Schools that will Review your App without MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudentwannab111

Reaction score
Does anyone have a list/ is there a list somewhere of schools that will review your application/send secondaries without having your MCAT scores in? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if there is a list anywhere. Besides, some schools love to send secondaries to everyone just so they get more money from you. I think you want to know the converse: which schools screen your applications and won't send you secondaries without your MCAT scores.

Please note, not having Casper/PREview scores when required also could put your application on hold.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
There are many schools that will send you a secondary with a pending MCAT score.
I think you should at least have the date of your upcoming test on the application.

However, it's hard to select an appropriate school list without knowing what your score is, so I think you should know what it is before embarking on an application cycle,
and
you are NOT going to get past the secondary essay phase (to be considered for an interview) until you give them your MCAT score.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I strongly suggest that you do not apply (except to one throwaway school in order to get verified) until your app is complete.

Otherwise, you'll just be wasting your time and theirs.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly optimistic, if not pathologically naive!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I strongly suggest that you do not apply (except to one throwaway school in order to get verified) until your app is complete.

Otherwise, you'll just be wasting your time and theirs.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly optimistic, if not pathologically naive!
@Goro thanks for letting me know!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Thoughts on applying to medical school early decision? Or experiences of students who have applied early decision?

Thoughts on applying to medical school early decision? Or experiences of students who have applied early decision?
I have merged your threads to maintain the context of your app progress.

If you will not have an MCAT score by June, that is all the more reason to not seek out early decision.

Reactions: 2 users
I think the deadline to have Early Decision application materials in depends on the school(some have a deadline mid August so I could still my mcat mid july). Is there rolling admissions within Early decision?

I think the deadline to have Early Decision application materials in depends on the school(some have a deadline mid August so I could still my mcat mid july). Is there rolling admissions within Early decision?
There are past threads that detail Early Decision that you can search for, but the short version is that Early Decision is specifically for high stat individuals who have met with admissions one on one, months in advance, to discuss their app and were given the go ahead to apply ED. It is not meant as an easy way to automatically increase your chances of getting accepted.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users