Sensitive Documents via Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dodgy badger

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My HPSP recruiter is asking for copies of my social security number, drivers license, and birth certificate. He recommended that I email them to him in PDF format. I've always learned that I should not send information of that nature via text, email, etc, so I've been hesitating to send it. Is my paranoia justified or should I just send the documents along? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

We use this site to send sensitive documents to the HPSP students. Basically, you can sign in, upload your document, the email of the recipient site sends the recipient an email giving them a time sensitive access code to get to your document. It's pretty slick...

https://safe.amrdec.army.mil/safe/

Reactions: 2 users
You feel you can’t trust the government with protecting this information? You might be justified. The Office of Personnel Mangagement was hacked by the Chinese a few years back. I got a letter telling me that all the info on my security clearance application, as well as my fingerprints, was all compromised. That’s a whole lot more than just my SSN. Great.

I’d just send it. All of your info can probably already be found on the Dark Web.

Big Hoss

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user