SDN Blocked on government computers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umkcdds

Army OMS
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried to log into SDN today and was given a message saying that it was blocked because it was labeled as a bulletin board/message board.
This has just happened in the last day or two. Anyone else have this happen? It happened when I tried to open this page from the computer in my office at the dental clinic.

Members don't see this ad.

i was on SDN earlier this week at my clinic but not since wednesday...ill check monday morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Over here in Iraq all forums/message boards are blocked on government computers. I think it has to do both with security and the use of bandwidth since it's limited.

currently posting from my clinic, as my tech preps for an endo access fill. woot for crazy foreign dentistry!

As far as I know, each installation maintains its own blocked sites list. I could access all kinds of things up at Ft Lewis, but down at Ft Hood I can't check hardly any sites. I particularly like the blocked message for www.wikipedia.org - "educational/reference". What kind of ***** would make a listing of eductional and reference sites that should be blocked? Thankfully the ***** who thinks education and references are bad doesn't realize that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page works just as well and that address isn't blocked.

they're also a violation of the terms of use agreement you have to go through everytime you log onto a DoD computer. will IT catch you? probably not. does that make it allowable for an officer to engage in such an activity? heck no.