General Admissions & OTCAS Samuel Merritt Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you accepting or rejecting your seat?

• Total voters

cl_ot

Reaction score
Hey y'all,
Has anyone been contacted by Samuel Merritt or Dominican university regarding their process after submitting apps for 2021? Any interview invitations yet?

The waiting game is real. I submitted my apps in September.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I also submitted my apps for both schools in September and am still waiting to hear back...

Yeah same lol. One person was admitted for fall '21 SMU but they were a reapplicant who didn't get in the previous year though. Maybe their admission process is a little different than first time applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all,
Has anyone been contacted by Samuel Merritt or Dominican university regarding their process after submitting apps for 2021? Any interview invitations yet?

The waiting game is real. I submitted my apps in September.

Thanks!
I got an invitation to interview today!

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email for an interview for SMU in December!

Reactions: 1 users
Yay! Congrats:) I just got an interview too for SMU!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations guys! I'm a first year SMU student. Maybe I'll see you guys virtually on interview day. I really appreciated being able to talk to the first year students at my interview last year, so I'm glad they are trying to find a way to continue it. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations guys! I'm a first year SMU student. Maybe I'll see you guys virtually on interview day. I really appreciated being able to talk to the first year students at my interview last year, so I'm glad they are trying to find a way to continue it. Good luck everyone!
Hey! I hope to connect with other first year students as well! Thank you

After confirming your SMU interview did any of you receive an email back? I replied to them last week but haven’t gotten a response so I’m worried they might not have received it :eek:

my paranoia is just kicking in so I’m overthinking haha

After confirming your SMU interview did any of you receive an email back? I replied to them last week but haven’t gotten a response so I’m worried they might not have received it :eek:

my paranoia is just kicking in so I’m overthinking haha
I also have not gotten a response after accepting. You emailed a person named Monique right?

I also have not gotten a response after accepting. You emailed a person named Monique right?

Yes, I replied to the original email and it was automatically registered to Monique’s email. Hopefully everything is well

I got the email for an interview last Wednesday as well! When I sent the response to Monique, I bcc'd myself on the email just to make sure it went through. No response yet, but I assume a lot of people responded to the invite that day.

Does anyone know when Dominican will reach out about interviews?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email for an interview last Wednesday as well! When I sent the response to Monique, I bcc'd myself on the email just to make sure it went through. No response yet, but I assume a lot of people responded to the invite that day.

Does anyone know when Dominican will send reach out about interviews?

That’s a great idea, I’m going to start doing that as well. I see it in my sent messages so I assume it went through. Also you can see the date and time stamp on my reply so that should be okay moving forward.

Hmm not sure but possibly after their submission deadline in early December? Similar to SMU, they waited to send interviews until after their October deadline.

Yes, I replied to the original email and it was automatically registered to Monique’s email. Hopefully everything is well
Hey! I got an email on 11/11/20 confirming my interview

Has anyone who interviewed heard back yet??

Congrats! I have not. Kasie said that they'd send out the official email this morning but I haven't received it yet.
Oh good to know! I was expecting the emails this morning too, but haven't received any!

Congrats you guys! I also got a call about my acceptance and am waiting for an email! Let me know if you guys receive yours! :)
Congrats guys! I still haven't heard anything :/

Congratulations! I received a call yesterday :) Did you receive any follow up emails?
I also received a call on Friday! But still no follow up email about the deposit.

Congrats ya'll! :) Hope to see you all next Fall!

I also received a call on Friday! But still no follow up email about the deposit.

Congrats ya'll! :) Hope to see you all next Fall!
I was accepted as well! Got my emails today :)

Congrats to everyone!!
I didn’t get any call/e-mail yet, so I’m starting to get worried. Does anyone know if they’re done calling/sending e-mails for now?

How was the interview process? I got an email for my interview in January. :)

I just received a email for my interview and look forward to speaking with you and other current students in the program. How do you like the program so far and why did you pick this school over other programs? Can u give me any advice for the interview process? Are you in the masters or doctoral program? See you virtually!

How was the interview process? I got an email for my interview in January. :)
The interview was very chill like everyone had said and it was no longer than 10 minutes. Congrats on your interview and good luck! :)

The interview was very chill like everyone had said and it was no longer than 10 minutes. Congrats on your interview and good luck! :)
hey! can you go Into more detail about the actual interview? I have one Saturday!

Has anyone had trouble getting SMU emails? I just found out yesterday I got in on early admissions and that they have trying to contact me since December! I received absolutely nothing in my emails until yesterday

Has anyone had trouble getting SMU emails? I just found out yesterday I got in on early admissions and that they have trying to contact me since December! I received absolutely nothing in my emails until yesterday
I'm in a similar situation! I was called about my acceptance in December but still have not received the acceptance email.

I finished with my interview! I hope it went well for everyone! For those who got accepted for the December interview, when did they starte giving out acceptance phone call? a week? two week? Thanks!

I'm in a similar situation! I was called about my acceptance in December but still have not received the acceptance email.
I joined Kasie on her zoom office hours and told her what was going on with me it wasn't until then that I got all my information. You should try that its every Thursday at 12pm!

I joined Kasie on her zoom office hours and told her what was going on with me it wasn't until then that I got all my information. You should try that its every Thursday at 12pm!
Oh okay I'll try that! I talked to Kasie a few weeks ago and even gave her an alternate email but it still hasn't come so now I'm just wondering if the deadline to put down a deposit has passed.

Oh okay I'll try that! I talked to Kasie a few weeks ago and even gave her an alternate email but it still hasn't come so now I'm just wondering if the deadline to put down a deposit has passed.
Oh wow! When I finally got in contact with her she pushed my deadline back

Has anyone that interviewed on 1/9 heard back yet? I thought they said this week decisions would go out!

Has anyone that interviewed on 1/9 heard back yet? I thought they said this week decisions would go out!
Not yet, I was under the impression that this week it would be under review and that the following week or so decisions would be made. Good luck everyone! 🙏🏽✊🏽

Not yet, I was under the impression that this week it would be under review and that the following week or so decisions would be made. Good luck everyone! 🙏🏽✊🏽
Oh gotcha! Thanks for clarifying, I was so nervous I probably heard that wrong. Good luck!! 🍀

Oh gotcha! Thanks for clarifying, I was so nervous I probably heard that wrong. Good luck!! 🍀
Thank you, I just got the acceptance call today. You should definitely be hearing from them soon!

Has anyone that interviewed in December now received anything yet? I’m starting to think I didn’t get accepted

Has anyone that interviewed in December now received anything yet? I’m starting to think I didn’t get accepted
Also haven’t received a call, neither has my friend in the same December interview.

Did anyone in January that interviewed received anything yet?

I got a call today and I interviewed in Dec. I didn't know that some received acceptance right after December interview.

I just received an e-mail, but I’m 6th on the waitlist! Crossing my fingers

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

I just received an e-mail, but I’m 6th on the waitlist! Crossing my fingers

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!
Congrats! I think you have a high chance of getting in!! I’m waitlisted as well :(

Congrats! I think you have a high chance of getting in!! I’m waitlisted as well :(
I really hope so!

Waitlist is better than nothing, what number are you? And is Samuel Merritt your first choice?

Has anyone heard anything from Dominican about the interviews in February? Also do people think they will inform us if we are not chosen for an interview?