School list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metrobusrider

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to make a school list. I was expecting a different MCAT score than what I received, so I've had to make a lot of last minute changes. Im from missouri going to an average state school.

I have a 4.0 GPA and a 512 MCAT.

I was a division 1 student athlete and played all 4 years. I have 4000 hours of research in cancer biology and some other random research in chemistry and psychology.

I have 80 hours of shadowing, 600 hours of nonclinical volunteering, 200 hours of clinical volunteering. I was on SGA and president of student athlete advisory committee.

My current school list is:
Saint Louis
Mizzou
Miami-Miller
Dartmouth
Tulane
EMory
Mayo
Rush
Stony Brook
Colorado
Loyola
Creighton
Thomas Jefferson
Ros Franklin

What other schools would be worth adding? Will the research and athletics help with a 512 MCAT?

Thanks you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am trying to make a school list. I was expecting a different MCAT score than what I received, so I've had to make a lot of last minute changes. Im from missouri going to an average state school.

I have a 4.0 GPA and a 512 MCAT.

I was a division 1 student athlete and played all 4 years. I have 4000 hours of research in cancer biology and some other random research in chemistry and psychology.

I have 80 hours of shadowing, 600 hours of nonclinical volunteering, 200 hours of clinical volunteering. I was on SGA and president of student athlete advisory committee.

My current school list is:
Saint Louis
Mizzou
Miami-Miller
Dartmouth
Tulane
EMory
Mayo
Rush
Stony Brook
Colorado
Loyola
Creighton
Thomas Jefferson
Ros Franklin

What other schools would be worth adding? Will the research and athletics help with a 512 MCAT?

Thanks you!
I suggest:
UCF (maybe)

Ohio State (maybe)

Hofstra

U Toledo

U IA

U VM

Pitt

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Albert Einstein

Rochester

Rush

Rosy Franklin

Wayne State

MCW

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Tufts

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Georgetown

Emory

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola

Netter

Oakland-B

Western MI

Seton Hall

Your state school(s).

Nova MD

CUSM IF you're from CA

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

I suggest:
UCF (maybe)

Ohio State (maybe)

Hofstra

U Toledo

U IA

U VM

Pitt

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Albert Einstein

Rochester

Rush

Rosy Franklin

Wayne State

MCW

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Tufts

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Georgetown

Emory

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola

Netter

Oakland-B

Western MI

Seton Hall

Your state school(s).

Nova MD

CUSM IF you're from CA

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

Thank you so much for this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang how did you get 4000 hours of cancer biology research?

Dang how did you get 4000 hours of cancer biology research?
I spent a summer working full time in a lab, which is an easy way to get a few hundred. Then I worked throughout the school year in the same lab, and am working full-time as a technician right now :) but yeah as an athlete getting all of those research hours was incredibly laborious haha but worth it!