Schools Don’t Communicate with Each Other, Right?? Please Ease My Nerves

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chpiib

Reaction score
X

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was recently accepted into a DO school, and while I’m over the moon about starting medical school (and not having to take the MCAT a 3rd time), I’m still waiting to hear back from some MD schools.

The doctor I work for knows I have been accepted into the DO school (which happens to be the one his kid goes to), and the other day I told him that I recently got an II to another MD school. He mentioned that he heard some schools could possibly pull an A or call other schools if a student is interviewing there.

I doubt that is true, but the more I think about it, the more anxious I get. Just need someone to tell me there’s no way that happens, as I don’t want to jeopardize the opportunities I have.
MD and DO schools use different app portals and do not compare notes like that.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You'll be fine. Keep in mind that some DO schools have aggressive deposit schedules that if you don't pay their deposit, you'll lose your spot. Check with the DO school you've been accepted to and clarify when that deadline is.

Reactions: 1 users
Do schools within each do that? Like one MD school to another?
MD schools won’t know where else you applied. They will know if you chose PTE or CTE to a different school after April 30th, but not which specific school.

Reactions: 2 users
Do schools within each do that? Like one MD school to another?
No.
At the post where AMCAS applicants start marking "Plan to enroll", another school considering you can see that you have marked PTE "Somewhere", but they don't know which of the multitude of schools it is.

Reactions: 1 users