score help

HSG

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what would be the minimum score for the sat to have applying for a bachelors to San Francisco state university, San Jose state university and U.C. Davis.

Members don't see this ad.

the theoretical minimum score should be listed somewhere on their websites. or you could call them...for the minimum score that will likely get you in, sorry i have no idea. the middle 50% scores should also be on their sites though.

i looked on the site and i couldn't find the results

Members don't see this ad :)
the minimum score you are able to have to be 'eligible' is different for most schools and it is dependant on your gpa. with a higher gpa, you are allowed to have a lower SAT score to satisfy the 'eligible' requirement. however striving just to be 'eligible' doesn't cut it as competitive now a days.

http://www.sfsu.edu/~bulletin/current/eligindx.htm

my advice to you is to get the best scores and gpa you can. i bet you'll get into san francisco state no problem.

ok now a question kinda off topic but kinda stupid at the same time ... is it mandatory to take the sat to even apply and get in to a four year college or i can get in with out the sat

check collegeboard.com, they have rough estimates of 50%...you want to get in the middle to top of the scores listed.

Collegeboard.com all the way!

ok now a question kinda off topic but kinda stupid at the same time ... is it mandatory to take the sat to even apply and get in to a four year college or i can get in with out the sat

The majority of colleges require the SAT/ACT for admission, but there are some schools that don't require Standardized Test scores.

Here's a list of those that don't require test scores...Good luck.
http://fairtest.org/university/optional

Just because some colleges list them as "optional" doesn't mean that you shouldn't take them. If I have applicant A, who scored a 1650 on her SAT and got all A's in high school, and applicant B, who has no SAT score and got A's and B's in high school, chances are, I'm going to go with applicant A.

Take them. Trust me, this is a hundred bucks that you won't regret spending.

Just because some colleges list them as "optional" doesn't mean that you shouldn't take them. If I have applicant A, who scored a 1650 on her SAT and got all A's in high school, and applicant B, who has no SAT score and got A's and B's in high school, chances are, I'm going to go with applicant A.

Take them. Trust me, this is a hundred bucks that you won't regret spending.

Well, this can be argued and it really depends on what the school is looking for. Though SAT optional means that they "recommend" you take it...applying to one of the better SAT optional schools with low SAT scores like 1650 (low because its one of the better schools, im comparing it to there ranges) it can potentially end up hurting than helping.

Advice to the OP...find the SAT optional schools but its recommended you take them. Remmember if you dont do so well you DONT have to submit them. One really good school i can think of, that is SAT optional, is Wakeforest University.

Ah, but you can take the SAT and ACT without submitting it to any schools. If you're that afraid of how bad you'll do, take it and get your results, and then decide if you want to send it out.

ETA: Oops. Sorry, EyEnStein 07 (BTW, has anyone ever told you that you have difficult name to retype? Jesus Christ on a cracker), didn't realize that you'd said that.