue me.

At least I didn’t make them cry!

Reactions: 5 users
Why beat around the bush with the ‘assumption’ game when you can just be verbal, and that would be the end of it. You’re making it more complicated than it needs to be. By all accounts, we only have her side of the story and according to what she has said, OP is by no means a victim of anything other than flirting. Also, telling someone ‘they look good today’ is commenting on their physical appearance? What kind of snowflake mentality is that? That comment is perfectly appropriate.

Well good employees and leaders adjust their communication style to the others on the team. And what is appropriate is not just what the sender of the message says is, but the receiver as well. Its common sense. Unless you know someone very well, keep it very vanilla and when you do know someone there are still limits.

During my experience in pharmacy I have seen the following. 1. In the pharmacy, in front of a female pharmacist, a technician unbuttoned and unzipped her jeans to show me her tattoo in her pelvic region. Her panties were in full view. She did not have to say anything, I knew what she was communicating. Inappropriate absolutely, unwelcomed by me no. I didn't complain. 2. In my office, in front of a female pharmacist, a female clerk reached over my desk and grabbed my penis. Inappropriate absolutely, unwelcomed by me no. Both incidents took me by surprise and were initiated only by the tech and clerk. They may have been unwelcomed by the witnesses.

On the other hand, in the pharmacy, in front of other staff, my boss, a women would come in on occasion and rub my forearm inappropriate yes,, unwelcomed by me absolutely.

Ah, are they actually sexual advances? Commenting on general appearance is not sexual harassment (commenting on body parts or in a sexual way is). White coat patdowns can be done by management, and you can ask for someone else in management or another tech or pharmacist to do so observed (and in private if you're uncomfortable with the pharmacist). By the way, being singled out for the policy enforcement is workplace harassment (if he isn't a subject of it himself or anyone else, it's harassment but not the sexual kind). Staring is sexual harassment if he's been told that it's uncomfortable. But that's a point, you actually have to say it's unwanted when it happens (and get it witnessed). It's not that it isn't creepy or uncomfortable, I believe you, but you have to signal that the attention is unwanted.

About the commenting on general appearance, if I can say it to either sex ("You look nice today" or "You've lost weight") as a general statement without a sexual implication, then it's not harassment. But a specific statement or a sexual implication, yeah, that is sexual harassment. As a personnel policy, I only comment on appearance if it's specifically against policy (where the hell is your ID, why do you have open toed shoes even though you're not in the sterile room, etc.). As for white coat and clothing searches, there are actually work environments that have that as part of the indignities, but the work environment should equally violate everyone (so I had to go to a VA mail order where there was variances left and right, we had to institute a full clothing search on everyone, including ourselves to make a point that no one is above the policy even though we were not anywhere near the safe keys).

Has to be said that it's unwanted, can't be thought in the case of the comments unless they are blatantly sexual and there is a witness or on camera. "I'd love to introduce you to the Backstrom super salami after shift' would be such as it conveys a clear sexual intent. The general appearance comments may or may not be at that standard ("You look good" is not at that standard, that's actually a counterexample of not being one unless followed up with something else. The weight comment is in context. The staring actually if observed (works if it's on camera too) is sexual harassment alone, no unwanted warning necessary.

The best thing to do in these cases is to talk with the actual preceptor and the experiential education coordinator, and this possibly gets you reassigned, but it is not a problem to do.

Unfortunately, this is where it kind of sucks to be a woman. I make this comment because women have special difficulties working in the VA as our patient population isn't exactly advanced in women's rights (you ought to remember that it's only in this decade that the DoD authorized birth control as a standard formulary item and used to deny it for specious reasons).

I would just like to make a comment on the only thing that is not up to debate about what OP said, which is the pharmacist said she looked good today and that must be how she kept her figure... it could be the culture of her work environment, some of the places I've worked at make comments about others appearances all the time, like if someone gets a hair cut or used more makeup than usual... I've had techs commenting on how my haircut looked good and how I must workout looking at my arms...or a tech would tell another tech i love your shirt/earing/hair etc.... it's all in good fun (also doesn't ppl want others to notice if they put in extra effort on certain days lol I've had people tell me hey you didn't even notice my hair!)... I'm actually kind of surprised that there are so many people here would find these comments offensive

but it could also be how that pharmacist is saying it as well... we all know the tone of your voice can make a huge difference...

i also found it funny that someone said the pharmacist probably didn't win any awards in the looks department because it's so true, the better you look the less awkward you will seem to people lmao

If you are really uncomfortable with the situation, just talk to your coordinator... i assume you'll be uncomfortable talking to the pharmacist and the preceptor

Last edited:
2. Vast majority of people are fine with having their white coat searched if they have nothing to hide... again, half of the cvs have done it to me... don’t like it, quit and repeat the rotation.

I am surprised so many people don't see anything wrong with having their coat search. This seems quite demeaning (although not at all sexual), as well as pointless. I mean, unless they are searching the pockets on someone's pant or shirt, then what is the point on searching the pocket of the coat?

I also completely disagree with your statement, Stevey that "vast majority of people are fine with having their white coat searched if they have nothing to hide." We have a constitutional amendment against unwarranted searches for a reason. Now, I understand that CVS as a private business, can make that a requirement for employment....but that doesn't mean its right, and it certainly doesn't mean that pharmacists should welcome it gladly. Freedom is important, and those who don't realize it, invariably lose it.

A reasonable solution....although I don't know how long the white coat would stay white, if it were never taken home and washed.

As for the OP, it really is hard to say based on the limited information given. On one hand, I think "gut feelings" are important, and if her "gut feeling" is telling her something is wrong, something is probably wrong. On the other hand, I think it's possible that her inexperience with the workplace, may be leading her to feel like something is wrong, when nothing is.

OP,, given that you are only going to be there a short time, I would probably just keep quiet and say nothing. But only you can make that call. If you feel there is a problem that must be dealt with, I think talking to your rotation coordinator should be your first step, and see what they advise.

That staring can definitely be creepy, but as someone pointed out, maybe he was just staring because your preceptor asked him for feedback on your performance. Or maybe he wasn't sure if you know how to do something, so he was staring to see if you did it right.

As for him searching your white coat, does he also check other technicians coats? While it may be CVS policy, its clear that none of the other pharmacists are enforcing the policy, so maybe this pharmacist is just a stickler for the rules. Which is good and fine, as long as he is doing it equally. I would say possibly your store only enforces the white coat check for non-employees, but then the other pharmacists would be checking, just not him. So, while most people here seem that this was the least red flag, to me it might be the most red flag, if indeed he is treating you differently (it's not sexual harassment though, unless he is staring and ogling you after you take off your coat.

As for the comments, if he is saying you "look good" more than once a day, or if you are the only person he says that too, that is worrisome. Not necessarily sexual, but along with your other points, it possibly could be. People in a pharmacy spend 8 or more hours together, 4 - 5 days a week, so they often do get comfortable with each other and start talking to each other as family might. So this pharmacists comments may be completely appropriate in that pharmacy culture. So the question is, does everyone else in the pharmacy talk like this to each other, or is it just him talking to you like this?

I'd recommend thinking over all of this. Honestly ask yourself if it's possible you have misinterpreted some of the interactions with him. If you still feel like something is wrong, then go and talk with your preceptor. If you feel undecided, then I'd recommend going home and writing down anything that made you feel uncomfortable. This will help keep your feelings fresh in your mind, and after a few days or a week, you will probably have a better idea on whether or not you should talk to your preceptor.

I am surprised so many people don't see anything wrong with having their coat search. This seems quite demeaning (although not at all sexual), as well as pointless. I mean, unless they are searching the pockets on someone's pant or shirt, then what is the point on searching the pocket of the coat?

I also completely disagree with your statement, Stevey that "vast majority of people are fine with having their white coat searched if they have nothing to hide." We have a constitutional amendment against unwarranted searches for a reason. Now, I understand that CVS as a private business, can make that a requirement for employment....but that doesn't mean its right, and it certainly doesn't mean that pharmacists should welcome it gladly. Freedom is important, and those who don't realize it, invariably lose it.

A reasonable solution....although I don't know how long the white coat would stay white, if it were never taken home and washed.

As for the OP, it really is hard to say based on the limited information given. On one hand, I think "gut feelings" are important, and if her "gut feeling" is telling her something is wrong, something is probably wrong. On the other hand, I think it's possible that her inexperience with the workplace, may be leading her to feel like something is wrong, when nothing is.

OP,, given that you are only going to be there a short time, I would probably just keep quiet and say nothing. But only you can make that call. If you feel there is a problem that must be dealt with, I think talking to your rotation coordinator should be your first step, and see what they advise.

That staring can definitely be creepy, but as someone pointed out, maybe he was just staring because your preceptor asked him for feedback on your performance. Or maybe he wasn't sure if you know how to do something, so he was staring to see if you did it right.

As for him searching your white coat, does he also check other technicians coats? While it may be CVS policy, its clear that none of the other pharmacists are enforcing the policy, so maybe this pharmacist is just a stickler for the rules. Which is good and fine, as long as he is doing it equally. I would say possibly your store only enforces the white coat check for non-employees, but then the other pharmacists would be checking, just not him. So, while most people here seem that this was the least red flag, to me it might be the most red flag, if indeed he is treating you differently (it's not sexual harassment though, unless he is staring and ogling you after you take off your coat.

As for the comments, if he is saying you "look good" more than once a day, or if you are the only person he says that too, that is worrisome. Not necessarily sexual, but along with your other points, it possibly could be. People in a pharmacy spend 8 or more hours together, 4 - 5 days a week, so they often do get comfortable with each other and start talking to each other as family might. So this pharmacists comments may be completely appropriate in that pharmacy culture. So the question is, does everyone else in the pharmacy talk like this to each other, or is it just him talking to you like this?

I'd recommend thinking over all of this. Honestly ask yourself if it's possible you have misinterpreted some of the interactions with him. If you still feel like something is wrong, then go and talk with your preceptor. If you feel undecided, then I'd recommend going home and writing down anything that made you feel uncomfortable. This will help keep your feelings fresh in your mind, and after a few days or a week, you will probably have a better idea on whether or not you should talk to your preceptor.

I agree with everything that you said. The white coat search became a routine for me during my time as cvs. At first I did feel like I was being treated like a criminal or a thief . Later I found out that it is a policy that is enforced by certain stores. I needed a job, I wish that was the biggest complaint bout cvs, which unfortunately it is not.

I know that at Cvs you can be disciplined for not following policies. Each employee has varying comfort levels and interpretation of policies. I just got over it and I cant be mad at someone for doing what they think is their job. However, as others pointed out there is nothing sexual about it, according to her description and based on my experience from cvs, the search is not out of the norm. So, if she brings this up during her complaint, I think it does nothing to establish sexual harassment.

Unfortunately, being a female means learning how to deal with unwanted attention in the workplace. Many people advise verbally stating you're uncomfortable. Sure, it's SO EASY to do this to a fellow co-worker, but how many of you as students did this to your preceptors? Sometimes we forget everyone was a student, and had somebody who had the authority to fail them, once. Sure, with rigorous documentation I'm sure you can make a case for yourself if you were to be failed solely out of malice, but it's just more trouble than it's worth. What if the female student telling her preceptor she doesn't want his attention hurts his male ego so bad, he retaliates? Talks about her to fellow colleagues and ruin her future networking chances? I'm making the extreme case of assuming the worst, but it's within the possible realm... and like I said, it's too much of a hassle to tell people verbally, then have to think about where else to do another rotation with a few weeks already wasted.

It's much easier, just to remain professional; if you're a very friendly/cheery type of person, maybe tone it down a notch with this dude. Just be courteous but not friendly... No matter how dumb someone is, they WILL get the clue. By default at a new place, I'm always much friendlier / casual with female co-workers than I am with males, until I get to know them. Once I've established that they won't create awkward work situations, then I tend to relax more around them. Once I do get to know them, I really enjoy joking around with them as men's dark humor is great, but it takes time. BUT if I sense just a little bit of creepiness / unwanted attention, I would speak to that person in the most professional but emotionless manner possible. It makes your intention clear while preventing you from having to say things like, "Your comment makes me feel uncomfortable". That comment, in my mind, would create another world of awkwardness.

Last edited:

I obviously don’t know this guy and his intention.

He may only search her white coat because she is a “new” employee/intern. Trust has not been developed yet.

The truth is...preceptors are expected to monitor you 24/7. That is their responsibility. When you make a mistake, their license take a hit, not yours.

I have trained many pharmacists and I always keep a safe distance because I don’t want it to be misinterpreted by my co-workers. I also check on them frequently just in case They have any questions.

This male intern wanted to take me to lunch for training him. I was down with that. If the intern is a female then most likely I would only go with other people. This is just the sad reality that we live in nowadays.

This male intern wanted to take me to lunch for training him. I was down with that. If the intern is a female then most likely I would only go with other people. This is just the sad reality that we live in nowadays.

It sadly is. My male colleagues complain about it sometimes, but for the most part they just kind of accept it as the new thing. They hear us females talk about "the hot (male) nurse" and shake their head, saying if they were to say "the hot (female) nurse", someone will already have reported them to HR. In the good ole days, only females had to fend for themselves from unwanted attention. In the new era, while they will still have to deal with this cr*p, their male colleagues now have to watch for the sexual harassment lawsuit around every corner.

Sexual harassment would be to me:

-unwanted touching
-unwanted sexual comments ("I love your t*ts", "show me your t*ts real quick", sending unwanted d*ck pics, sending unwanted perverted text messages, "want to s*ck my c*ck?", "if you want to pass you should go on a date with me", brushing body physically against another persons repeatedly when there is enough room to not do so)

essentially what OP described is unfortunate creepy behavior but not explicit enough to constitute sexual harassment or sexual assault. If it were a more permanent situation I would consider doing something but she is only there fore 6 weeks so it's better not to make waves and just suck it up unless it gets more serious.

Last edited:
They hear us females talk about "the hot (male) nurse" and shake their head, saying if they were to say "the hot (female) nurse", someone will already have reported them to HR.
this is actually painfully true. but it doesn't really effect me because i essentially never make gender specific remarks at work. i don't see the point to. i have never felt the need to make remarks about people who work in the facility when i'm hanging with other males. i may check female co-workers out and think some stuff, but other than that i just keep it in the head. i think if OP is real then the preceptor in her post is playing with fire by being dumb/socially awkward

situations like this should never occur if you're a man. just keep quiet and do your work. don't comment on chicks, don't stare at chicks, don't touch chicks. just work. and when you're away from work that's when you can let it all out ;)

It's a crappy situation for everyone. Would you handle the situation differently if a female preceptor was doing the same thing to you?

You should talk with your university administration and ask them what their policy is on this type of situation. Let them know what's going on but make sure you don't lie; just tell the facts without any opinions. If you begin to incorporate your personal opinions when explaining the situation, you will undermine your credibility.

Another thing to consider is the area and state that you're in. If you're in a very conservative state, the response by your administration/university/store liaison will probably be different than if you brought this up in Hollywood or San Francisco.

If I told someone that he/she is fat. Would that be considered sexually harassment?

If I told someone that he/she is fat. Would that be considered sexually harassment?
I think that’s just regular harassment...unless you lick your lips vigorously afterwards.

Assuming that this is a real post from “biblegirl” lol. I can’t wait to see how she reacts to verbal abuse and dealing with actual harassment from customers. Lost count how many times I’ve been cussed out in retail and demeaned lol...

If I was a district manager who learns about these accusations and facts at hand, I don’t think I’d want OP as my employee. You can disagree with me, but it’s just something wrong with our society where things like this are perceived as sexual harassment and someone can get fired for doing what he did.

I’d like to hear more opinions from women of this board
I’m a woman and I agree with you. It’s ridiculous to call it sexual harassment.

At my workplace, heterosexual people of the same gender comment on each other’s lunches all the time. They talk about various diets and shakes that people are on, and say that they’ve noticed someone has lost weight, etc. No one thinks it’s sexual harassment. Sometimes people of the opposite gender will join in the conversation, too.

If certain comments are unwelcome, people need to speak up.

There was a guy I worked with who would constantly come up to me and whisper in my ear. This along with some of his other behavior made me extremely uncomfortable, so finally I told him it makes me uncomfortable. He never did it again.

Now if this guy was following me to my car, or something else that warrants escalation to higher ups, then I definitely would have reported him and not even felt bad about it.

People need to grow up, and learn to stand up for themselves.

Reactions: 6 users

If the guy said she has a nice rack, cute butt, or a body he’d love to bang. Making a comment about someone’s food is not sexual harassment unless he said something like “nice melons”. Lol.

Ah, are they actually sexual advances? Commenting on general appearance is not sexual harassment (commenting on body parts or in a sexual way is). White coat patdowns can be done by management, and you can ask for someone else in management or another tech or pharmacist to do so observed (and in private if you're uncomfortable with the pharmacist). By the way, being singled out for the policy enforcement is workplace harassment (if he isn't a subject of it himself or anyone else, it's harassment but not the sexual kind). Staring is sexual harassment if he's been told that it's uncomfortable. But that's a point, you actually have to say it's unwanted when it happens (and get it witnessed). It's not that it isn't creepy or uncomfortable, I believe you, but you have to signal that the attention is unwanted.

About the commenting on general appearance, if I can say it to either sex ("You look nice today" or "You've lost weight") as a general statement without a sexual implication, then it's not harassment. But a specific statement or a sexual implication, yeah, that is sexual harassment. As a personnel policy, I only comment on appearance if it's specifically against policy (where the hell is your ID, why do you have open toed shoes even though you're not in the sterile room, etc.). As for white coat and clothing searches, there are actually work environments that have that as part of the indignities, but the work environment should equally violate everyone (so I had to go to a VA mail order where there was variances left and right, we had to institute a full clothing search on everyone, including ourselves to make a point that no one is above the policy even though we were not anywhere near the safe keys).
Thank you for explaining it.

OP was not sexually harassed. She needs to just speak up and tell the guy she feels uncomfortable.

If the guy said she has a nice rack, cute butt, or a body he’d love to bang. Making a comment about someone’s food is not sexual harassment unless he said something like “nice melons”. Lol.

Too much logic in this thread! Ensue the triggering.

I agree with everything that you said. The white coat search became a routine for me during my time as cvs. At first I did feel like I was being treated like a criminal or a thief . Later I found out that it is a policy that is enforced by certain stores. I needed a job, I wish that was the biggest complaint bout cvs, which unfortunately it is not.

I know that at Cvs you can be disciplined for not following policies. Each employee has varying comfort levels and interpretation of policies. I just got over it and I cant be mad at someone for doing what they think is their job. However, as others pointed out there is nothing sexual about it, according to her description and based on my experience from cvs, the search is not out of the norm. So, if she brings this up during her complaint, I think it does nothing to establish sexual harassment.
I thought it was funny when OP said something about the guy wanting her to take her lab coat off so he could see her with less clothing. Lmao. I mean, it’s not like the only thing she had on under the lab coat was a bikini. If she’s dressed professionally, why does it matter if someone sees her without her lab coat? It’s not like they would be seeing tight or skimpy clothing if she dresses appropriately for rotations.

I thought it was funny when OP said something about the guy wanting her to take her lab coat off so he could see her with less clothing. Lmao. I mean, it’s not like the only thing she had on under the lab coat was a bikini. If she’s dressed professionally, why does it matter if someone sees her without her lab coat? It’s not like they would be seeing tight or skimpy clothing if she dresses appropriately for rotations.
Dude i have seen some student or resident wear tight leggings (or yoga pant?) on rotation....pretty inappropriate.

Lol, you must not have been on the same rotations as me

let's remember that OP's username is "biblegirl". she may be raised in a very religious household by strict parents. people make that joke about the "christian hug", that's legitimate stuff. if OP is very religious and very sheltered. it is possible that she may feel sexually harassed if a man asked her to take off her coat

in terms of what girls wear on rotations: i haven't seen chicks on rotations wear revealing or skimpy clothes under their white coats. just standard clothes. the most "skimpy" clothes i've seen from students on rotations are very tight pants that emphasis a bubble butt. but that's pretty much it to be honest

OP, I believe you, period.

Report it, period.

Report it to your school, they should help, send via email so there's a paper trail.

Old school sexual harassment policies in the workplace - you could do anything once... but once you were asked to stop, it was over. Not joking. (Back when Spectrum used to make natural cherry flavor for compounding.)

OP, I believe you, period.

Report it, period.

Report it to your school, they should help, send via email so there's a paper trail.

Wow. You are going to ruin this pharmacists reputation and possibly make him lose his job, and possibly make OP redo a rotation in the process... all because this pharmacist commented on a healthy lunch and her being in good shape? He followed store policy and patted her down..... what am I missing here? Did he pat down inappropriate areas that didn't need to be patted down? If that were the case, it's on camera and there would be evidence for OP to do what is needed. I'd be in agreement with you then (but... that doesn't seem to be the case here). As mentioned previously, OP should leave her white coat at the pharmacy when she leaves each day, therefore eliminating this awkward patdown situation.

Some of you must be terrible to work with...serious need of social skills CE / pharmacy coursework.

Wow. You are going to ruin this pharmacists reputation and possibly make him lose his job, and possibly make OP redo a rotation in the process... all because this pharmacist commented on a healthy lunch and her being in good shape? He followed store policy and patted her down..... what am I missing here? Did he pat down inappropriate areas that didn't need to be patted down? If that were the case, it's on camera and there would be evidence for OP to do what is needed. I'd be in agreement with you then (but... that doesn't seem to be the case here). As mentioned previously, OP should leave her white coat at the pharmacy when she leaves each day, therefore eliminating this awkward patdown situation.

Some of you must be terrible to work with...serious need of social skills CE / pharmacy coursework.

Haha, I've seen first hand how awkward the pharmacy "managers" can be at the inpatient setting. They take an employee with tons of clinical knowledge and pearls but zero people skills and put them into a position to manage without training...

Maybe I didn't read correctly, was the pat down happening to the student or just the white coat?

Haha, I've seen first hand how awkward the pharmacy "managers" can be at the inpatient setting. They take an employee with tons of clinical knowledge and pearls but zero people skills and put them into a position to manage without training...

Maybe I didn't read correctly, was the pat down happening to the student or just the white coat?
Just the white coat was being patted.

I’m curious with your amazing social skills are you able to tell the difference between being hit on and being given an innocent complement?

Are you just assuming OP can’t tell the difference?

If OP Thinks she is being sexually harassed, she is being sexually harassed.

But by all means let’s continue to blame her, after all she was probably asking for it with what she was wearing.

I've had people get offended when I say Farxiga funny so I stopped doing it. NBD

It should also be NBD for this pharmacist to quit being weird if called out but I wouldn't be surprised if he knows exactly what he's doing and gets off on making other people uncomfortable while not being overt about it

I’m curious with your amazing social skills are you able to tell the difference between being hit on and being given an innocent complement?

Are you just assuming OP can’t tell the difference?

If OP Thinks she is being sexually harassed, she is being sexually harassed.

But by all means let’s continue to blame her, after all she was probably asking for it with what she was wearing.

Amazing. Again, what did the receptor do wrong?

This guy has mouths to feed and a family most likely. Before you ruin his life, I’m asking for legitimate evidence and not your feelings and allegations because someone looked at you for one second too long.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile