Setting up rotations - resources other than Frieda/VSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osteosaur

I eat the whole patient
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been sending out emails to coordinators trying to set up my 4th year rotations in FM. Maybe its just because of the time of year, but I really haven't heard back from anyone despite sending out 10 emails so far (i started 2 weeks ago). Everyone told me VSAS was terrible, so mostly I've been reaching out to coordinators after looking up programs on Frieda. Might be a matter of being patient but I'm getting pretty pretty nervous, as most people surely are.

I was pretty much reaching out with, "I am soon to be a 4th year medical student at XXX university, hoping to specialize in FM. I was very much interested in doing a rotation at your program, would you happen to be accepting students this year?"

Is there something I'm overlooking with my search strategy?

Members don't see this ad.

So I've been sending out emails to coordinators trying to set up my 4th year rotations in FM. Maybe its just because of the time of year, but I really haven't heard back from anyone despite sending out 10 emails so far (i started 2 weeks ago). Everyone told me VSAS was terrible, so mostly I've been reaching out to coordinators after looking up programs on Frieda. Might be a matter of being patient but I'm getting pretty pretty nervous, as most people surely are.

I was pretty much reaching out with, "I am soon to be a 4th year medical student at XXX university, hoping to specialize in FM. I was very much interested in doing a rotation at your program, would you happen to be accepting students this year?"

Is there something I'm overlooking with my search strategy?

Everywhere I have looked explicitly states that I have to use VSAS. These are mostly university programs though.

Everywhere I have looked explicitly states that I have to use VSAS. These are mostly university programs though.

Could be DOs have a tougher time getting seen on VSAS. I mean I'm definitely using it for programs that want it, but was advised there were a lot that don't list on VSAS and to reach out directly.

Just not sure if there is anything else to be doing.