Second year after AEGD AMA + collection report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faux

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First year

BAF65784-4470-4F11-B6BD-1BB5EF66716F.jpeg

Second year
43864B93-7E24-458F-96E3-1D3558A78F46.jpeg

Been at my private office for 2 years and 3 months. I take home 35% of the total listed. I was around 180-190k for the first year after some adjustments. Should be around 220k for the second year. Took a two week vacation. I Work four days a week.

Any questions ? Been doing ama since first year of dental school. Posted money figures since it’s not commonly talked about.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
I remember your original post, but I didn't remember the details so I looked over that again.

Did the owner ever buy another place? What about talks regarding bringing you on as partner? Are you still satisfied at this office?

I remember your original post, but I didn't remember the details so I looked over that again.

Did the owner ever buy another place? What about talks regarding bringing you on as partner? Are you still satisfied at this office?

He didn’t buy it. He’s still looking around.

In regards to me, he’s open to partnering or buying. I get the impression that hes waiting on me at this point. I’m still trying to figure out my own aspirations and what I want long term. I still think about perio occasionally or if I even want to be in the area long term. But other than that; it really is the perfect office to settle down with. Besides more comprehensive implant and crown/bridge cases, I feel pretty confident on my own. But I only got to this point at this time because I found such a great office to work at.

He’s even paying half towards my implant one week course in Colombia next month. Just a very supportive office

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is human nature to think the grass is always greener. In your case it more than likely is not. Just sayin"

Reactions: 1 users
What did you learn in your AEGD that you wouldn’t otherwise have gotten going to work immediately for a year and taken CE?

What did you learn in your AEGD that you wouldn’t otherwise have gotten going to work immediately for a year and taken CE?

I would like to know about this too, I’ll be going to dental school in the fall and wanna know if I should do CE or AEGD/GPR after graduation (which I know is a WAYS away

Ub aged.
I did 29 implant in my program, almost triple the average. So that helped being able to do some straight forward cases. That also helped being more comfortable with tissue reflection. I did get some surgical extraction experience and that helped too, especially in my area where full mouth extractions aren’t too uncommon. I did a fair amount of crowns too, which helped with speed and comfort. My residency production was double my aegd team. Despite being 70/90 ranked in my dental school, somehow I was refered to as a gunner in residency 😂. I was there to learn and I did as much as I could.

I think everyone is usually on the same page 2-3 years into private practice . But I did think the program helped me be more comfortable sooner. Within two months I was running two chairs in the office. It helped me keep on schedule. Helped me not ask for help as often. I think I would have been fine without it but it definitely helped smoothed the transition and that alone was worth it for me. I enjoyed my learning environment. And i continue to take CE. I’m actually almost eligible for my FAGD by next month.

It is human nature to think the grass is always greener. In your case it more than likely is not. Just sayin"

I did talk to a friend recently that collected 1.2 million at heartland last year in Florida in their 3rd year out. Definitely an eye opening. But gives me something more to strive for; maybe own eventually. Maybe I could be earning more money else where but i always have fun coming to work here

First year

View attachment 364368

Second year
View attachment 364367

Been at my private office for 2 years and 3 months. I take home 35% of the total listed. I was around 180-190k for the first year after some adjustments. Should be around 220k for the second year. Took a two week vacation. I Work four days a week.

Any questions ? Been doing ama since first year of dental school. Posted money figures since it’s not commonly talked about.
Appreciate you sharing this with all of us! I look forward to seeing your growth in the years to come; it's quite impressive.

Could you post your some of your usual daily schedules?

Ub aged.
I did 29 implant in my program, almost triple the average. So that helped being able to do some straight forward cases. That also helped being more comfortable with tissue reflection. I did get some surgical extraction experience and that helped too, especially in my area where full mouth extractions aren’t too uncommon. I did a fair amount of crowns too, which helped with speed and comfort. My residency production was double my aegd team. Despite being 70/90 ranked in my dental school, somehow I was refered to as a gunner in residency 😂. I was there to learn and I did as much as I could.

I think everyone is usually on the same page 2-3 years into private practice . But I did think the program helped me be more comfortable sooner. Within two months I was running two chairs in the office. It helped me keep on schedule. Helped me not ask for help as often. I think I would have been fine without it but it definitely helped smoothed the transition and that alone was worth it for me. I enjoyed my learning environment. And i continue to take CE. I’m actually almost eligible for my FAGD by next month.

I did talk to a friend recently that collected 1.2 million at heartland last year in Florida in their 3rd year out. Definitely an eye opening. But gives me something more to strive for; maybe own eventually. Maybe I could be earning more money else where but i always have fun coming to work here
is this university of buffalo aegd orr..?