Serious About Lawsuit Against UConn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which of the following did you experience at UConn? (You may choose more than one)

• Psychological Abuse

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Emotional Abuse

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Emotional Rape

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Professional Harrassment

• Submission to Drug Testing

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Submission to Drug Counseling

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Submission to Alcohol Testing

• Submission to Alcohol Counseling

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Submission to Psychiatric Evaluation

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Submission to Psychiatric Counseling

• Submission to Neuropsychological Testing

• Submission to Marriage Counseling

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Submission to Personality Testing

• Submission to Personality Counseling

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Threats

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Intimidation

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Coercion

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Humiliation

• Immoral Treatment

• Unethical Treatment

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Expulsion (or nearly expelled)

• Revocation of Diploma (or nearly revocated)

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Witholding of Diploma

• Suspension (or nearly expelled)

• Forbid You to Voice Your Opinion Even in a Respectful Manner

• Violation of Medical Privacy

• Violation of Academic Privacy

• Violation of Basic Human Privacy

• Violation of your Rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Submission to Meeting with a Committee to "Monitor" You

• Lied to You

• Lied About You

• Severe Depression

• Consider Suicide to put an end to the Bullying

• Severe Anxiety

• Punishment of any Sort

• Verbal Abuse

• Fearful of Revealing your True Identity on this Forum

• Submission to being a Participant in a Research Study

• Other

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That was really insightful! Good ideas. I hope they seriously consider them. The only counterpoint to what you suggest is that I know for a fact that a lot of people have tried other, more peaceful means of dealing with the school and it only got them in trouble and black-listed. Maybe Dr. T could bring this issue to the students showing the students that they really do want to be the best dental school possible.

DUH!

Have you forgotten what UConn was like? They don't talk...they harrass, intimidate, threaten and coerce, as the poll says.

serious action with severe consequences is the only way to go. they don't bother to show us the decency and respect of talking/discussing anything with us, why give them that courtesy? my guess is that nothing will ever happen cuz ppl are still afraid even after they graduate or they just don't wanna step on any toes cuz you never know who you'll need an LOR from on down the road...plus, it is a small community...you don't wanna step on anyone's toes

uconn is s'ppse to get a new dean. god i hope a new dean comes in and cleans house. there are about 13 ppl i'd love for them to get rid of.

My recommendation: don't bother with a lawsuit or with talking, just move on with your life, go to a counselor, and warn ppl about coming here. Oh, and never give back any money...maybe the school will go in debt and go out of business. Well, not likely with the way they tax nutmegers...but a boy can dream!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you forgotten what UConn was like? They don't talk...they harrass, intimidate, threaten and coerce, as the poll says.

Well, that's true, but you have to give them credit for never sexually abusing us...oh wait, I forgot about those nude photos they made me take in the dental clinics with all our "tools":laugh: :eek:

Well, that's true, but you have to give them credit for never sexually abusing us...oh wait, I forgot about those nude photos they made me take in the dental clinics with all our "tools":laugh: :eek:

You too?! I thought I was the only one! Was it Dr. I? Did she ever make you do that thing with the ultrasonic? [Not the old ones, but the new ones?] Or was it the 151's? Gives a whole new meaning to the word "extraction.":eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
You too?! I thought I was the only one! Was it Dr. I? Did she ever make you do that thing with the ultrasonic? [Not the old ones, but the new ones?] Or was it the 151's? Gives a whole new meaning to the word "extraction.":eek:

OKAY! :confused:

Don't go to Howard. They do it a little bit of everything. In fact, reading about UCONN almost makes me think they weren't that bad. Nope, it sucked in a major way and after working with a few dentists in private practice, I am starting to think dentists are jerks everywhere.

It is true you could affect change easier as with a DDS/DMD behind your name, but being a student doesn't mean you can't stand up for yourself. Document everything, get all your stuff together, and go after it hard or don't go after it all.

Don't go to Howard. They do it a little bit of everything. In fact, reading about UCONN almost makes me think they weren't that bad. Nope, it sucked in a major way and after working with a few dentists in private practice, I am starting to think dentists are jerks everywhere.

It is true you could affect change easier as with a DDS/DMD behind your name, but being a student doesn't mean you can't stand up for yourself. Document everything, get all your stuff together, and go after it hard or don't go after it all.

Documenting everything is key! If I knew then what I know now, I would've documented every conversation I had with classmates, professors, staff, and patients (even what appeared to be innocent conversations)....You never know when some random comment that some staff member made could help back up a student's claim. My advice to current students: Get a spiral notebook, for every day, write down the time, day, and person you had the conversation with then give a brief summary of the conversation. If you do this and have enough info written where multiple people support what you believe the school is doing, then it will hold up in a court of law.

Best of luck!

Oh, sweet Jesus!:eek:

y r u guys doin this? ur just gonna make them angrier & make them think that all students r on this website and slammin them....u think they r pissed now, u haven't seen their wrath...all this stuff u mention is just the usual for them

:laugh:
Just jump through the hoops and get outta there! If they make you do 10 pushups before the lecture and call you a squirmy wimp while you are 'belittled' in front of your classmates then do it. Too many 'Look at me, I'm a victim, waaaahhh' attitudes now a days.

P.S. I voted on your poll, but never applied, went, or thought about UCONN. When you guys sue and get money do I still get a cut?:p

If that were the case, it would show all the users who have logged in from those computers. In the entire history of SDN, the only people to have logged in from the IPs were the accounts in question here. Furthermore, most of the IP's & usernames resolved uniquely to individual residential ISP accounts.

If you have any other questions, please contact me via PM so this thread can get back on track. :)

I have got to ask: Does SDN monitor or track ip addresses? If so, does this mean a pissed off administrator from a dental school could sequester records to find out who is posting negatively? I am hoping the second scenario has never happened because it is depressing to think any administrator took that much more time to investigate a negative comment on SDN than at their respective schools.

I have never attended uconn, but these problems are not unique to that dental school. Dental schools should put more time into policeing and improving themselves since they all got together and vowed not to be ranked.

I have got to ask: Does SDN monitor or track ip addresses? If so, does this mean a pissed off administrator from a dental school could sequester records to find out who is posting negatively? I am hoping the second scenario has never happened because it is depressing to think any administrator took that much more time to investigate a negative comment on SDN than at their respective schools.

I have never attended uconn, but these problems are not unique to that dental school. Dental schools should put more time into policeing and improving themselves since they all got together and vowed not to be ranked.

Very good questions.

Yes, SDN does log IP addresses to help us moderate the forums (e.g., multiple troll accounts originating from a single IP, etc.). Despite that, user privacy is something we take very seriously. We make sure never to associate accounts with their real-life owners, and people who do call out other users are disciplined swiftly.

The only times SDN will release personally identifiable user information would be in response to an official request by law enforcement agencies, or to directly protect the health and/or safety of an individual.

You can review SDN's privacy policy in detail by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.

Univ of Conn is just the kind of school to do that. They would rather punish & intimidate ppl :thumbdown: than try to find out what was wrong to begin with:thumbdown:. They would rather take the time to investigate a negative comment on SDN than try to change the student morale in a healthy and psychologically stable way. They would rather treat you like **** not worthy of being scraped off the bottom of their shoes than to treat you with an ounce of human decency. Makes you understand why so many patients leave our school hating the school, but not necessarily their student dentists. I can't tell you how many of my patients think the profs are such big @sses, but yet they trust me so much that they would let me do almost anything. Profs here are egomaniacal. I hope I never become one of them. I hope my patients always tell me they trust me out of trust and not out of fear.:thumbup:

Apparently, you haven't read some older threads...I was part of one class that got chewed out by Dr. T for making negative comments on SDN. At the time, I had no idea what he was talking about, but then classmates filled me in and told me what they did and what the school did to them in retalliation. I thought the school handled it very "professionally."

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh:
Just jump through the hoops and get outta there! If they make you do 10 pushups before the lecture and call you a squirmy wimp while you are 'belittled' in front of your classmates then do it. Too many 'Look at me, I'm a victim, waaaahhh' attitudes now a days.

P.S. I voted on your poll, but never applied, went, or thought about UCONN. When you guys sue and get money do I still get a cut?:p

You shouldn't have voted if you never attended UConn. I don't think that they are trying to sue for money, but for change.

Oh, and you have no right to say what you say about victims. You never had to endure it and you don't know how many of my classmates were being treated for depression (myself included) and anxiety due to the severe pyschological harrassment and abuse. Your belittling comments just go to show that you are part of the problem...people who think maltreatment is acceptable treatment.

You obviously never attended dental school in the late 70's and 80's.

Neither did I but go find out some stories and you'll learn most dental schools were like what Uconn has been described.

Jump through the hoops, take prozac if you have to, and get outta dodge.

'Simple' as that.

Oh, and you have no right to say what you say about victims.

I never said anything about the victims...

Read between the lines and you can see I meant that many people need to change their attitudes. Again: Too many "waaahhh, i am a victim" attitudes. Read above post.

You obviously never attended dental school in the late 70's and 80's.

Neither did I but go find out some stories and you'll learn most dental schools were like what Uconn has been described.

Jump through the hoops, take prozac if you have to, and get outta dodge.

'Simple' as that.

Thanks for edumacating me. I is dumb. I stupidly thought that things were pristine in the past. I also stupidly thought that past maltreatment should not be repeated...I mean, african-americans were enslaved in the past so we should do it again today, right?

At UConn, prozac is a close friend. Even closer are my 2 homies: Jim Bean and Jose Cuervo. Man...sometimes I wanna go Bi!

I never said anything about the victims...

Read between the lines and you can see I meant that many people need to change their attitudes. Again: Too many "waaahhh, i am a victim" attitudes. Read above post.

So, again...you is edumacating me. It sounds as if you are saying that wolves do exist, but that there are too many people crying wolf. (Pretty snazzy metaphor for me-is-dumb---even facier that me-is-dumb knows what a metaphor is and didn't confuse it with a simile)

Is it possible that we aren't just crying wolf...that we actually did see it and it did sink it's teeth into us?

So, again...you is edumacating me. It sounds as if you are saying that wolves do exist, but that there are too many people crying wolf. (Pretty snazzy metaphor for me-is-dumb---even facier that me-is-dumb knows what a metaphor is and didn't confuse it with a simile)

Is it possible that we aren't just crying wolf...that we actually did see it and it did sink it's teeth into us?

252947185_5d480613ec.jpg

i have heard many stories regarding how stressfull uconn can be. perhaps many have been overblown because if it were that bad, no one would attend that school. in fact, uconn supposedly does well on the boards (just things i read on SDN, no factual data to support this claim), and if that's the case, then the school has got to be doing something right.

to those who are disenchanted over uconn's alleged abuse of its students: why did you CHOOSE to attend uconn?

no matter how strict or nasty a faculty member is, i think it's important to not forget that we are part of a profession that is struggling to find faculty in the first place. i'd rather deal with a nasty faculty member than no faculty at all.

i have heard many stories regarding how stressfull uconn can be. perhaps many have been overblown because if it were that bad, no one would attend that school. in fact, uconn supposedly does well on the boards (just things i read on SDN, no factual data to support this claim), and if that's the case, then the school has got to be doing something right.

to those who are disenchanted over uconn's alleged abuse of its students: why did you CHOOSE to attend uconn?

no matter how strict or nasty a faculty member is, i think it's important to not forget that we are part of a profession that is struggling to find faculty in the first place. i'd rather deal with a nasty faculty member than no faculty at all.

There are many reasons ppl attend Univ of CT in spite of everything.
One reason is because no can believe those stories. They are too outrageous. I mean, if you had told me this stuff before I entered ds I would've thought you were mental. I mean, who would think a school would behave this badly. I went to great prep schools and a great college...I didn't always like the policies or all of the profs, but none of them behaved this nuts.
Second, so many people are afraid to speak out publicly agaist this school. Thus, not everyone hears about how awful this school is and they still attend it.
Third, this school seems like a golden opportunity. (This seemed like a golden opportunity to me: good board scores, low cost, etc.).
Fourth, there is no shortage of qualified ds applicants but there is a shortage of student spots so some students would sell their soul to the devil if that were the only way they could get into ds. Go to the pre-dent forum and ask applicants if they would go through a ton of heartache all just to be a dentist. It seems doable on the surface until you are in the midst of it.
Fifth, some ppl have limited opportunities on where they can apply due to family obligations and the like.
Lastly, the reason ppl attend Univ of CT is because of their seemingly-glowing reputation. Yes, it is true that we do excellent on part I of the boards. That is one thing that attracted me and so many of my classmates to this school. But if you read earlier posts, everyone makes it perfectly clear that they are not complaining about the rigorous academic curriculum. Nobody denies that they have done something right when it comes to the rigorous academic curriculum and nobody claims that all profs there behave this way. Again, read the earlier posts...this has nothing to do with the academic curriculum.

As for dealing with nasty faculty than none at all: would you rather deal with an incompetent dentist than none at all? An incompetent dentist can do more harm than good. Likewise, a nasty professor can humiliate the profession.

1992Corolla's last post was very mature. He used lots of big words and was very helpful about the original intent of this thread.:rolleyes:

Apparantly, he's the reason cr@p like this still goes on in our school...it's just the profs being "mature" and "helpful."

It's also appropriate that you once used the phrase "get out of dodge." To liken our school to the wild west where mayhem reigned and the "bad guys" controlled it all is accurate.

I'm a recent graduate of UConn and not too far removed from the current situation. While my time there was not always peachy and I would categorize it as very stressful most of the time, I can't remember any really horrific things that happened to my classmates or me.

Some people had academic problems at times, some needed to repeat years due to academic or patient treatment issues, but nothing stands out as being abusive or harassing. I can remember one classmate who was subjected to drug/psychological testing, and while he was a nice guy, I don't think that was unreasonable considering his behavior.

I can think of a few people who were made to repeat a year for what I think were minor issues for people who were good student and clinicians. I also think there is a lot of "motivation" based on fear of repeating a year or not graduating. There are professors I greatly dislike for one reason or another and some who I really like very much.

This is in no way minimizing the experiences of others there – if those things happened I think it's horrible and it needs to be addressed – it requires that these concerns/problems be brought to the administration's attention - however you can manage to do it. While I'm not aware of anything described in these posts happening when I was there – I'm certainly not aware of every conversation or interaction that occurred between classmates and faculty – I'm also not a woman which likely minimized the possibility of being sexually harassed.

Good luck to everyone who is discussing these issues to make a positive change in their lives and at UConn.

I'm a recent graduate of UConn and not too far removed from the current situation. While my time there was not always peachy and I would categorize it as very stressful most of the time, I can't remember any really horrific things that happened to my classmates or me.

Some people had academic problems at times, some needed to repeat years due to academic or patient treatment issues, but nothing stands out as being abusive or harassing. I can remember one classmate who was subjected to drug/psychological testing, and while he was a nice guy, I don't think that was unreasonable considering his behavior.

I can think of a few people who were made to repeat a year for what I think were minor issues for people who were good student and clinicians. I also think there is a lot of "motivation" based on fear of repeating a year or not graduating. There are professors I greatly dislike for one reason or another and some who I really like very much.

This is in no way minimizing the experiences of others there – if those things happened I think it's horrible and it needs to be addressed – it requires that these concerns/problems be brought to the administration's attention - however you can manage to do it. While I'm not aware of anything described in these posts happening when I was there – I'm certainly not aware of every conversation or interaction that occurred between classmates and faculty – I'm also not a woman which likely minimized the possibility of being sexually harassed.

Good luck to everyone who is discussing these issues to make a positive change in their lives and at UConn.

I'd like to thank Fire Dancer for maturely voicing an opposing opinion!:thumbup:

My question is this: Why does it not upset you that people had to repeat a year for things you recognize as minor or that "motivation" was based on fear? Was the purpose of the fear to teach students right from wrong or to simply change a behavior while in school? Sadly, fear prevents certain behavior in the short run; it does not work for the long haul of teaching ppl.

I too was never sexually harrassed, but I witnessed female classmates getting harrassed and twice I witnessed female patients being severely harrassed.

During my 2 years in clinic, I witnessed 3 ppl who were suspended from clinic (twice it was over minor things, once it was legit), 2 ppl who were sent to drug and alcohol counseling (completely unwarranted in one situation, the other situation I am not too familiar with), and 4 ppl who were subjected to mandatory psychological evaluations based on very poor judgment by certain profs. Sadly, only a couple of profs were responsible for all these atrocities...one I know of is just overzealous and the other just has a seriously demented view of reality and hence, very poor judgment that the others, sadly, trusted.

Oh, and about 25% of my class did not end up graduating with my original class...that's pretty high!

Again, thank you so much for voicing your opinion in a mature manner and for not minimizing what happened to others.:thumbup:

I truly look forward to more posts from you!:)

I definately didn't come here to flame. My first post wasn't offensive. Maybe a little sarcastic, but still has valid points. I said jump through the hoops even if they suck. The so called abuse (in my opinion) doesn't sound bad. (what, like 10 people in your class voted on your awesome:Lets sue the school for emotional abuse...but we don't want money poll)

I guess I just don't like whiners. When you get out in private practice (please don't let uconn weed you out:rolleyes: ) and a patient sues you because by pulling the wrong tooth you caused them 'emotional anguish on top of financial burden, etc.' will you hate the system? Probably.

A good song comes to mind when I read posts like this:

"Get over it"
The Eagles.

Lets also not turn this into a "I am more mature than you" argument. My argument is valid as is yours. This is an opinionated forum is it not?

Don't you guys have some demoralizing homework to do?

My question is this: Why does it not upset you that people had to repeat a year for things you recognize as minor or that "motivation" was based on fear? Was the purpose of the fear to teach students right from wrong or to simply change a behavior while in school?

It did make me upset. Neither person was completely innocent but I did think the punishment was severe, especially when you consider the requirements not completed.

Hey FireDancer!

Are you still at UConn doing a residency? If so, maybe you can help me. Do you know any current 3rd or 4th years? If you do, do you think you could maybe ask any of them if they know about the legitimacy of this one rumor I heard? I heard that they sent a guy to that committee basically for being gay. They phrased it under the pretense that his mannerisms were making some patients uncomfortable. Thus, they are trying to teach him how not to use his hands so much when speaking and they are making him go to speech therapy to get rid of his lisp (they claim that patients cannot understand him). Is there any validity to these accusations?

I definately didn't come here to flame. My first post wasn't offensive. Maybe a little sarcastic, but still has valid points. I said jump through the hoops even if they suck. The so called abuse (in my opinion) doesn't sound bad. (what, like 10 people in your class voted on your awesome:Lets sue the school for emotional abuse...but we don't want money poll)

I guess I just don't like whiners. When you get out in private practice (please don't let uconn weed you out:rolleyes: ) and a patient sues you because by pulling the wrong tooth you caused them 'emotional anguish on top of financial burden, etc.' will you hate the system? Probably.

A good song comes to mind when I read posts like this:

"Get over it"
The Eagles.

Lets also not turn this into a "I am more mature than you" argument. My argument is valid as is yours. This is an opinionated forum is it not?

Don't you guys have some demoralizing homework to do?

I applaud any pt who sues a doc for pulling the wrong tooth and then not trying hard to remedy the situation. Additionally, if it is a maxillary anterior tooth, totally let'em sue me for mental anguish. It would cause me mental anguish. Thus, hooray for the system that allows the victim to be compensated.

That get over it attitude is so crass and so immature...I don't mind makin this about maturity b/c your post was immature...esp the one with the ugly baby crying. You yourself said that this was an opinionated forum so I am voicin my opinion to tell you that your posts are immature and that you should think about how they might come off to readers.

Hey FireDancer!

Are you still at UConn doing a residency? If so, maybe you can help me. Do you know any current 3rd or 4th years? If you do, do you think you could maybe ask any of them if they know about the legitimacy of this one rumor I heard? I heard that they sent a guy to that committee basically for being gay. They phrased it under the pretense that his mannerisms were making some patients uncomfortable. Thus, they are trying to teach him how not to use his hands so much when speaking and they are making him go to speech therapy to get rid of his lisp (they claim that patients cannot understand him). Is there any validity to these accusations?

Wow! I ttly heard the same thing...some guy sent to PPC cuz of his "obstructed speech and distracting hand gestures," or at least that is what friends told me. I have never had a problem understanding his speech.

All this stuff about immature posts and you guys have started a "Lets sue UConn for emotional rape" thread. A more mature approach, according to you guys, would be to talk to lawyers instead of 1000 predents/dental students/and ghost adcoms who probably don't really care.

I do feel sorry you guys got the end of the stick that was pushed into dog doo, but you need to go about it another way. THAT would be mature.

I do feel sorry you guys got the end of the stick that was pushed into dog doo, but you need to go about it another way. THAT would be mature.

i'm not tryin to com off as sarcastic. i just wanna really know the ans to this q. pls take it seriously. what way do u suggest to fix uconn? i feel like our hands are tied. i'm kinda embarrassed to tell ppl i go to uconn cuz now erybody knows the truth & boy does it STANK! i don't think slammin'em on this websit works (it's like pokin the bear). i don't think a lawsuit will phase'em (public institutions just have the state suck up the cost for this sht). i don't think talkin to em will work (we have tried that to a lesser degree & got helll for it). so what? what do u suggest?

man, the dog doo is v. mushy & v. STANKY, trust me

oh, and as for the guy gettin sent for "homosexual tendencies": i heard it 2nd hand from a very good friend of his. it doesn't surprise me, but i still keep holdin out hope that it's just a rumor. i hate acknowledging the fact that i am at a school like this

i get the strange feeling that one person has multiple usernames on this thread, and bashing uconn.

i'm not tryin to com off as sarcastic. i just wanna really know the ans to this q. pls take it seriously. what way do u suggest to fix uconn? i feel like our hands are tied. i'm kinda embarrassed to tell ppl i go to uconn cuz now erybody knows the truth & boy does it STANK! i don't think slammin'em on this websit works (it's like pokin the bear). i don't think a lawsuit will phase'em (public institutions just have the state suck up the cost for this sht). i don't think talkin to em will work (we have tried that to a lesser degree & got helll for it). so what? what do u suggest?

man, the dog doo is v. mushy & v. STANKY, trust me

oh, and as for the guy gettin sent for "homosexual tendencies": i heard it 2nd hand from a very good friend of his. it doesn't surprise me, but i still keep holdin out hope that it's just a rumor. i hate acknowledging the fact that i am at a school like this

Read my above posts. Yeah it sucks. Okay, we have that established. You can sit there in the dog poo, pissing and moaning about it, OR you can change your attitude.

Jump through the hoops.
Scalpel probably hates it when some dumb nurse pages him a 3am to ask him something he wrote down in the chart. Can he change the dumb nurse? Probably not. He knows he only has a limited time there before he is done and can move on to private practice or whatever.

Jump through the hoops, become a 'yes man (m'am) for four years and get out. This thread has ended for me as I no longer care.

I hope the best for you guys (or one guy with multiple accounts)

Read my above posts. Yeah it sucks. Okay, we have that established. You can sit there in the dog poo, pissing and moaning about it, OR you can change your attitude.

Jump through the hoops.
Scalpel probably hates it when some dumb nurse pages him a 3am to ask him something he wrote down in the chart. Can he change the dumb nurse? Probably not. He knows he only has a limited time there before he is done and can move on to private practice or whatever.

Jump through the hoops, become a 'yes man (m'am) for four years and get out. This thread has ended for me as I no longer care.

I hope the best for you guys (or one guy with multiple accounts)
Hopefully now it's 0 people with 0 accounts. :rolleyes:

Hello! Anybody there? Has anyone got any info on the student who was allegedly harrassed for "homosexual" behavior? PM me.

Same here. I'd like a PM as well, particularly if you are a dental student who is facing harrassment due to sexual orientation, gender identification and the like. I used to volunteer for GLAAD and I have buds who volunteer for the Lambda Legal Defense Fund and Education Fund.

I was insanely closeted at school due to fears like this. I've had a girlfriend and I also remember being gender dysphoric as a child. If anyone knew this I'll bet it could have cost me my degree. I'd have been labeled a freak in that environment. I don't plan to forget it.

Hello! Anybody there? Has anyone got any info on the student who was allegedly harrassed for "homosexual" behavior? PM me.

Same here. I'd like a PM as well, particularly if you are a dental student who is facing harrassment due to sexual orientation, gender identification and the like. I used to volunteer for GLAAD and I have buds who volunteer for the Lambda Legal Defense Fund and Education Fund.

I was insanely closeted at school due to fears like this. I've had a girlfriend and I also remember being gender dysphoric as a child. If anyone knew this I'll bet it could have cost me my degree. I'd have been labeled a freak in that environment. I don't plan to forget it.

I remember you from the days you were deciding between doing dental school school in New York or Conneticutt. I thought of you as a kind hearted beautiful genius then and still do today even after you chose to join up with Capisce in stomping on my case. I'd always take you back no mattter what just like the run away bride. :love: :love:

Jesus, Groundhog, you've got me dreaming.

Sorry I beat you up a bit. I thought (and still do think) I was defending what was right.

:love:

I remember you from the days you were deciding between doing dental school school in New York or Conneticutt. I thought of you as a kind hearted beautiful genius then and still do today even after you chose to join up with Capisce in stomping on my case. I'd always take you back no mattter what just like the run away bride. :love: :love:

I am unaware of anyone being harassed for homosexual behavior....but again all I can tell you is what I know....doesn't mean it hasn't or doesn't happen.

I had a classmate whose behavior could've been classified as flamboyant....I have no idea what his sexual orientation is....all I know is he's a hell of a nice/smart guy who I enjoyed very much and I can't remember him having any troubles there....

If it's who I think you are talking about, he did end up going to PPC, but I'm not sure of the reason. He was on the other team, right?

I am unaware of anyone being harassed for homosexual behavior....but again all I can tell you is what I know....doesn't mean it hasn't or doesn't happen.

I had a classmate whose behavior could've been classified as flamboyant....I have no idea what his sexual orientation is....all I know is he's a hell of a nice/smart guy who I enjoyed very much and I can't remember him having any troubles there....

I have my suspicions but he never offered to tell and I didn't ask....I didn't even know he went to PPC....I'm pretty out of the loop with most things.

I know first-hand that he was sent to PPC. The reason you did not know is because he is very private; hence the reason he also never bothered to state that he was homosexual. He did have troubles there, but chose to keep his mouth shut out of fear!

Hopefully now it's 0 people with 0 accounts. :rolleyes:

Oh man! This cracks me up.

Just so you know, you will never be able to get rid of them all. I mean, so many ppl at UConn hate the school and have been abused that they will always exist and always come back.

Oh man! This cracks me up.

Just so you know, you will never be able to get rid of them all. I mean, so many ppl at UConn hate the school and have been abused that they will always exist and always come back.
You're missing the point. Discussion of issues like these is why the SDN forums exist in the first place, and people on both sides should be able to debate the issue to their heart's content.

The problem is that people are registering multiple accounts to criticize the school & inflate the number of people who appear to be against the school. That's dishonest and isn't allowed here. If your opinion is well-supported, real people will agree with you and you won't need to create imaginary alter-egos. :) I hope this helps.

If you don't like this thread, why don't you go back to the one where you were pretending to have taken the national boards after only three months of school. Something tells me you have zero months of dental school under your belt.

This thread is still around? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.