School won't release MSPE/Dean's letter - how to apply to programs outside of ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grnblueyez928

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys longtime lurker but first time poster. I unfortunately did not match or SOAP into an OBGYN position this year. I have had my heart set on OBGYN since I was a little girl. My stats were okay but not the greatest -
Step1: 219
Level 1: 55x
Step 2: 23x
Level 2: 55x

I have no red flags except maybe I am applying from a DO school. Anyways, I am trying to match into a position outside of the match and many newly accredited programs require you email them a bunch of documents including the MSPE/Dean's letter. My school has a policy that they will not give students their letters. Is this common? The school said they can only mail (not email) the MSPE/Dean's letters, but the application postings specifically want all the documents to be emailed together in one package. Has anyone dealt with this before or know what I can do?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys longtime lurker but first time poster. I unfortunately did not match or SOAP into an OBGYN position this year. I have had my heart set on OBGYN since I was a little girl. My stats were okay but not the greatest -
Step1: 219
Level 1: 55x
Step 2: 23x
Level 2: 55x

I have no red flags except maybe I am applying from a DO school. Anyways, I am trying to match into a position outside of the match and many newly accredited programs require you email them a bunch of documents including the MSPE/Dean's letter. My school has a policy that they will not give students their letters. Is this common? The school said they can only mail (not email) the MSPE/Dean's letters, but the application postings specifically want all the documents to be emailed together in one package. Has anyone dealt with this before or know what I can do?
Send the program the excerpt from the Student Handbook and let them know that the MSPE is on the way (consistent with your school policy).