Scholl Diversity Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goku786

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the optional Scholl diversity statement? It said it could help with admission along with scholarships so I was thinking that it was pretty important to do. Anyone had it brought up at interviews or anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any information on the optional Scholl diversity statement? It said it could help with admission along with scholarships so I was thinking that it was pretty important to do. Anyone had it brought up at interviews or anything?

It's just there to tell your side of the story if you got one. Nothing crazy about it because your acceptance depends on your stats and how you interview. GL.

I didn’t write one although I’m diverse in both background and ethnicity, so I figured there was no point. I ended up still getting a scholarship and took my acceptance there. I think it really depends on the individual if you should submit one or not.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t write one although I’m diverse in both background and ethnicity, so I figured there was no point. I ended up still getting a scholarship and took my acceptance there. I think it really depends on the individual if you should submit one or not.
Ditto.

Didn't write one, still got invites.

Also diverse ethnicity and personal statement already told my end of the story in a way.

Reactions: 1 user
I wrote one. I took it very serious I think, especially I thought it would help with scholarships. I let several people read it and we thought it had a great story which I was able to tie to my current events. I didn't get any scholarships at all; DMU gave me scholarship even without any diversity statement. I paid my deposit for DMU.

I would write one, but would put too much heart or effort into it because I don't
think they will when they read it. I wasn't asked a single question about diversity or diversity statement.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I applied almost two weeks ago and have one transcript verified and one incoming to the AACPMAS still. How long do you think the turnaround time will be until I hear anything back? I'm on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of MCAT score so I was worried that December was pretty late in the cycle

Thanks for the replies everyone! I applied almost two weeks ago and have one transcript verified and one incoming to the AACPMAS still. How long do you think the turnaround time will be until I hear anything back? I'm on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of MCAT score so I was worried that December was pretty late in the cycle
I got verified and II from Scholl within several hours.

Reactions: 1 user
That's awesome, glad to know there is a quick sequence of events. Scholl is my number one preference due to it being closest in distance, but I will be happy to receive any II at all.

Never wrote it. Got offered a scholarship. Not sure how much it matters. Maybe if you are boarder line with acceptance that it will make a difference.