Program-Specific Info / Q's Samuel Merritt OTD/MOT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goaltobeOT

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I haven't seen anyone post about Samuel Merritt. There deadline was September 30th. Has anyone heard from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

It looks like we are on the same page. I hope to hear from them soon :p

Same here! I think they said they’ll get back to us early November.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They changed the deadline to December since they are offering both programs so I wonder if it will take longer for them to send out interviews

I’ve read on their website that SMU will start to offer both MOT and OTD programs. The deadline is on December 1st. But are they gonna update it on OTCAS? (It still says there deadline is October 1st) I’m trying to find the submission for the MOT program in OTCAS but the only program listed in there is the OTD program. I have not submitted my application yet but I’ll most likely apply to the MOT program.

I’ve read on their website that SMU will start to offer both MOT and OTD programs. The deadline is on December 1st. But are they gonna update it on OTCAS? (It still says there deadline is October 1st) I’m trying to find the submission for the MOT program in OTCAS but the only program listed in there is the OTD program. I have not submitted my application yet but I’ll most likely apply to the MOT program.

You can still submit the application! I did after oct 1 and it worked

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

You can still submit the application! I did after oct 1 and it worked

I see. Did you apply to the MOT or OTD program? Also, I have not taken Physics yet and it says on their website that this should be completed by December. I’m currently taking Anatomy and Physiology.

Wow I did not know this. I only applied to their OTD program because I knew they didn’t offer a Masters but now I want to apply to both. I wonder when they’ll update so we can apply to the masters.

I heard that the MOT program is only a 1 semester difference, and the per unit charge is higher than the OTD. Do you mind sharing why you would do the MOT?

Did you not receive the email from them? They said you do not have to submit a separate app for the MOT program, they most likely will let you choose which program you want to go into when you have your interview

Did you not receive the email from them? They said you do not have to submit a separate app for the MOT program, they most likely will let you choose which program you want to go into when you have your interview
I never received an email from them... Did you directly email them asking about it or was it a mass email sent out?

Members don't see this ad :)

When did you receive this email? Did they give you a timeline of when they will be reviewing/send out interview invites? Thank you!

Has anyone who interviewed last cycle have any advice for people who are interviewing in December? They said that there will be a writing portion, does anyone know what they will cover? As well as, how long is the interview directly? They said that the entire process is 4 hours including Q&A period with current students, a tour and the actual interview. Any information is helpful, thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed last cycle have any advice for people who are interviewing in December? They said that there will be a writing portion, does anyone know what they will cover? As well as, how long is the interview directly? They said that the entire process is 4 hours including Q&A period with current students, a tour and the actual interview. Any information is helpful, thanks!
did you receive an interview invitation already?

Same here!! So nervous

Hi! When did you all who got offered an interview apply? I applied about a month ago and I have not heard anything back. I’m so anxious! TIA

Hi! When did you all who got offered an interview apply? I applied about a month ago and I have not heard anything back. I’m so anxious! TIA

I applied in September

I am also interviewing at 8 am!

Im not too sure how many invites, but I would assume the group has to be small enough to hold a tour of the school and still and make it a relatively intimate experience

I just got my interview invitation today for Dec 7th as well!

I am also interviewing with Samuel Merritt on December 7th! I received the invite today!

Reactions: 1 user
I am also interviewing with Samuel Merritt on December 7th! I received the invite today!

I did as well! It’s so soon, and I live across the country. I hope I can make it

Good luck to everyone interviewing today! I just got an invitation to interview in January. I've been obsessively checking my e-mail all week, and they snuck it in on a Saturday.

Good luck to everyone interviewing today! I just got an invitation to interview in January. I've been obsessively checking my e-mail all week, and they snuck it in on a Saturday.

I’m interviewing in January as well. I did not expect I’ll receive their email on a Saturday too.

What time did they call you

Yesterday around 4 pm. I believe they said they we’re calling the first round of acceptances Friday and will continue this coming week.

Yesterday around 4 pm. I believe they said they we’re calling the first round of acceptances Friday and will continue this coming week.

I wonder how many are in the first round. Ugh so nervous, I don’t think I did well on the essay portion, I couldn’t stop looking at the clock

Will you be attending SMU

Hi all! For those who already interviewed last week, how did the interview go for you and the writing portion? I was invited and scheduled to interview next month, but I have not completed Physics and the skills course yet (which I am now planning to by spring!)

Congrats to those that just got their acceptance calls! So exciting!!!

Last edited:
Hi all! For those who already interviewed last week, how did the interview go for you and the writing portion? I was invited and scheduled to interview next month, but I have not completed Physics and the skills course yet (which I am now planning to by spring!)
Hi, I interview last weekend. It was a very comfortable process honestly, they had a lot of snacks and a lot of friendly people to help you throughout the session especially since it was early in the morning. The writing portion is first and it wasn't anything that you really have to prepare for. And then interviews next, they are short but they didn't ask anything to trick you, just be yourself and answer honestly! You'll do great!

I got an acceptance email yesterday!

Has anyone else heard besides those that heard in December ? They said by January 15th but not sure if anyone who interviewed over the weekend has heard anything

Has anyone else heard besides those that heard in December ? They said by January 15th but not sure if anyone who interviewed over the weekend has heard anything

January 15th seems really early considering the interview was on the 11th. Where did you hear that we should be getting responses by the 15th?

I interviewed last Saturday (Jan 11th) too. From my understanding, they will start sending out acceptances by this week.

I still have two pending courses. Do you guys think that applicants with courses still pending that got interviewed will also receive notification?

January 15th seems really early considering the interview was on the 11th. Where did you hear that we should be getting responses by the 15th?
I know they said that we will hear back by the end of this week or beginning of next week. And do you guys know if they will call or email?

I interviewed last Saturday (Jan 11th) too. From my understanding, they will start sending out acceptances by this week.

I still have two pending courses. Do you guys think that applicants with courses still pending that got interviewed will also receive notification?
I completed and passed my two courses that were also pending so I hope for only good news in a few days. Good luck!!