School Match Lists **Unofficial**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that's not what i'm saying at all. "reputation" ...be it undergrad, med school, residency program etc is extremely important at every stage. my point is that sometimes name recognition by lay people does not translate into the best reputation among people in the field.

I also think name recognition in the medical field is exaggerated. I thought U penn, wash u, and univ. of Chicago seemed like very unpleasant places to train, and if you look at their board pass rates they are often lower than pleasant state university programs like Indiana university, university of Florida, etc. I think the whole prestige thing is ridiculous, but, unfortunately, it is still important for jobs/fellowships.

Members don't see this ad.

So I don't have a list for ATSU-SOMA yet, but we did get an email from the dean this morning announcing that we had a 100% match rate, zero who had to go through SOAP.

The list should be published soon.

Our class did well in the match this year but there were people who went through the SOAP. The 100% match rate is misleading because it includes people who matched in the SOAP/Scramble.

Our class did well in the match this year but there were people who went through the SOAP. The 100% match rate is misleading because it includes people who matched in the SOAP/Scramble.

Yes, I learned that shortly after posting the news. So question then, do you think the other schools on the list we were sent (without names) matched that many students after scramble? 85% at one school, yikes!

Members don't see this ad :)
You may wish to reread the new TOS before you end up banned for not contributing to threads.

To stay on topic, I guarantee schools fudge the results at least somewhat. When they say 100% match it is almost certain that they are including people who SOAPed and did the AOA scramble. The national average for DO students going ACGME is apparently 75%ish.

There are VERY FEW (if any) schools with 100% match rate (DO and MD) without counting SOAP/Scramble/etc.

Also, FYI, the 75% match rate is for PGY1 only spots (read the fine print). Therefore, folks who matched into advance/PGY2 spots and failed to match into prelim spots pre-SOAP are counted as unmatched despite the fact that they actually matched into their specialty. Essentially all of them will end up with a PGY1 spot after the match. Nobody actually knows the true match rate for DOs, expect NRMP of course, but if I had to guess, it would be in the low 80s% on the ACGME side.

Congrats on matching EM/IM; I hope that program was one of your top choices and best of luck in your career. We have had few arguments under a different username (which I have retired now) and I'm glad everything worked out for you. I hope you now have a little better opinion of your profession (or maybe not)!

well since i've already waded into this thread i might as well go all the way....

this is the kind of comment a premed would make and think he's got it all figured out. assuming that top students will choose "competitive" specialties is simply wrong. also what premeds and even some med students think are competitive specialties are not as competitive as you may think. the most obvious example here is anesthesia which is popular with some because it is a lifestyle specialty but is in no way a competitive specialty. On the other hand IM, despite being a "primary care" specialty, is extremely competitive at mid- and top-tier university programs. So saying "they had x anesthesia matches" means nothing....those programs aren't that hard to match at and in fact there were a bunch of anesthesia spots unfilled this year.

Which specialty you apply to is almost entirely based on personal choice/preference but the program (or program type) you match into within that specialty is an excellent reflection of how you are viewed as a student and your school's reputation.

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with your last paragraph. In fact, IMHO, the best measure of a school's match list is the IM (and possibly Peds, but to a lesser extent) match list. All strong programs have great IM/peds matches and weaker programs have very weak IM/peds matches (on both sides of the accreditation divide). It is one of the few measurements that almost never fails. It is one of the easiest (some random community program) and one of the hardest (MGH, et al) to match into. Most apparent reason is that almost every class has a good proportion of students that genuinely want to go IM and its subspecialties. It is understood that "better" (bigger name programs) provide "better" (however you want to define that) training and also those programs are available in essentially all regions of the country. Therefore, most people will shoot for the bigger name places. Also, most IM rank lists (for the most part and at least on the ACGME Uni side) are committee based decisions therefore, not much is achieved by friendships/away rotations/etc, although they may be helpful.

Disclaimer: I'm a DO and an IM resident at one of those top programs, so I may have drank the Kool-Aid.

haven't seen that specific program's fellowship match list and honestly didn't apply to the program because i knew it was less competitive as evidenced by having it's fair share of DOs and IMGs (sorry but that's one of the main criteria people use to assess the desirability of a residency program)

Yaaay! Won't have to worry about having people like you at my program! Maybe that was the whole reason my PD ranked me; to weed out people like you! Either way a win-win situation for my program!

While pre-meds are ignorant, you have the opposite problem - knowing too much and it clouds the simple fact: perception is reality. Going to a place with the name "Cleveland Clinic" is only going to help your career. Not hurt it.

"Ohhhh, but they are fellow run." Or some other such nonsense. Clouded in the minutae, you miss the big picture. Strutting around with that on your resume helps in innumerable ways.

On a different note: isn't this a match list thread?

Have to agree with other posters, CCF, especially for IM residency, is not that impressive (it's not top tier or even close to top tier). Anybody whose professional opinion matters, knows this. Nonetheless it is a very good program and people who matched there should be very proud of themselves and I'm sure they will make great physicians.

There are VERY FEW (if any) schools with 100% match rate (DO and MD) without counting SOAP/Scramble/etc.

Also, FYI, the 75% match rate is for PGY1 only spots (read the fine print). Therefore, folks who matched into advance/PGY2 spots and failed to match into prelim spots pre-SOAP are counted as unmatched despite the fact that they actually matched into their specialty. Essentially all of them will end up with a PGY1 spot after the match. Nobody actually knows the true match rate for DOs, expect NRMP of course, but if I had to guess, it would be in the low 80s% on the ACGME side.

Congrats on matching EM/IM; I hope that program was one of your top choices and best of luck in your career. We have had few arguments under a different username (which I have retired now) and I'm glad everything worked out for you. I hope you now have a little better opinion of your profession (or maybe not)!

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with your last paragraph. In fact, IMHO, the best measure of a school's match list is the IM (and possibly Peds, but to a lesser extent) match list. All strong programs have great IM/peds matches and weaker programs have very weak IM/peds matches (on both sides of the accreditation divide). It is one of the few measurements that almost never fails. It is one of the easiest (some random community program) and one of the hardest (MGH, et al) to match into. Most apparent reason is that almost every class has a good proportion of students that genuinely want to go IM and its subspecialties. It is understood that "better" (bigger name programs) provide "better" (however you want to define that) training and also those programs are available in essentially all regions of the country. Therefore, most people will shoot for the bigger name places. Also, most IM rank lists (for the most part and at least on the ACGME Uni side) are committee based decisions therefore, not much is achieved by friendships/away rotations/etc, although they may be helpful.

Disclaimer: I'm a DO and an IM resident at one of those top programs, so I may have drank the Kool-Aid.

Yaaay! Won't have to worry about having people like you at my program! Maybe that was the whole reason my PD ranked me; to weed out people like you! Either way a win-win situation for my program!

Have to agree with other posters, CCF, especially for IM residency, is not that impressive (it's not top tier or even close to top tier). Anybody whose professional opinion matters, knows this. Nonetheless it is a very good program and people who matched there should be very proud of themselves and I'm sure they will make great physicians.

Ahh thanks for the info. I am still conflicted about the DO profession to be honest. While I was able to match well, it was with very little, to any, assistance from my school. So, there is definately frustration there that will likely never go away. I am fully aware that with my same scores, if I had gone MD, things would have been easier. It still worked out fine, but that knowledge is hard to just let go. Perhaps in time.

Yeah don't kid yourself - everyone in your program also cares about reputation. Even you, at your self-proclaimed "top" place (not your "happy" IM program or "amazing fit" IM program).

Yeah don't kid yourself - everyone in your program also cares about reputation. Even you, at your self-proclaimed "top" place (not your "happy" IM program or "amazing fit" IM program).

Well, that was a random post.... Who said I didn't care about its reputation? How you assess a program's reputation was the purpose of my post....

Haha... I almost feel like you must go to my school if I didn't already know that you didn't. That feeling sucks, doesn't it? I know it's something that I'm feeling now and I'm just finishing up 3rd year but I have been saying the same thing for awhile. In fact, I said it early because I was paying attention and not "dazed" by the fact that I was in med school as much as some of my classmates and they always said "Oh, you're just complaining... you should be happy they gave you a chance!" and to that I say true, but I'm not happy that they JUST gave me a chance and didn't follow up with the SUPPORT that I know I see others getting at other places. The funny part is that now, 2.5ish years later, most of those same people that said that to me are complaining and saying the same things, lol! Maybe it's "the grass is always greener" syndrome or maybe I/we really did get shortchanged by ending up at a place where we get little to no support or assistance in achieving what we want (in my case I REALLY sometimes feel like it's resistance rather than support) but in the end you got what you wanted and I am hopeful I will as well but only time will tell. Hard to get over that frustration though that your school doesn't do everything they can to assure your success. Now the question... is that a DO vs MD school thing or is it just that we ended up at "bad" DO schools and the support and assistance is much greater at other schools? That I do not know...

I certainly can't speak to your last point (whether it's an MD vs DO issue or you just ended up at a bad DO school), but the consideration is something that pre-medical students should indeed weigh; unfortunately, it's far more "accepted" on the boards and IRL to hide from/downplay that fact and cluelessly trumpet the fact that "you at least got into a medical school, anything is possible!" without having at least a cursory ability to delineate possibility from probability.

I am sorry you both found yourselves dealing with the circumstances you've described. It would behoove students in the future to realize that there can be serious limitations/hurdles to overcome depending on school choice, and to not downplay this fact.

That is why it is crucial to stay informed on this whole process since our schools do not do a very good job of doing so. SDN is great for that, if you can weed through a lot of the BS posts. Otherwise, it is important to join specialty societies in whatever field you are thinking about and find a mentor through these organization. As I said at some point, maybe another thread, I was very involved with EMRA and think that it helped me tremendously. The information is out there, instead of being handed it through our school, we just need to go out and take it.

My school didn't do much to inform us of the residency application process. Luckily for me, I am very knowledgeable after being on this site for almost 5 years. The wealth of information you can glean from this site is limitless. I was asked numerous questions about the process from my classmates and was able to answer most. I took the knowledge and made a document detailing the process and now it's available to future applicants. I am hoping it makes their lives easier when its their turn to apply.

We don't have a residency advisor at my school. We have to do vast amounts of research just to figure out things people from other schools may get by talking to someone. We have to make documents for other classes to use so it's easier for them. We have to "stalk", "harass", or find anyway we can to talk to residents/attendings in specialties or certain hospitals at which we want to train. The alumni of our school and DOs in competitive fields become our advisors, assuming they want to help.

Some days I thought I was a better applicant having done a lot of research myself. Other days I wish I had a coordinator, an advisor, a mentor at my school to speak to if I had any questions. Ideally it would be both.

Haha... I almost feel like you must go to my school if I didn't already know that you didn't. That feeling sucks, doesn't it? I know it's something that I'm feeling now and I'm just finishing up 3rd year but I have been saying the same thing for awhile. In fact, I said it early because I was paying attention and not "dazed" by the fact that I was in med school as much as some of my classmates and they always said "Oh, you're just complaining... you should be happy they gave you a chance!" and to that I say true, but I'm not happy that they JUST gave me a chance and didn't follow up with the SUPPORT that I know I see others getting at other places. The funny part is that now, 2.5ish years later, most of those same people that said that to me are complaining and saying the same things, lol! Maybe it's "the grass is always greener" syndrome or maybe I/we really did get shortchanged by ending up at a place where we get little to no support or assistance in achieving what we want (in my case I REALLY sometimes feel like it's resistance rather than support) but in the end you got what you wanted and I am hopeful I will as well but only time will tell. Hard to get over that frustration though that your school doesn't do everything they can to assist in your success. Now the question... is that a DO vs MD school thing or is it just that we ended up at "bad" DO schools and the support and assistance are much greater at other DO schools? That I do not know. I know there probably some MD schools that are about as bad as ours in the support/assistance aspect, but by and large I don't think that's the norm and I also think it wouldn't be as bad to have to overcome some lack of support when you come from an MD school and don't have to face the "DO trying to go ACGME" tag plus getting no assistance when trying to do it. Oh well, such is life...

You are not alone. I also attend a DO school but pretty sure we go to different schools. I assume you go to Touro-NV? Im not too far away

This is one thing that I truly downplayed when coming into school. I did drink the Koolaid and said "well, I got into med school" and was just happy with that (still am) but really didn't look into the future of what that meant for me and whether or not "just getting in" vs getting what you truly wanted would be so significant (it is). That would be my advice to those trying to decide now or in the future... really think about it and realize what you're getting yourself into. I think one positive is that this is really making me try to take this approach when looking at residency. I'm not going to be awestruck and just happy with the fact that "someone" will take me... I'm going to do my best, even as a mediocre applicant, to ensure I end up in a place that truly fits and makes me happy rather than just be thankful that someone would give me a spot and stop trying right there (meaning that in terms of effort during the whole process and on auditions if I get some early success/interest). See the process through, get ALL the information, and make a completely informed decision... at least that's my approach. Oh well, derailed this thread enough for now I guess....

I agree with this. I 100% would not attend the same school again, even if it was free. Lets put it this way, it wasn't like the website described or what the smiling med students given the tour described it to be:laugh: (Of course I understand now that the students giving the tours are the class suck ups, claim the program is perfect, and represent a small fraction of the class).

Also, I realized that I listened WAY too much to pre-meds on SDN and what they thought about each school without realizing the obvious that they have no idea what med school is like. (and SDN is still like that now). Everyone claims to know someone at X school, but that doesn't mean they actually know anything. For that matter, its not even a good idea to listen to advice from first years as a pre-med since first years are still in the star gaze of "wow, im in medical school. Oh look a stethoscope, NEAT" and they haven't hit board studying period or rotations which is the true test of a schools strength.

I mentioned in another post the importance of picking a pre-clinical curriculum with EXCELLENT board prep (not ok board prep), freedom in 3rd year (Not tied down by a mandatory OMM rotation, maybe EM if the school offers it, or # electives) , and the quality of 3rd year rotation sites. A less important factor (but still important) would be support, mentors, and opportunities at a school. This means research, shadowing, and getting real experience in different fields. Does the school have a teaching hospital, meaning you can walk across the street during afternoons off and shadow a cardiologist etc? Does the school have QUALIFIED mentors? Mine sure doesnt. We have like 10 family physicians, a few in OMM, and 3 hospitalists giving advice for medical fields that they are not familiar with. The advice/mentorship is brutal unless you want to go into FM or OMM.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is so true. I got into med school and residency because of SDN. My medical school did a poor job of helping us with the application process.

My school didn't do much to inform us of the residency application process. Luckily for me, I am very knowledgeable after being on this site for almost 5 years. The wealth of information you can glean from this site is limitless. I was asked numerous questions about the process from my classmates and was able to answer most. I took the knowledge and made a document detailing the process and now it's available to future applicants. I am hoping it makes their lives easier when its their turn to apply.

We don't have a residency advisor at my school. We have to do vast amounts of research just to figure out things people from other schools may get by talking to someone. We have to make documents for other classes to use so it's easier for them. We have to "stalk", "harass", or find anyway we can to talk to residents/attendings in specialties or certain hospitals at which we want to train. The alumni of our school and DOs in competitive fields become our advisors, assuming they want to help.

Some days I thought I was a better applicant having done a lot of research myself. Other days I wish I had a coordinator, an advisor, a mentor at my school to speak to if I had any questions. Ideally it would be both.

makes you wonder why you are paying much in tuition during your 3rd and 4th year, doesn't it?

Yeah, I wonder about this, too. What could be the rational behind this? Could it be due to that DO schools are paying to the hospitals/healthcare providers more than what MD schools do for their 3rd/4th year students to rotate at? Or is it simply the bitter fact that DO schools take advantage of their 3rd/4th year students?

Yeah, I wonder about this, too. What could be the rational behind this? Could it be due to that DO schools are paying to the hospitals/healthcare providers more than what MD schools do for their 3rd/4th year students to rotate at? Or is it simply the bitter fact that DO schools take advantage of their 3rd/4th year students?

No, I know my school doesn't pay for rotations. I think the money goes to opening up other professional schools such as pharmacy, dental, etc. Gotta have brand new, shiny things to attract future applicants.

LOL, glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this. It's really kinda sad that the same story is played out on what seems to be many (if not most) DO campuses around the country and when I talk to my friends who went MD I can't say I ever really hear them mention this. I know it probably does happen at some, but from people I've talked to it just hasn't been an issue for them. Oh well, maybe this stuff should go in some DO vs MD sticky somewhere, lol

The issue is the same complaints (why so expensive for clinical year tuition, why only 1 or 0 advisors in major fields, why do I feel like I get resistance rather than support when I seek help) are at all schools. I can 100% issue you that if the student leaders of every other medical school except my Sinai (who I've actually never had the pleasure of working with) are telling the truth, most of the complaints here are middle of the road for what is out there.

Spent the last three years hearing the complaints of students about their medical education. The reality is.... all administration views students as spoiled primadonnas. All students view admin as cold unreceptive businessman. And the volume of complaints ate the same at elite schools and basic DO schools.
The only illusion is that somehow you have it worse.

I challenge someone to find an MD school that was ok with a nurse being a preceptor on surgery. Yes my school could just suck and be the exception.

I challenge someone to find an MD school that was ok with a nurse being a preceptor on surgery. Yes my school could just suck and be the exception.

Got me there.

Well let me say that there is usually some unique complaints. But they are rare. And it *appears* that DO schools have escaped the rash of sexual harassment and intimidation (beyond the usual surgery resident insulting) among preceptors that is estimated at about 15%-20% of the MD student body (both genders) that is just getting national medical education attention in the last few months. If the appearance of do schools being a bit less frequent with this is true, I'll chalk it up to small miracles.

That is literally the most common complaint I hear lately and its terrifying. Though to be fair, its been something that's been actively asked about lately, so its not shocking im hearing about it.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that was swept under the rug when the accreditation body comes by

After his/her successful match this year, now it's sylvanthus' time to reheat the case and serve it to the accreditation body for a revenge (and an honorary service to the fellow students still studying at the same school.)

Aye likely. Its not really something I can raise too much of a stink over cuz I could see them saying my rotation would have to be repeated or something. So I just bitch on here.

Aye likely. Its not really something I can raise too much of a stink over cuz I could see them saying my rotation would have to be repeated or something. So I just bitch on here.

Well, I'm sure you'll soon get over with it, boss. You made it to the end successfully, which was more important. Congrats. :thumbup:

Yes pay attention premeds, there is a saying that comes to mind, "they can always hurt you more" that you should learn to live by.

This includes students from all campuses and is about 200 of 400+ students. But this is what people have said so far.

Attachments

• LECOM Match List 2013 - Sheet1 (2).pdf
    68.5 KB · Views: 318
This includes students from all campuses and is about 200 of 400+ students. But this is what people have said so far.

Wow, is the Hopkins EM match at the main campus or Bayview?

One thing I don't understand is why DOs can match into top programs of many specialties, except IM, where it appears DOs are restricted to community hospitals. Please correct me if I'm wrong (I know I probably am).

One thing I don't understand is why DOs can match into top programs of many specialties, except IM, where it appears DOs are restricted to community hospitals. Please correct me if I'm wrong (I know I probably am).

I think there's only one Hopkins program for EM.

You are wrong! There are many DOs at many IM university programs of all tiers (except the top 10 [MGH/Hopkins/et al], at least currently). Less in numbers, higher the tier, like everything else in life.

Last edited:

It's main campus Hopkins. Dude who matched there is a stud. Same goes for the neurosurg at Rochester.

Also AFAIK, this list is not all campuses. It should be just Erie and SH. I made the google doc and had our class president forward it to Erie and SH. Bradenton is on a different list-serv. When the official one comes out, it will be all campuses

Thanks to the poster for pulling all the names off the list before posting it.

CCOM 2013 MATCH LIST

Institution Name Program Name City ST
Western Michigan Univ School of Medicine EM Kalamazoo MI
U Rochester/Strong Mem-NY Path Rochester NY
Wright State Univ Boonshoft SOM-OH IM Dayton OH
OUCOM/Metro Health Medical CTR FM Cleveland OH
U Illinois COM-Chicago Anesthesiology Chicago IL
Resurrection Medical Center FM Chicago IL
Exempla St Joseph Hosp-CO FM Denver CO
West U COM/Good Sam Reg Med TRI Corvallis OR
McLaren-Oakland Otolaryngology Pontiac MI
NSUCOM/Largo Med Center IM Largo FL
Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp-IL Psych Park Ridge IL
Rhode Island Hosp/Brown Univ Psych/Neuro Providence RI
Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO Psych St. Louis MO
U Illinois COM-Chicago Med-Peds Chicago IL
Firelands Regional Medical Center TRI Sandusky OH
Botsford Hospital Gen Surg Farmington Hills MI
St. James Hosp & Health FM Olympia Fields IL
MWU-CCOM/Carle Foundation Hospital FM Urbana IL
Cook County-Stroger Hospital-IL IM Chicago IL
Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp-IL PEDS Park Ridge IL
PCOM/Heart of Lancaster IM Philadelphia PA
MWU-CCOM/MacNeal Hospital FM Berwyn IL
NYCOM/St. Barnabas Medical Ctr Neuro Livingston NJ
St. James Hosp & Health EM Olympia Fields IL
St. James Hosp & Health TRI Olympia Fields IL
NYCOM/Maimonides Medical Center PEDS Brooklyn NY
Cleveland Clinic Fdn-OH Ortho Surg Cleveland OH
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr-IL IM Chicago IL
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital IM Clinton Township MI
MWU-CCOM/Swedish Covenant Hosp TRI Chicago IL
St Anthony North Hosp-CO FM Westminster CO
St. James Hosp & Health IM Olympia Fields IL
Natividad Med Ctr-CA FM Salinas CA
MSUCOM/Allegiance Health EM Jackson MI
PCOM/Geisinger Wyoming Valley Gen Surg Wilkes-Barre PA
Genesys Regional Med-Health Park Gen Surg Grand Blanc MI
MSUCOM/Lakeland Regional Med Ctr FM St. Joseph MI
DMUCOM/U Wisconsin Dept Fam Med FM Madison WI
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals Mep Ortho Surg Clinton Township MI
MSUCOM/Munson Medical Center FM Traverse City MI
U Illinois COM-Chicago Neuro Chicago IL
Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp-IL Ob/Gyn Park Ridge IL
St Vincent Charity Med Ctr-OH Prelim Cleveland OH
University of Chicago Child Neurology Chicago IL
Univ Hospitals Richmond Med Ctr TRI Richmond Heights OH
DMC Osteo Division IM Detroit MI
Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp-IL IM Park Ridge IL
St. James Hosp & Health Gen Surg Olympia Fields IL
MSUCOM/St. Joseph Mercy Hlth Sys FM Ann Arbor MI
St John Hospital-MI IM Detroit MI
Loyola Univ Med Ctr-IL Anesthesiology Maywood IL
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital FM Livingston MI
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center TRI Bethesda MD
Med Coll Wisconsin Affil Hosps PEDS Milwaukee WI
Loyola Univ Med Ctr-IL IM Maywood IL
U Connecticut School of Medicine Med-Primary Farmington CT
MWU-CCOM/West Suburban Med Ctr FM Oak Park IL
Western Michigan Univ School of Medicine Med-Peds Kalamazoo MI
MWU-CCOM/Advocate Lutheran Gen IM Park Ridge IL
Valley Consortium-CA FM Modesto CA
MSUCOM/Lakeland Regional Med Ctr EM St. Joseph MI
South Jersey Health Care FM Vineland NJ
MSUCOM/Lakeland Regional Med Ctr IM St. Joseph MI
Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA-IL FM Chicago IL
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital FM Ann Arbor MI
U Texas Med Sch-Houston FM Houston TX
Geisinger Health System-PA IM Danville PA
Wellmont Holston Valley MC Ortho Surg Kingsport TN
MSUCOM/St. Mary Mercy Hospital EM Livonia MI
West Suburban Med Ctr-IL Med-Prelim Oak Park IL
Cleveland Clinic Fdn-OH Rad-Diag Cleveland OH
WVSOM/Charleston Area Med Ctr Urological Surg Charleston WV
Advocate Christ Med Ctr-IL PEDS Oak Lawn IL
U Illinois COM-Chicago IM Chicago IL
MacNeal Hospital-IL FM Berwyn IL
Botsford Hospital EM Farmington Hills MI
MWU/OPTI Resurrection HC Consort Ob/Gyn Chicago IL
Rush University Med Ctr-IL IM Chicago IL
Mayo School of Grad Med Educ-MN Psych Rochester MN
Loyola Univ Med Ctr-IL Med-Prelim Maywood IL
Nationwide Childrens Hosp-OH PEDS Columbus OH
Mount Sinai Hospital TRI Chicago IL
Loyola Univ Med Ctr-IL PM&R Maywood IL
St Joseph Hosp-IL FM Chicago IL
Western Michigan Univ School of Medicine EM Kalamazoo MI
Sparrow Hospital-MI Ob/Gyn Lansing MI
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital EM Wyandotte MI
U Illinois COM-Chicago Med-Prelim Chicago IL
Loyola Univ Med Ctr-IL Rad-Diag Maywood IL
MWU-CCOM/Adventist Hinsdale Hospital FM Hinsdale IL
East Pierce Family Medicine FM Puyallup WA
St Joseph Hosp-IL Med-Prelim Chicago IL
Medical University of SC Rad-Diag Charleston SC
Univ Hospitals Richmond Med Ctr TRI Richmond Heights OH
U Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Psych Madison WI
Mayo School of Grad Med Educ-MN Psych Rochester MN
Rush University Med Ctr-IL Anesthesiology Chicago IL
Med Coll Wisconsin Affil Hosps PEDS Milwaukee WI
OUCOM/Metro Health Medical CTR FM Cleveland OH
Brooke Army Medical Center EM San Antonio TX
MWU-CCOM/Illinois Masonic Med Ctr FM Chicago IL
U Illinois COM-Chicago Med-Prelim Chicago IL
U Rochester/Strong Mem-NY Rad-Diag Rochester NY
Med Coll Wisconsin Affil Hosps Psych Milwaukee WI
Chino Valley Medical Center TRI Chino CA
Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr-NC FM Winston-Salem NC
MWU-CCOM/Advocate Christ Hosp FM Hometown IL
Rush University Med Ctr-IL PM&R Chicago IL
St. John Providence Health Sys FM Warren MI
U Kansas SOM-Kansas City Gen Surg Kansas City MO
Vidant Med Ctr/East Carolina Univ-NC EM Greenville NC
St. John Providence Health Sys Otolaryngology Warren MI
Botsford Hospital EM Farmington Hills MI
KCUMBCOM/St. Marys Hosp Blue Spgs Ortho Surg Blue Springs MO
Sinai Hosp-Baltimore-MD PEDS Baltimore MD
MWU-CCOM/Adventist LaGrange Memorial FM LaGrange IL
U Minnesota Med School Path Minneapolis MN
Rush University Med Ctr-IL Prelim Chicago IL
Rush University Med Ctr-IL Neuro Chicago IL
MWU-CCOM/John Stroger Hosp Neuro Chicago IL
Garden City Hospital Osteopathic EM Garden City MI
Firelands Regional Medical Center FM Sandusky OH
Loma Linda University-CA IM Loma Linda CA
Camden Clark Hospital IM Parkersburg WV
Metro Health Hospital EM Wyoming MI
Cook County-Stroger Hospital-IL Med-Primary Chicago IL
OUCOM/Southern Ohio Medical Center EM Portsmouth OH
Cook County-Stroger Hospital-IL IM Chicago IL
MWU-CCOM/West Suburban Med Ctr FM Oak Park IL
U Rochester/Strong Mem-NY PM&R Rochester NY
PCOM/Lehigh Valley Hlth Network EM Allentown PA
Keesler Air Force Base Gen Surg Biloxi MS
Crozer-Chester Medical Center TRI Springfield PA
U Texas HSC-San Antonio IM San Antonio TX
Loyola Univ Med Ctr-IL Psych Maywood IL
Oakwood Healthcare System EM Trenton MI
RVUCOM/Sky Ridge Med Ctr IM Parker CO
Adena Health Group EM Chillicothe OH
U Iowa Hosps and Clinics IM Iowa City IA
PCOM/Lehigh Valley Hlth Network EM Allentown PA
MWU-CCOM/Advocate Lutheran Gen IM Park Ridge IL
Geisinger Health System-PA Neuro Danville PA
Rocky Vista University IM Lone Tree CO
Med Coll Wisconsin Affil Hosp EM Milwaukee WI

Wow, is the Hopkins EM match at the main campus or Bayvi

Just because it is at Hopkins absolutely does not mean all residencies there are good. Only premeds assume famous hospital=great residency in all specialties. It just isnt so.

Yep, the Hopkins EM program is just average at best. So is Harvard for that matter...

I would be way more impressed with a match at Harbor-UCLA, Highland, Indiana, or Cincinnati.

Yep, the Hopkins EM program is just average at best. So is Harvard for that matter...

I would be way more impressed with a match at Harbor-UCLA, Highland, Indiana, or Cincinnati.

ATSU-SOMA had a student who matched EM there last year.

Definitely disagree with this. Maybe Hopkins and Harvard wouldn't be in the extremely proverbial and entirely subjective list of "top 10 EM programs," they are most certainly NOT "average at best." They are both highly competitive residencies to get and have extremely high powered faculty.

I guess I will post it here as well.

Attachments

• Match List Class 2013 (1).xlsx
    16.8 KB · Views: 254