Seeking PGY2 Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrocsOnDocs

Reaction score
Current PGY1 IM resident in good standing looking to transition to Psychiatry for a start in July 2023 (or sooner). So far I have been using the APA Clearinghouse, ResidentSwap, and looking at individual program websites to search for possible openings.

Any advise or information on programs recruiting PGY2s would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Kind of cumbersome, but search the FREIDA database, there are psych programs that have extra positions PGY-2 and on so that they can take on residents and physicians who transfer fields. UCSF and Washington come to mind.

Thank you, will try this. A few spots have gotten back to me saying they had positions but were just recently filled. Bad timing on my part

I also recommend speaking with your institutional psych program PD. Having some sort of connection with them may help you get leads on potential positions, or get some favors exchanged.

Caveat is you should let your current IM PD know if you are going to go this route (if not done so already).