scores back in 10 days ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmd2010

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
damn that number is both scary and too large. i want my scores back ASAP but i don't want them either. i've been enjoying myself wayyyy too much inthese last post-step 1 days and god, getting a bad score would be the worst possible thing. 10 days left! Why is that our profession puts all the marbles in single day tests? What about 2 years of hardwork in med school, I think that should count more...I guess it would be different since every school has a different system!

Members don't see this ad.

I took my test on July 2nd. Does anyone know when the scores for the July takers will be reported?

Members don't see this ad :)
10 days! that seems like a long time, but compared to how long we have been waiting (took my exam june 4), i guess its not much. eek.

I'm gonna be in south america without internet access when scores are released - but i took my test near the end of june so i can't complain too much. so july 20 (when i return) isn't too bad anyway - just a little frustrating.

the website will be so busy July 15th at 11:58 that nobody will be able to log on.

yeah pretty much every med student in the nation is going to be checking step 1 scores that night. i might have to have like 3 to 4 pints of miller lite before i check mine to calm my nerves though. or i think i might just go to the bars and get smashed and then come back at 3 am to check my score. might as well check it at 3 since the nbme website is going to be completely jammed.

I predict my vitals for that evening:

RR: 35 HR: 190 BP: 210/140 (this may lead to progress to malignant HTN)
ABG: pH: 7.51 p02: 95 PC02: 14 HCO3: 25, respiratory alkalosis.

god dammit i need to stop thinking about this damn test...

yeah pretty much every med student in the nation is going to be checking step 1 scores that night. i might have to have like 3 to 4 pints of miller lite before i check mine to calm my nerves though. or i think i might just go to the bars and get smashed and then come back at 3 am to check my score. might as well check it at 3 since the nbme website is going to be completely jammed.

I predict my vitals for that evening:

RR: 35 HR: 190 BP: 210/140 (this may lead to progress to malignant HTN)
ABG: pH: 7.51 p02: 95 PC02: 14 HCO3: 25, respiratory alkalosis.

god dammit i need to stop thinking about this damn test...

my lab report:

pH: 6.9 (profound resp. acidosis due to massive opioid overdose [sad attempt to dull the pain])

id love to throw in my presumed lab results, cept i took the test so long ago that i dont even remember what they are

I suppose this is a bad time to point out that July 16th is only a projected date for results and it could very well be extended if they feel they need more time...

Members don't see this ad :)
ugh, yea....but u had to mention it eh? lol, the test has changed substantially so who knows what they are gonna do abt it...it seems like last year they were on target with the projected (ahem, delayed) score reporting but as we all kno, its a pretty different exam this yr.

whats everybody doing in the meantime? Im going crazy and playing xbox... Halo anyone?

I have my pathology fellowship.. but unfortunately, I am on micro this month, which leaves me with way too much time to think about scores.

Someone posted in a different thread that their administration said those who took the test up until june 24th will get their scores back on the 16th. Everyone else will have to wait till 4 wednesdays pass.

Not sure if this is true but I figured I would post it here too.

I'm glad I'm on call next Wednesday night, even if it is just short call.

I called the nbme this morning to clarify the confusion about what exam date will be in included in the score reporting on july 16th and the lady told me that it is not known what date will be included. She said that they just left it at "late june" and a date has not been established. Not really sure where that dean got that date of the "24th". maybe he has some inside connection.

hope this helps.

i took it on the 27th, based on that, this tuesday night may not be looking good for me based on the fact that it's only been 2 weeks since i took it and most people usually wait 3-4 weeks.

when, specifically, are the results posted on the 16th? 12:00 a.m. pacific or eastern? or is it later in the day? anyone know?

when, specifically, are the results posted on the 16th? 12:00 a.m. pacific or eastern? or is it later in the day? anyone know?
Good question. Are they released at midnight? And in whose timezone? And if someone in that timezone developed uromysotysis and didn't want to tell his step-grandson, what should you say?
A. F*** you and everyone else until I get my score
B. You need a 2 pints of Kramer
C. You need 4 pints of appletini
D. I never get these goddang psuedo-ethicalesque questions right
E. If I were an enzyme I would be a sucksinass

i feel like that lady in the commercial from the 90's, standing in front of the store at 4am saying, "Open Open open open open open"

i think someone addressed this in a thread already but I can't find it...

how do we get our scores? check the website? snailmail? email?

i feel like that lady in the commercial from the 90's, standing in front of the store at 4am saying, "Open Open open open open open"

i think someone addressed this in a thread already but I can't find it...

how do we get our scores? check the website? snailmail? email?

you get an email indicating your score is available and to check the website

you get an email indicating your score is available and to check the website

So is this the first year we can see it online?

I am getting more and more stressed as this is getting closer. Now I'm worried that my answers somehow didn't get marked or something ridiculous like that. :scared:

i keep having this dream in which the dean of our school brings us all into the auditorium and we open our score letters in front of everyone. last night, my letter said 110 and the guy next to me (who looked like michael j fox from the family ties days and definitely not like any member of my actual med school class) had a 292. clearly i am on the brink of insanity.

i took the test on thursday, june 26.

should i expect to receive my results this wednesday?

or should i anticipate waiting a few more wednesdays?

i still don't see a "score report date" when i log onto the usmle candidate web page. is anyone having the same problem? also, i spoke with people who took the exam last year and was told that snail mail was the only method of receiving a score. has the reporting policy changed this year?

Only when the scores are available will there be a link in the score report date box. So those persons getting their scores next week will see a link only when the scores become available, not a minute before.

I'm glad I'm on call next Wednesday night, even if it is just short call.

Yes!

I just noticed I'm on call that night too till 10 PM- should keep my mind occupied :laugh:

A part of me wants to just put off looking at my scores for a month or so.

Yes!

I just noticed I'm on call that night too till 10 PM- should keep my mind occupied :laugh:

A part of me wants to just put off looking at my scores for a month or so.

no chance! let's be honest with ourselves. You'll check it while you're on call if you have to. you'll step out on a patient in order to check.

maybe i'm just projecting.

Man I was fine until I came on this site and saw that there is a possiblity that I might be getting my scores on Wed. Now its all I'm thinking about....I'll be pissed if I don't get it on Wed and have to wait another week....I might go insane

no chance! let's be honest with ourselves. You'll check it while you're on call if you have to. you'll step out on a patient in order to check.

maybe i'm just projecting.

Who am I kidding... you're right!

We do have internet access on the ward but I don't want my attending to see my hyperventilating as I check my score.

So I just called the USMLE to clarify the "late june" issue (which scores are going to be reported on wed).

She said that she was not sure but thought that it would include June 28th.

yeah so does anyone know what time they are actually released? is it midnight eastern time? central time?

it seems neurotic to care the exact minute they will be available, but i'm sure i won't be sleeping anyway. i'll be like a kid the night before christmas (a really really messed up christmas where you don't know what you're going to get and it might really suck).

eeek.

in the past ppl receive an email when their score is online. so i say wait for the email after 0001 on wednesday.

at the moment, 40 post yet almost 4000 views.. we are curious/anxious alrite and have the need to click and check on something.. 2 more days to go...

g'luck to all sdn folks !!

So is that going to be Wednesday at 0001 or later???????

She said that they will be viewable at 12:01 am.

in the past ppl receive an email when their score is online. so i say wait for the email after 0001 on wednesday.

She also said that the e-mails wont go out until they get into the office on wednesday so your score, if it is going to be released on wed, is going to be up before the email goes out.

Now I am not sure how reliable the lady I talked to was but she seems like as reliable a source as we are going to get.

Just called NBME(215)590-9500 Scores will be up after 12:01am and before 8am wednesday morn.

jesus christ I feel like vomiting after finding out that I am very likely to get my scores tomm nite. I also called nbme today and the above info is accurate. many of u are lucky as u will receive excellent scores tomm and will get into something of ure choice. I wish all of u the best tomm!!!!

Just called NBME(215)590-9500 Scores will be up after 12:01am and before 8am wednesday morn.