School List Help ( ORM / 3.85 / 518 / MO )

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldnelson02

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a traditional applicant and just got my Mcat back and need some school list help. So far, I've got a lot of OOS public schools, but I have few ties, so I feel like I need some higher-yield options. I'm open to adding up to 10 more. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

• Stats: cGPA: 3.85(strong upward trajectory), sGPA: 3.78, MCAT: 518, Bio major w/ Accounting minor, still waiting on CASPER and PREview
  • Residence: MO, slightly rural upbringing
  • Ethnicity: ORM
  • Undergraduate Institution: Notre Dame
  • Clinical experience: Hospital volunteer (100 hours) Paid employment Medical Screener (400hrs)
  • Nonclinical volunteering: Community Volunteer (120 hours)
  • Research: 150 hours in a biomedical lab; no presentations or publications
  • Shadowing: 200 hours in 7 specialties
  • EC: Student Gov/Dorm positions(150hrs), Business case clubs/leadership(100hrs), Paid employment as Server(400hrs), Landscaper(400hrs), Healthcare Internship(320hrs), Avid Sports Fan/Athlete (I play all the intramural sports I can)
Already Submitted:

• Kansas
  • Missouri-Columbia
  • UMKC
  • SLU
  • WashU
  • Creighton
  • USF
  • Emory
  • Colorado
  • Iowa
  • Wake Forest
  • Kentucky
  • Louisville
  • Indiana
  • UNC
  • Ohio State
  • Cincinnati

Members don't see this ad.

Some of these schools are unfriendly to OOS students (UNC, Kentucky, Indiana, Louisville (kind of)).

Members don't see this ad :)
I would not apply to either Kentucky schools unless you have some crazy significant tie. You could also probably add some higher tier private schools bc of your mcat (ex: U Mich, NYMC)

Some of these schools are unfriendly to OOS students (UNC, Kentucky, Indiana, Louisville (kind of)).
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Just having trouble finding ones that aren't in the midwest/south which is ideally where I end up.

What does your 400 hours as a paid Medical Screener involve ?
Screening people to donate plasma. So, I would take their blood pressure, weight, pulse, blood hematocrit, and blood protein levels. I have many anecdotes from it as well, as many of the people were very poor and underserved.