Scheduling Step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scubascuba

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to take step 1 in late December. When will I be able to see the dates that the exam is available? I know there will be fewer test dates because of the holidays.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan to take step 1 in late December. When will I be able to see the dates that the exam is available? I know there will be fewer test dates because of the holidays.
You need a permit for that time period to see appointment dates. For example, my step permit was valid for april-june so I could never see a july date no matter how close to july it was.

You need a permit for that time period to see appointment dates. For example, my step permit was valid for april-june so I could never see a july date no matter how close to july it was.
That's what I was afraid it was. Do they generally have a lot of exam dates available? Or are you stuck with just a few choices?

That's what I was afraid it was. Do they generally have a lot of exam dates available? Or are you stuck with just a few choices?
There’s a lot of dates available. Remember that prometric proctors not only step1 but anything from carpenter licensing exams to mcats.

Reactions: 1 user