Program-Specific Info / Q's Seton Hall Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MamabearOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't attend the info session next weekend. Can any current students comment on the strengths and weaknesses of the program? I don't think acceptances are issued until March, but feel free to comment if/when you hear back if you applied for fall 2018.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I applied to seton hall but havent heard anything yet. Has anyone heard anything?

Hi, I applied to seton hall but havent heard anything yet. Has anyone heard anything?
I haven't heard anything yet. In years past, from this forum, it looks like OT applicants haven't typically heard until late March at the earliest.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a call from Seton hall today April 3rd, at 10:15 that I have been accepted into the program!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got a call from Seton hall today April 3rd, at 10:15 that I have been accepted into the program!
Me too!!! I think they called me right after you! I'm so excited!!!

I just got a phone call that I’ve been accepted as well!

I was accepted :) feels nice to know I was competitive. But I will be declining

I will be attending Seton Hall this fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted, could you please share your stats?

For those accepted, could you please share your stats?

Undergraduate: CSU Fullerton
Major: Bachelors in Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.65, graduated with cum laude honors
Prereq GPA: 3.85

Experiences:
Currently working at a local hospital as an admitting representative for the past year and a half.
Total of 5 years in retail

Volunteer:
100 hrs in an occupational therapy based martial arts program for children, teens, and young adults
50 hrs of shadowing at a pediatrics clinic
40 hrs of shadowing at an upper extremity clinic

I was accepted to Seton Hall via postal mail on Friday. I received a packet with an acceptance letter inside the folder. I will be declining the offer...good luck everyone!

Undergrad: Rutgers University
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.87 (graduated Summa Cum Laude)
Prerequisite GPA: 3.8-3.9
Observation Hours: 100 in 3 settings

I was accepted to Seton Hall via postal mail on Friday. I received a packet with an acceptance letter inside the folder. I will be declining the offer...good luck everyone!

Undergrad: Rutgers University
Overall GPA: 3.87 (graduated Summa Cum Laude)
Prerequisite GPA: 3.8-3.9
Observation Hours: 100 in 3 settings
Congrats! Where will you be attending instead?

Hi! I applied to Seton Hall's OT program and haven't heard anything yet! Anticipating waitlist or rejection, but has anyone found out today or within the past week of acceptance?

Hi! I applied to Seton Hall's OT program and haven't heard anything yet! Anticipating waitlist or rejection, but has anyone found out today or within the past week of acceptance?
Have not heard anything yet either! I saw on another thread that someone received a waitlisted letter last week. I'm thinking either waitlisted or rejection at this point as well.

Have not heard anything yet either! I saw on another thread that someone received a waitlisted letter last week. I'm thinking either waitlisted or rejection at this point as well.

I’m in the same spot as you two and don’t know what to think either

I declined my offer at Seton hall. I hope it opens a spot for someone! Good luck everyone :)

Almost the end of April and still haven't heard. If it means rejection, I wish I found out a month ago.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been reading this forum while waiting for my decision and made an account just to let anyone who is still waiting know there is still hope!! I just received my acceptance call today :) I was at the point where I was certain I was being rejected. I called yesterday to ask about my decision and told them I was hoping to attend Seton Hall, but if not I needed to let another school know by today. They got back to me and said I should hear by the end of the business day today and I did!

Reactions: 1 users
I've been reading this forum while waiting for my decision and made an account just to let anyone who is still waiting know there is still hope!! I just received my acceptance call today :) I was at the point where I was certain I was being rejected. I called yesterday to ask about my decision and told them I was hoping to attend Seton Hall, but if not I needed to let another school know by today. They got back to me and said I should hear by the end of the business day today and I did!

Hello! Just wondering if you were waitlisted prior to this phone call? Also, what exactly did you say?
I am waitlisting there, have sent an email expressing how I want to go there and i have not gotten accepted yet! Should I call? Also, what were your stats?

Thank you!

Hello! Just wondering if you were waitlisted prior to this phone call? Also, what exactly did you say?
I am waitlisting there, have sent an email expressing how I want to go there and i have not gotten accepted yet! Should I call? Also, what were your stats?

Thank you!

Nope I wasn't wait-listed prior! I spoke to the secretary and told her that I haven't heard back yet and while Seton Hall was my top choice I needed to let another school know by the next day. She then told me I should hear back within the next couple days. I asked if there was any possible way she could tell me anything now and she said she would take down my information and let admissions know I needed to know. I would definitely suggest calling!

GPA: 3.9
Prereq GPA: 3.95
Observations: 50 hours in 2 different settings

Nope I wasn't wait-listed prior! I spoke to the secretary and told her that I haven't heard back yet and while Seton Hall was my top choice I needed to let another school know by the next day. She then told me I should hear back within the next couple days. I asked if there was any possible way she could tell me anything now and she said she would take down my information and let admissions know I needed to know. I would definitely suggest calling!

So I called today and they said the class was full and that if any seats open up and if I'm next ill get notified but I have a feeling its never going to happen :( congratulations though!

Also, what number did you call, and what secretary did you call? perhaps I called the wrong person and would have better luck with him/ her!

So I called today and they said the class was full and that if any seats open up and if I'm next ill get notified but I have a feeling its never going to happen :( congratulations though!

I got waitlisted to :( my stats are:
GPA: 3.6
Bachelors degree I graduated cum laude, and I'm in 4 honor societies. I guess there were a lot of really good candidates this year! Did they tell you how the waitlist is ranked? Is it by GPA? I feel like everyone who was accepted for the most part will accept, I heard they only accept like 35 people.

does anyone know how many applicants there are (about) and how many get accepted?

does anyone know how many applicants there are (about) and how many get accepted?

I'm in their program now! I got accepted last year and they accepted 35 students out of 460 applicants! They have to leave room for their 3+3 program students because there's about 30 of them too.

Wow! thank you for that information! i got accepted this year for the Fall 2018 ! how do you like the program so far?

Wow! thank you for that information! i got accepted this year for the Fall 2018 ! how do you like the program so far?

I like the program! I definitely think it's a good program I just think it's a little unorganized right now because they recently changed the curriculum and we're also in the process of the medical school moving to a new campus. It has a lot of great classes that definitely cover all different populations, but I do think there are a lot of unnecessary ones which is why our program is so much longer than others. Overall I def think it's a good program and that I'm learning a lot! I'm sure there are pros and cons of every school. But the new campus is owned by Hackensack hospital so I'm hoping that will help with things and it's apparently an amazing campus with crazy technology and a full ADL apartment so it will definitely be beneficial! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Hey! Has anyone who's been wait-listed called to check in on their status? I've been waiting a while now and I want to call but I'm not sure if that might upset/frustrate them knowing that I'm already on the wait list. If anyone has called or has heard back since receiving a letter about being wait-listed, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know what they said. Thank you!!!

I was accepted off the wait list. Got a voicemail and a letter in the mail a few days ago

Hey all,
I don't know if anyone still checks their account, but if you see this, I'd be curious to know your thoughts on the program. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the curriculum/overall program? Are you happy with your choice to attend Seton Hall?
Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone - I just received an email from Seton Hall informing me that I was wait listed :( This is my top school so I am saying prayers that the wait list isn't too long. If anyone sees this from previous years, is there anyway you can inform me if you were accepted after being on the wait list? Was it a long time? Thank you so much -
Best of luck to everyone else!