schedule interviews early or late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azmedstudent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I schedule my interviews late so they remember me when it is time to rank or does it not matter? What do you guys think? Also, how soon after a program invites you should you reply? Do the slots get taken up quickly or is waiting a little so you can try to schedule your interviews in the most efficent manner ok?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Should I schedule my interviews late so they remember me when it is time to rank or does it not matter? What do you guys think? Also, how soon after a program invites you should you reply? Do the slots get taken up quickly or is waiting a little so you can try to schedule your interviews in the most efficent manner ok?

Thanks

Yes, the slots do fill up, so reply earlier rather than later. I was unable to interview at one program because I kept waiting to hear from a program in the same city, and by the time I heard back from them, all of the interview slots at program #1 were full. You can always try and reschedule an inconvenient date later.