Schwab Rehab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Duncan

Rehabologist
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just got an invitation to interview at Schwab in Chicago. I'm having a hard time finding any information about this program or finding anybody who is a resident there. Anybody have any comments about this place?

Thanks!

Oh by the way here's my list so far...
Invites: Indiana U, UW-Madison, Case Western, Rush U, Schwab Rehab, and U Missouri-Columbia
Rejections: U Washington, U Virginia

Members don't see this ad.

Duncan said:
Hey everybody,

I just got an invitation to interview at Schwab in Chicago. I'm having a hard time finding any information about this program or finding anybody who is a resident there. Anybody have any comments about this place?

Thanks!

Oh by the way here's my list so far...
Invites: Indiana U, UW-Madison, Case Western, Rush U, Schwab Rehab, and U Missouri-Columbia
Rejections: U Washington, U Virginia

congrats!
question: did you take step 2 already? I talked to someone at Rush and she told me they didn't offer interviews unless you had already taken it.

pros:
solid attendings for the most part
U of C affiliation
fairly new building and facilities

cons:
little research
rather inpatient heavy
rotate at multiple hospitals - Schwab is home base, but you go to UofC as well (Schwab is nowhere near UofC campus by the way)
no pm&r fellowships I know of
Schwab is in an absolute ghetto wasteland, not safe to even go out to your car alone at night.
Affiliation with Sinai is a huge negative in my book.

Last year they really emphasized the UofC affiliation - took us over to the main hospital campus for tours and food etc. Then they shuttled us out to Schwab for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!
question: did you take step 2 already? I talked to someone at Rush and she told me they didn't offer interviews unless you had already taken it.

I have taken the COMLEX Step 2 and the COMLEX-PE, but I haven't gotten the results yet. A classmate of mine just got his results 12 weeks (!) after he took his test.

Hey Gauss, why is Schwab´s affiliation with Sinai such a negative thing? I´m interviewing there too. Thanks for any extra thoughts you could share!