School list/ advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1023083

This is my second time applying to medical school. I applied with a 500 MCAT last year but recently improved to a 504.

MCATS: 494, 500, 504 (128,122,126,128) Not great but steady improvement

GPA: 3.90, ScienceGPA: 3.80

Last cycle I had one interview at state school (University of Missouri)

3 DO interviews (KCU, AT. Still and ARCOM)

I have solid research experience, volunteering, thousands of clinical hours as a medical assistant, leadership experience, etc.

I am wondering what schools I should be applying to this cycle. I am not interested in DO anymore tbh and I know my MCAT score is a bit low but I think it's possible. I am a Missouri resident and an ORM.

Members don't see this ad.

Why aren't you interested in DO anymore? I'm not an adcom but I don't think the new MCAT will dramatically transform your application. 48% of applicants in your stat range get an MD acceptance and many of them are not third time test takers, ORMs, or reapplicants. Your chances are dramatically better at DO schools.

If you are not interested in DO schools anymore you should plan for an alternative career to medicine. You can try MD schools and I suggest these:
Your Missouri state public schools
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac

That 122 in cars will likely keep you out of MD programs. An even 504 looks a lot better than an uneven 504. A 504 on the first attempt looks better than a 504 on the third attempt.

Reactions: 1 user