Test Tools SDN Test Prep Week - May 18-22

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We are delighted to participate again in SDN's annual Test Prep Week.

We will be offering 2 General Chemistry Destroyers and 2 Organic Chemistry Odysseys

Winners will be chosen from amongst those who ask questions or otherwise contribute meaningfully to discussion.”

Good luck to all!

Dr. Jim Romano And Nancy Steen

prod_ORGCHEMCover.jpg

Dr. Jim Romano, New York University Graduate, Ashe Bowman Scholarship winner, and American Chemical Society member has created an innovative, problem-solving book for Organic Chemistry. Orgoman Organic Chemistry Odyssey offers insight to over 900 different problems as Dr. Romano allows you to peek into his clandestine world that opens his files to exam type problems and extremely detailed solutions completed by Dr. Romano personally. The book is electrifying and will be a vital tool to students enrolled in Organic class or students taking the DAT, MCAT, PCAT, OAT or GRE. You will be almost as excited about it as he! Let's begin on a journey of learning, and explore this wonderful world of Organic Chemistry.
Best of luck to all!

Table of Contents

1. Concepts in Organic Chemistry
  2. Acids and Bases
  3. Cycloalkanes & Radicals
  4. Stereochemistry
  5. Elimination Reactions
  6. Alkenes
  7. Alkynes
  8. Substitution Reactions
  9. Alcohols
  10. Ethers
  11. Alcohols and Ethers II
  12. Aromatics
  13. Aldehydes and Ketones
  14. Carbonyl Compounds
  15. Spectroscopy
  16. Amines
  17. Carbohydrates
  18. Amino Acids
  19. Fatty Acids
  20. Lab Techniques

prod_GENCHEMCover.jpg

I have been teaching students for more than 30 years and from my experience students taking exams face 2 major problems. The first is running out time and the 2nd is not having a sound foundation in the concepts. The ideal situation to master General Chemistry is to study one of the popular modern text books from cover to cover and solve every problem. Obviously this is not practical because there are hundreds of pages of material. At my school, Romano Scientific in NY my students excel on exams because before we tackle any problems we spend many hours reviewing my lecture notes to build a solid foundation. I have often been asked to develop a book for General Chemistry to help with the General Chemistry course as well as the MCAT, DAT, OAT and other such tests. Good news, I have obliged and released my notes for students to use. There are many great companies that offer materials that drill problem after problem, however before anyone can solve problems it is critical to have a clear understanding of the basic concepts. My general chemistry notes will give you that needed foundation.

Instead of thousands of pages of lecture notes I have included the essential material and have explained it in easy to understand language. Do not worry about the nice calculations where all the numbers are easy, feel free to use a calculator on these problems. On your multiple choice exams the numbers will be easier and much nicer. For now just focus on the material and understand the concept. I have also included a few challenge problems for the brave souls who want a deeper understanding of the material. The chapters are not very long and a slow and steady pace will allow you to master these concepts. Only after you master this material, do I recommend trying practice problems from other sources.

Table of Contents

1. Concept Introduction
  2. Electronic Structure Of Atoms
  3. Periodic Relationships
  4. Chemical Bonding
  5. Molecular Geometry
  6. Gases
  7. Thermochemistry
  8. Solution Chemistry
  9. Chemical Equilibrium
  10. Acid Base I
  11. Acid Base II
  12. Solubility And Simultaneous Equilibrium
  13. Chemical Kinetics
  14. Thermodynamics
  15. Electrochemistry
  16. Nuclear Chemistry
  17. Practice Exam
I hope you enjoy my work, as I have been honored preparing it for you. Wishing you the best as you prepare for your future careers.

Members don't see this ad.