San Juan Bautista Escuela de Medicina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCure21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my fellow future docs:

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about San Juan Bautista Escuela de Medicina? By the way, this school is located in Puerto Rico...
How many students they take every year? Is is curriculum only in Spanish? Do they accept any american students living in the US?

Any comments is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

DrCure21

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.sanjuanbautista.edu/

Students must be fluent in both in Spanish and in English. This requirement is important because the lectures are given in the language of preference of the professor teaching the course.

It has no LCME approval but it is pending.

Puerto Ricans are American citizens.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I do know that puerto ricans are american citizens and I also know that the school accreditation is still pending.
I was wondering if anybody knew if they accept any american citizens from the states (other than puerto ricans from mainland puerto rico)?
How many students are accepted every year?

Thank you for your time.

Dr.Cure21

P.S. Donde estan los boricuas? opinen algo por favor? LOL Gracias amigos.

Hello my fellow future docs:

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about San Juan Bautista Escuela de Medicina? By the way, this school is located in Puerto Rico...
How many students they take every year? Is is curriculum only in Spanish? Do they accept any american students living in the US?

Any comments is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

DrCure21

I study medicine in PR, although not at SJB. I know a student there so maybe I can help. As you know SJB is located in PR. The curriculum is taght in both spanish and english, but more professors teach in spanish than english. They take about 60-70 students a year and yes, they do accept students living in the US, but they give preference to island residents.
Its important to state that it is NOT yet accredited by the LCME. It is going in that direction, though. Last November they had the first official visit by the LCME which evaluated the facilities and the curriculum. Ther interviewed students, faculty and people in administration as part of the process. Since it was the first visit, they got some recommendations of things they should improve before the next visit. Hopefully they will achieve accreditation in the next couple of years. Students who are in the school if and hopefully when the school gains accreditation graduate from a recognized US med school. As of now, all students graduating from the school are considered FMG's in the US for the purposes of residency placement. If the school achieves accreditation then all students will be considered US medical graduates.

The following is an excerpt from wikipedia: "During the month of November, San Juan Bautista Medical School will receive the LCME team visit as a final step in the program accreditation process. As part of the accreditation procedure a process of reconsideration is being held with a final decision to be announced on June 2007." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Juan_Bautista_School_of_Medicine

As of now, students have to take shelf exams like any other med school at the end of each course and have to pass the USMLE step 1 in order to proceed to third year. They then have to pass step 2 in order to fulfill requirements. That is pretty much all I know of the school. If you want more official information visit their website at: http://www.sanjuanbautista.edu/

Yesterday, June 15 2007, the school received notification that it would be accredited. So add another LCME school to the records

Yesterday, June 15 2007, the school received notification that it would be accredited. So add another LCME school to the records

WOW crazy, they have a sister school.......SJSM and students from there can attend this school per the announcement last year and the resources shared ( cadavers come from this school to SJSM) :D

LCME Acredditation: During the month of November 2006, San Juan Bautista Medical School received the LCME team visit as a final step in the program accreditation process. As part of the accreditation procedure, a process of reconsideration was held with a final decision of accreditation by the LCME, on June 15, 2007. This makes San Juan Bautista the fourth LCME accredited medical school in Puerto Rico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Juan_Bautista_School_of_Medicine

This is exciting news, but I see no source of the June 15 decision other than Wikipedia. Isn't this a big enough deal to show up on the AAMC or LCME sites? Google isn't finding me anything. Anybody have a news clip?

i was working on my amcas and puerto rico or the schools are not showing in the drop menus so i suppose if it is true then they are updating that and thats the reason for them not showing

This is exciting news, but I see no source of the June 15 decision other than Wikipedia. Isn't this a big enough deal to show up on the AAMC or LCME sites? Google isn't finding me anything. Anybody have a news clip?

Hey I agree verify everything like this.

It's a Sat so it will take next week to see if this is the real Deal, but I knew the school was under eval for LCME so it seems it may be so.

Lets see if it can be verified?

I was a student at SJB and then transfer to a LCME school in Puerto RIco. Yesterday I was calling SJB because they need to send a letter to the MA medicine board of registration and they told me the good news.

I was a student at SJB and then transfer to a LCME school in Puerto RIco. Yesterday I was calling SJB because they need to send a letter to the MA medicine board of registration and they told me the good news.
WOW then thats really huge!

Members don't see this ad :)
I study medicine in PR, although not at SJB. I know a student there so maybe I can help. As you know SJB is located in PR. The curriculum is taght in both spanish and english, but more professors teach in spanish than english. They take about 60-70 students a year and yes, they do accept students living in the US, but they give preference to island residents.
http://www.sanjuanbautista.edu/

UH MCGill did you read this?

As I posted SJSM students can attend there too so its a big deal to us as well as another LCME school..............................
Last time I checked they are Looking for more students also..............

UH MCGill did you read this?

As I posted SJSM students can attend there too so its a big deal to us as well as another LCME school..............................

What does a PR school have to do with St. James?

If the news I just received is correct, San Juan Bautista has just been accredited by the LCME, making it 4 accredited schools in PR. They received the news on friday evening so I expect confirmation sometime this week. If true, then SJB would be considered a fully accredited US med school. :thumbup:

What does a PR school have to do with St. James?
SJB came to SJSM and signed an agreement for SJSM to be a "Sister school" and the Cadavers that SJSM has is from them, I know this is true since I was there attending basic sci and took pics of the visiting people from SJB at the time after I was introduced and I was allowed to ask questions.

Didn't think much of it then since the school was not LCME, I could transfer there and go to school there through a joint degree effort with them and SJSM per the "Sister School" agreement.

SO it does mean something to SJSM, hey they may have done something right for once huh? LOL

Im pretty happy for the school but especially for the students, I know some of them and they are pretty excited.

I talked to one of the students and he told me that the president of the school is going to give an official announcement early this week.

Im pretty happy for the school but especially for the students, I know some of them and they are pretty excited.

I talked to one of the students and he told me that the president of the school is going to give an official announcement early this week.

Yeah me too when my school SJSM did this agreement stuff we were made fun of on VMD and others said it was not helping students at St. James, I always thought it was a good thing with the cadavers and another school to look at going to............now it could mean a better opportunity for some at my school also.

Yeah me too when my school SJSM did this agreement stuff we were made fun of on VMD and others said it was not helping students at St. James, I always thought it was a good thing with the cadavers and another school to look at going to............now it could mean a better opportunity for some at my school also.

Guess who's laughing now? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great to hear another school is accredited by the LCME. McGill, it does matter because in 10-20 years, most doctors will need to know spanish working in the US. Pure ignorance to say it doesn't matter!!! Just because he is going to a Caribbean school no reason to hamper on others who are going to a US allopathic school and will get a better residency, including myself.

Great to hear another school is accredited by the LCME. McGill, it does matter because in 10-20 years, most doctors will need to know spanish working in the US. Pure ignorance to say it doesn't matter!!! Just because he is going to a Caribbean school no reason to hamper on others who are going to a US allopathic school and will get a better residency, including myself.
I 100% agree about Spanish and wish it was required in Highschool in the US,
Yes English is the national language but to be fluent in both languages is a Win Win situation. :smuggrin:

Yes English is the national language but to be fluent in both languages is a Win Win situation. :smuggrin:

Couldn't agree with you more OldPro. Some people I guess are lazy and have a stigma with languages or something. Personally, language learning is one of the best ways to stimulate your brain while going to medical school I think. Besides if you continue to learn languages throughout your life, will decrease the probability you will get Alzheimers.

Who are you arguing with (and who are you agreeing with...lol)? The point I was making was about the PR medical school and the laguage of instruction.

Being biligual is not enough. In Montreal, you have to be bilugual at the very least and many people speak 3 or more languages.

Spanish is not a big deal to learn. Now if you want to speak with me in French or German then we can talk. I can already understand half of what people say in Spanish because of the French.

SJB came to SJSM and signed an agreement for SJSM to be a "Sister school" and the Cadavers that SJSM has is from them, I know this is true since I was there attending basic sci and took pics of the visiting people from SJB at the time after I was introduced and I was allowed to ask questions.

Didn't think much of it then since the school was not LCME, I could transfer there and go to school there through a joint degree effort with them and SJSM per the "Sister School" agreement.

SO it does mean something to SJSM, hey they may have done something right for once huh? LOL

There is probably more than meets the eye. I will take a look at it.

I am assuming it is something inline with what St. Matts did with the MPH in Maine. You will still be a foreign graduate in the end but at least it is associated with a LCME med school.

Once again, it is a great thing, but I do not see how this will make SJMS any less foreign.

There is probably more than meets the eye. I will take a look at it.

I am assuming it is something inline with what St. Matts did with the MPH in Maine. You will still be a foreign graduate in the end but at least it is associated with a LCME med school.

Once again, it is a great thing, but I do not see how this will make SJMS any less foreign.

Yes we agree more then it seems, I was just explaining why a student from SJSM, as I am, would care. I want to see what this really means to SJSM also,
I do not trust any of these Caribbean schools no matter my school or a big four school.:cool:

Hi, guys. Just in case anyone reads this thread, San Juan Bautista School of Medicine is already accreditted by the LCME.

Its official, San Juan Bautista has been accredited by the LCME. They posted it on their website: http://www.sanjuanbautista.edu/Default.aspx#

According to their website Admissions for the entering 2007 class are STILL OPEN! So if that might be another option for many of you guys. Good Luck.

Who are you arguing with (and who are you agreeing with...lol)? The point I was making was about the PR medical school and the laguage of instruction.

Being biligual is not enough. In Montreal, you have to be bilugual at the very least and many people speak 3 or more languages.

Spanish is not a big deal to learn. Now if you want to speak with me in French or German then we can talk. I can already understand half of what people say in Spanish because of the French.

Sure McGill, anyday. I speak Japanese, but I know you can't read any of that. Also, I can read alot of chinese, and am getting good at spanish and Portuguese. Know some French, since I did stay in Montreal for some time and study French two years. Besides, if I want to learn German, my best friend is German. Not a problem after learning Japanese. Remember, I not only had to learn to speak, but learn 3 alphabet systems basically in Japanese!!! Not arguing with you. Don't try to look askance at all of my emails and extrapolate something that isn't there plz...sir..:)

thats funny because I can understand french because of spanish.

Yeah...but you still live in Canada...:laugh: JK.

Something more on Topic: I told my mom that I was going to apply to SJB yesterday as another back up plan since I am on 2 waitlists and she gave me a hard time about not having evidence that SJB was LCME accredited other than some posts on SDN. She took it upon herself to email the LCME and forwarded me the response she got. I have copy and pasted it from my email. Enjoy and good luck.

Dear Ms. ------------:

At its June 5-7, 2007, meeting, the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) granted accreditation to the medical education program leading to the M.D. degree at the San Juan Bautista School of Medicine in Caguas, Puerto Rico. The decision to grant accreditation will take effect at the beginning of academic year 2007-2008, and apply to all students enrolled in the M.D. program and taking coursework leading to the completion of the M.D. degree at that time.

Susan S. Mortensen
Manager, Accreditation Services
AAMC Section for LCME and Accreditation Services

Hi Fellows!!

Yes it is true. SJBSM is LCME accredited. The accreditation start at the academic year 2007-2008 that start this July 2nd. Right now I am currently enroled at SJBSM as a third year medical student. For anyone that is thinking to apply, go ahead. SJBSM is a great school, and the faculty, the texts and the lectures are given in English for those who are English-speaking students. Now SJBSM will start the process to re-open the residencies in Pediatrics, Internal Medicine and Psychiatry and are planning to open new residencies and new academic programs. So all of you are welcome to our school.

The san juan medicine school just has been accredited by the LCME. The deadline for admission is july 15, 2007 for 2007-2008 year

Hey guys I am scheduled for an interview next week....any advice on what to expect?? thanks so much....have a great day!!

p.s. I sent my application the day the school got accredited so its not to late ....if you are considering applying

Hey ugyuga! I had send you an email Im a IMG and also I was called for an interview any tips I will apreciate.

thanks;

[email protected]

Why do we need 4 medical schools in PR? That is beyond my imagination. Look at the rest of the states. We have more med school's than places like CT. It's insane...

Its important to state that it is NOT yet accredited by the LCME. It is going in that direction, though. Last November they had the first official visit by the LCME which evaluated the facilities and the curriculum. Ther interviewed students, faculty and people in administration as part of the process. Since it was the first visit, they got some recommendations of things they should improve before the next visit. Hopefully they will achieve accreditation in the next couple of years. Students who are in the school if and hopefully when the school gains accreditation graduate from a recognized US med school. As of now, all students graduating from the school are considered FMG's in the US for the purposes of residency placement. If the school achieves accreditation then all students will be considered US medical graduates.

The following is an excerpt from wikipedia: "During the month of November, San Juan Bautista Medical School will receive the LCME team visit as a final step in the program accreditation process. As part of the accreditation procedure a process of reconsideration is being held with a final decision to be announced on June 2007." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Juan_Bautista_School_of_Medicine

As of now, students have to take shelf exams like any other med school at the end of each course and have to pass the USMLE step 1 in order to proceed to third year. They then have to pass step 2 in order to fulfill requirements. That is pretty much all I know of the school. If you want more official information visit their website at: http://www.sanjuanbautista.edu/

DON'T BELIEVE THIS GUY HE IS A LIAR. HE IS A NWWW YOKKKER, MOUTHY AND A FREAK!! BE CAREFUL, THOSE BOYZ FORM THE HOOD CARRY KNIVES! PUERTO RICAN STUDENTS BEWARE!!!! HE IS DANGEROUS. I KNOW HIM HE HAS BEEN STAKING ME FOR YEARS ON THESE FORUMS, I JUST SNAPED AND NOW I'M GONNA STALK HIM BACK, NEVER LET HIM HAVE A NORMAL CONVERSATION WITH ANYONE EVER AGAIN, KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THIS NWWW YOKERRR FREAK THEY ARE ALL FREAKS, THIS IS WHY THE WORLD HATES US...
"I would have to disagree. Just because it looks like fun to hijack other people's threads I am going to start hijacking and arguing and contradicting everything this ******ed individual has got to say because in reality he has nothing better to do but to snoop on other's people's buisness which doesn't concern him. I will yap, yap, yap,yap,yap,yap, like the stupid Newwww Yokkkkkkerrrr that I am. Just because it is in my nature to annoy the rest of the country and for that matter the rest of the world...hence the war. yap,yap,yap,yap, yap, yap,yap,yap,yap. I'm going to go to every foreign school for every foreign degree because I have the rest of my life to do nothing but, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, because I'm a nwww yokkkker and I tell the rest of the world what to do. yap,yap,yap,yap,yap,yap,yap.
I whole hardedly disagree just to make myself feel more superior and more important than you"
"I would have to disagree. Just because it looks like fun to hijack other people's threads I am going to start hijacking and arguing and contradicting everything this ******ed individual has got to say because in reality he has nothing better to do but to snoop on other's people's buisness which doesn't concern him. I will yap, yap, yap,yap,yap,yap, like the stupid Newwww Yokkkkkkerrrr that I am. Just because it is in my nature to annoy the rest of the country and for that matter the rest of the world...hence the war. yap,yap,yap,yap, yap, yap,yap,yap,yap. I'm going to go to every foreign school for every foreign degree because I have the rest of my life to do nothing but, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, because I'm a nwww yokkkker and I tell the rest of the world what to do. yap,yap,yap,yap,yap,yap,yap.
I whole hardedly disagree just to make myself feel more superior and more important than you"
I whole hardedly disagree just to make myself feel more superior and more important than you" - "dr" who

TELL ME WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO WRITE NEXT "DR" WHO SO I CAN BE RIGHT THERE AND SCREW UP YOUR THREAD???? I'LL BE THERE.

Why do we need 4 medical schools in PR? That is beyond my imagination. Look at the rest of the states. We have more med school's than places like CT. It's insane...

BECAUSE WE HAVE A LOT OF FREAKS LIKE "DR" WHO WHO NEED TO GO THERE. NWWW YOKKKK WON'T TAKE HIM.

we have 4 med schools in PR and still there are puertorricans who have to enroll in usa continental schools, Guadalajara and UNIBE. It seems like a lot of puertorricans want to study medicine

Not really. the AAMC and LCME both messed up big time a few years back when they released studies that determined there were too many physicians in the US. As a result many med schools reduced class size and no more schools were accredited for a long, long time. The study was found to be flawed and the reality is that there will be a physician SHORTAGE in the near future. Because of this the LCME and AAMC now recommends that all med schools should INCREASE class sizes, and new schools have been accredited. I know of schools in Florida, NYC and other places that were recently accredited while other schools are in the process of achieving recognition by the LCME.

Remember that while SJB is located in PR and currently has mainly PR residents as students, this is about to change. the LCME has "recomended" that the school increase its class size substantially, that is why they are still accepting apps and interviewing for the entering 2007 class. They will most likely become more like Ponce in their class makeup with more or less a 50- 50 mix of island and US mainland residents, with most graduates going to thhe US for residencies.

PR is currently experiencing a physician shortage that is the equal to or worse than in the US. As most med students here leave for the US the island is short on specialists. While there are many general practitioners on the island, specialists are pretty hard to come by as salaries are not as competitive as in the US. Remember that the physician shortage affects everybody, and a med school in PR benefits the US as most graduates will end up practicing medicine in urban and underserved areas in the US. So its a win- win situation for everyone so long as the school prepares its students correctly.

Not really. the AAMC and LCME both messed up big time a few years back when they released studies that determined there were too many physicians in the US. As a result many med schools reduced class size and no more schools were accredited for a long, long time. The study was found to be flawed and the reality is that there will be a physician SHORTAGE in the near future. Because of this the LCME and AAMC now recommends that all med schools should INCREASE class sizes, and new schools have been accredited. I know of schools in Florida, NYC and other places that were recently accredited while other schools are in the process of achieving recognition by the LCME.

Remember that while SJB is located in PR and currently has mainly PR residents as students, this is about to change. the LCME has "recomended" that the school increase its class size substantially, that is why they are still accepting apps and interviewing for the entering 2007 class. They will most likely become more like Ponce in their class makeup with more or less a 50- 50 mix of island and US mainland residents, with most graduates going to thhe US for residencies.

PR is currently experiencing a physician shortage that is the equal to or worse than in the US. As most med students here leave for the US the island is short on specialists. While there are many general practitioners on the island, specialists are pretty hard to come by as salaries are not as competitive as in the US. Remember that the physician shortage affects everybody, and a med school in PR benefits the US as most graduates will end up practicing medicine in urban and underserved areas in the US. So its a win- win situation for everyone so long as the school prepares its students correctly.

"dr" who again?
I ask that you take what this person has to say with a HUGE grain of salt.
This person has a history of saying some pretty nasty things that not only offends, but flies in the face of reality. The things he has written are truly repulsive and not true. I try to ignore him as just another troll, but the posts are just too vile and repulsive to ignore.

I ask you to do a search on this person's previous posts to get an idea of what I mean. Some of the things this person has said are so plain stupid that I have a very hard time believing. It's almost as if he lives in a fantasy of what he thinks things are like and repeats it over and over until he believes it.

I, and others have answered his posts before. If one tenth of the things he claims are true, do a search and you will find many ACTUAL students who posted.. Don't feed this troll any longer. I have been a member of SDN since 2005 and I believe in what it stands for. Please use your common sense and judgment when taking advice from certain individuals like him in these forums.

he had the audacity to make some claims that were so ridiculous that ignorance was to nice a word to describe them. I backed my statements with bonafide information, not some obscure website like she did on occasion. If you want to laugh (or cry) some more, do a search on "dr" who and see for yourself that this is something that happens regularly.

I, and others agree that this person has the luck to go back to his native city where it is common to find unlicensed doctors practicing freely on unsuspecting patients. The things he plans to do are repulsive and the state should and does crack down on the hundreds of thousands of unlicensed doctors who go back to the city and practice without a license. I will personally contact the authorities to crack down on these "doctors" and start an investigation. I who have knowledge of the locations where these "doctors" practice without a license (since I graduated from a school of the same location myself, I know where my classmates practice unlicensed) will tell authorities of all the locations where they are to be found. …. getting stalked for years like you have with me.

I'm no moderator or anything, but I think you guys should keep your insults to PM's rather than posting on threads where people expect to visit and read worthy information pertinent to their goals and future plans. Be respectful and show some integrity. At least for the people's sake who subscribe to threads also so our emails don't get flooded with lengthy posts of how one person has some quam with another. As MD's or soon to be MD's I would expect you to hold some sort of professionalism in all aspects of your life; ESPECIALLY in a public INTERNET forum where offending people is going to be an everyday occurance. Just my .02 because I am tired of signing in to read posts and seeing this garbage. Take care and good luck to you all in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.

I'm no moderator or anything, but I think you guys should keep your insults to PM's rather than posting on threads where people expect to visit and read worthy information pertinent to their goals and future plans. Be respectful and show some integrity. At least for the people's sake who subscribe to threads also so our emails don't get flooded with lengthy posts of how one person has some quam with another. As MD's or soon to be MD's I would expect you to hold some sort of professionalism in all aspects of your life; ESPECIALLY in a public INTERNET forum where offending people is going to be an everyday occurance. Just my .02 because I am tired of signing in to read posts and seeing this garbage. Take care and good luck to you all in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.

I agree with you ekimsurfer. This person's account under the nick "maddi" was suspended for the use of innapropriate and abusive language. He (or she) decided to log on under a different nick. I have reported this to the moderator and to the administration of this site.
The best thing we can do in this case is to ignore offensive comments and read those that are pertinant to this thread.

Dr Who

I agree with you ekimsurfer. This person's account under the nick "maddi" was suspended for the use of innapropriate and abusive language. He (or she) decided to log on under a different nick. I have reported this to the moderator and to the administration of this site.
The best thing we can do in this case is to ignore offensive comments and read those that are pertinant to this thread.

Dr Who

uhhh not "dr" who again??

STALKING THE STALKER IS A HELL OF ALOT MORE FUN THAN BEING STALKED FOR 2 YEARS, "dr" "what" !!! LEARNED IT FROM THE BEST... YOU!!!!

I ask that you take what this person has to say with a HUGE grain of salt.
This person has a history of saying some pretty nasty things that not only offends, but flies in the face of reality. The things he has written are truly repulsive and not true. I try to ignore him as just another troll, but the posts are just too vile and repulsive to ignore.

I ask you to do a search on this person's previous posts to get an idea of what I mean. Some of the things this person has said are so plain stupid that I have a very hard time believing. It's almost as if he lives in a fantasy of what he thinks things are like and repeats it over and over until he believes it.

I, and others have answered his posts before. If one tenth of the things he claims are true, do a search and you will find many ACTUAL students who posted.. Don't feed this troll any longer. I have been a member of SDN since 2005 and I believe in what it stands for. Please use your common sense and judgment when taking advice from certain individuals like him in these forums.

She had the audacity to make some claims that were so ridiculous that ignorance was to nice a word to describe them. I backed my statements with bonafide information, not some obscure website like she did on occasion. If you want to laugh (or cry) some more, do a search on "dr" who and see for yourself that this is something that happens regularly.

I, and others agree that this person has the luck to go back to his native city where it is common to find unlicensed doctors practicing freely on unsuspecting patients. The things he plans to do are repulsive and the state should and does crack down on the hundreds of thousands of unlicensed doctors who go back to the city and practice without a license. I will personally contact the authorities to crack down on these "doctors" and start an investigation. I who have knowledge of the locations where these "doctors" practice without a license (since I graduated from a school of the same location myself, I know where my classmates practice unlicensed) will tell authorities of all the locations where they are to be found. …. getting stalked for years like you have with me.

I apologize for this person's behavior, it should have no place in SDN. The good news is that he has been banned.

is this the same Maddi that use to talk BS about the optometry school in Puerto Rico? LOL. I have heard stories of why SHE is so mad with PR.

We shouldnt waste a second on her.

Congrat to SJB on the accredtiation.

we have 4 med schools in PR and still there are puertorricans who have to enroll in usa continental schools, Guadalajara and UNIBE. It seems like a lot of puertorricans want to study medicine

Quantity over quality? Should they continue to open medical schools because a lot of people want to be doctors? Hopefully the level of competitiveness of this newly accredited program will increase significantly.