Sending LORs from Dean's office to CaRMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bestcoast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my ERAS and began working on my CaRMS application.

My Dean's Office literally has all my letters. Is it possible to just ask my dean's office to send in the letters along with the coversheet to CaRMS?
You know what I'm saying?

Members don't see this ad.

Why does your Dean's office have your reference letters? Your referees should be submitting your letters in confidence directly to CaRMS. They can submit them online. I'm in the process of writing letters for my med students now.

Why does your Dean's office have your reference letters? Your referees should be submitting your letters in confidence directly to CaRMS. They can submit them online. I'm in the process of writing letters for my med students now.

For ERAS, attendings send in the letters to our Dean's office or registrar and the registrar would upload the letters to the ERAS server. So you see what I'm saying? The office has all of my letters already and it's going to be a pain in the butt to ask them to send again (it was already difficult the first time around... haha)

I will call CaRMS tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well,it may be a "pain in the butt", however, programs will look at it a different way. If you can't be bothered to go through an extra step to get your letters in then it doesn't look like you're that interested in the program. Just sayin'

Well,it may be a "pain in the butt", however, programs will look at it a different way. If you can't be bothered to go through an extra step to get your letters in then it doesn't look like you're that interested in the program. Just sayin'

To be honest, it's not a pain in the butt for me. The attendings are the ones who need to register or use snailmail to send the letters. They actually complained.

Many of the students I have written letters for sent me a pre-addressed, stamped envelope. I just wrote the letter, stuffed it in the envelope they gave me and mailed it off. No extra work. Might be an idea for you.